• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS buyers are you keeping your GBA SP?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well, GBC to this day still remains the best way to play GB games.. GBSP is a second close. backlight is nice but smaller screen sucks.

801381b.jpg

... so, uh no

aoi tsuki

1. i never sell games or consoles i have. i got burned too many times doing that during my Saturn import era. Also, keeping old stuff gives me a physical gaming history, and i can play any game i've bought any time i feel like it.

2. The SP's design is near perfect. Sleek, and extremely portable. The DS design is nice, but much more bulky and from reports, heavy. Plus, Fire DS > *.

3. i do want to play Crystal Chronicles with friends someday, and i just got Pacman VS from a friend.

4. The occasional GBC game. MGS: Ghost Babel and Shantae... i'm looking at you.

5. Trade in and even eBay values of the SP are far lower than they should be, especially with the price drop, which brings us back to #1.

I'm still keeping my original GBA system. I'll be buying GB Color Zelda games if i can find them.

Zelda games I don't have yet :

Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I actually had one of each generation of Game Boy, even the Indiglo one that never came out here, until my original White-brick style GB was ruined by a mixture of detergent and fleas.

This is because I dropped it a mixture of detergent and fleas, incidentally.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I generally don't trade up, and this won't be an exception. I did give away my launch clear blue GBA when I "upgraded" to the Toys R Us Exclusive black GBA (not SP) almost two years ago, but I still have two more GBAs in the house, and two SPs. I'll keep them, and get one NDS to start.

I'll be keeping mine. The DS is just to big to fit in my pocket. I look at the DS as more of a crapper buddie and the SP as my take on the road portable. :)

Spike

seismologist said:
The other thing I dont like about the SP is the way you have to hold is so crapmed it hurts my wrists after playing for a while.

I didn't have that problem with the original GBA.
I'll hope the DS gives me the best of both worlds.

Heh, I thought I was the only one.

I've already traded in my GBA:SP for it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
MattCoz said:
I don't have an SP, I've got an original with the Afterburner mod. Gotta keep it for GB/GBC games.

What is an Afterburner mod?

Nester

isamu said:
What is an Afterburner mod?

It was a front light kit similar to what the SP uses. Took a bit of work to open up the GBA and install the thing, but was a decent solution until the SP was announced.

Top Bottom