• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualsense Controller Price Increased on Major Retailers ($5 to $10)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If you want controllers that cost a fraction of the price of the DualSense with features like back buttons, hall effect triggers & analogs, custom mapping and turbos, and support multiple non-PS platforms then go get the 8bitdo or gulikit or something. Let Sony sell their DualSense at $79.99

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
You can find these regularly on sale everywhere in the states (cannot speak to other markets).
Some sites to watch:
Amazon.com (look for refreshed or refurbished if you want a deep discount)
Woot.com
Ebay.com
Gamestop.com
Bestbuy.com (look for open box if you want a deep discount).

Also...inflation and recession is one hell of a combo.

HogIsland

The dualsense is my favorite controller, but i gotta say one thing that's great about PC/Steam is you can use practically any controller you want. you don't have to buy 4 new ones every 5 years.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
With Xbox being completely irrelevant, Sony is now showing their true colors. In other parts of the world, the Dualsense is already selling at $94.99 without taxes. If you're not on PC yet, you're scamming yourself. Sony has completely lost the plot this gen.
Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Why are the prices so fucked in Australia?
We’re used to paying more for things so many people just pay it.

I used to work in retail advertising and speaking to overseas suppliers they called Australia ’Treasure Island’ because of how much they could gouge customers here.

reinking

Gold Member
A few days ago, I felt dumb when I bought a new dualsense thinking I should have waited for version 2. Now? 🧠🧠🧠

Fbh

The dualsense is my favorite controller, but i gotta say one thing that's great about PC/Steam is you can use practically any controller you want. you don't have to buy 4 new ones every 5 years.

Yup.
It specially sucks because I do have a pair of perfectly functional Dualshock 4s and there is no real reason why I shouldn't be able to use them on 98% of my Ps5 games.
Like I get there are a few games which were specifically designed for the Dualsense, like Astrobot, but it's a very limited list.

It's specially hilarious with all the PC ports now. Pc players can easily play Helldivers 2 with a Dualshock 4, but I'm not allowed to on ps5.

Yup.
It specially sucks because I do have a pair of perfectly functional Dualshock 4s and there is no real reason why I shouldn't be able to use them on 98% of my Ps5 games.
Like I get there are a few games which were specifically designed for the Dualsense, like Astrobot, but it's a very limited list.

It's specially hilarious with all the PC ports now. Pc players can easily play Helldivers 2 with a Dualshock 4, but I'm not allowed to on ps5.

I will always champion the DS4, far superior shape and feel to the DualSense. Even with Astro Bot, I really don't care for the controller or its features.

Esca

Ever since the PS+ price increase I said fuck it and built my new computer a year earlier than I was going to and I'm so glad I did. I haven't used my PS5 much at all since then and the only money they've gotten from me was when I bought Helldivers 2 for the PC. I took a break from PC gaming sort of for a bit due to my own issues but their greed and bullshit made me say fuck it. I would normally be hyped to get a PS5 Pro but now? Lol not anymore, I bought a OLED steam deck to go along with my PC instead. To top it off they are putting most their first party shit on PC anyways now. Get fucked Sony, you lost a ton of business from me alone.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ever since the PS+ price increase I said fuck it and built my new computer a year earlier than I was going to and I'm so glad I did. I haven't used my PS5 much at all since then and the only money they've gotten from me was when I bought Helldivers 2 for the PC. I took a break from PC gaming sort of for a bit due to my own issues but their greed and bullshit made me say fuck it. I would normally be hyped to get a PS5 Pro but now? Lol not anymore, I bought a OLED steam deck to go along with my PC instead. To top it off they are putting most their first party shit on PC anyways now. Get fucked Sony, you lost a ton of business from me alone.
What controller are you using on PC though?

Fbh

I will always champion the DS4, far superior shape and feel to the DualSense. Even with Astro Bot, I really don't care for the controller or its features.

I prefer the Dualsense but both controllers are great and I wish I could use both.
To be honest most of the reason why I even need a second controller is the occasional local multiplayer when I have friends over. I find it ridiculous I have to download and play the Ps4 version of all my games with local multiplayer so I don't need to spend $70 on a second controller I'd have a use for maybe once or twice a month.

Esca

What controller are you using on PC though?
I pretty much use kb/m. Been PC gaming like that since the mid 90's. But for the few times I may use a controller I'll use my DS5 since I own a couple of those currently. Otherwise I may pick up a 8bitdo Ultimate around black friday since I would like the back buttons/hall sticks/ and use on my switch as well.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I have 5 Dualsense controllers. 6 if you count the Concord one I need to get around to selling. I think I can weather the storm until Sony runs a holiday sale. Or until they release a color that I really, really like.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Well you've always been able to play PS5 games via remote play on a PS4, using, of course, the DS4.

It's always been a sham, every new feature is optional for games.

Crazy. I think next gen, I’m done buying all the consoles. Maybe go pure pc. Maybe Nintendo next one. Prices are not suppose to go up for old tech. When it only gonna be Nintendo and Sony. Shit gonna be bad. Hopefully I’m wrong

Jesb

Sony is high. I got a 8bitdo ultimate and it’s better and half the price. Just checked and it’s $95 here. I’m scared to see what the pro will cost. Probably $700 at minimum.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
Technology in particular is cheaper to produce when production lines mature and economies of scale kick in. Moore's Law is basically dead though, and with all the trouble the major fabs are having with die shrinks, that is no longer helping reduce costs the way it used to. With that said, these shouldn't be more expensive to produce simply due to overhead - this is a money grab by Sony under the guise of inflation.
That's the key word, right? But between mounting geopolitical problems and bad economic policy, I really wouldn't be surprised if it did get marginally more costly to produce these things. When I'm paying 50+% more for fucking seasonings in the grocery store, not accounting for a marginally lower weight and probably shittier/less ingredients, I'm almost surprised how relatively stable electronics have kept up.

I'd also have to imagine that this gen, demand for extra controllers is lower than previous ones.

This will continue to happen until the brand is on the brink of collapse and by that point, a reversal may be impossible. Sheer capitalistic greed.

I know they launched the PS3 from Japan HQ, but I’d say they’ve never been as greedy since they moved to California.

It’s the American corporate mindset sorry.
I mean, you just said it. Japan HQ took the PS2 W and went way, way crazier than anything happening now in '06.

The problem is they're all it. If I return to PC gaming I'm fully aware I'll have Nvidia taking the piss. There no escaping it, not even on PC.
You'll have Nvidia taking the pics on high end cards, sure. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to change this. Funnily enough, Steam is also at a level of "monopoly" where they could really take advantage at any moment.

The games market is extremely concentrated by necessity.

its not even our problem if they are facing challenging economic situation . they are just putting their own problems on the consumer shoulders . fuck them.
? That's how business works.

Top Bottom