• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

I am beyond hyped for this game. Been on their forums for over a year now. I played the crap out of the ipad version even though it was a cluttered mess. Im going PC and PS3.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Unless the game ends up utterly horrible, I'll be getting this on XBLA tomorrow. Co-Op Tower-Defense / Action RPG play should be similiar in fun to PSO/U Maximum attack missions, hopefully ;) (Lotsa Killing and Leveling!) Split Screen Online / Offline is also a big deciding factor for me.

I really like these new-age TD-Hybrid games, which also have deep gameplay to go along with the strategey. If this ends up half as fun as MNC did on XBLA, I could see myself enjoying this with friends and family for a good while.

Finaika said:
I just have 1 question: Why is the Squire fighting in his underwear?

Because if he had full armor, there'd be nothing "whimsical" about him.

Also, homage to Arthur.

Euphor!a

Banned
Does anyone know if this game is account based? Is stuff hosted server side or locally? Also, if I have the PC version and the Android version would I be able to play both using the same character?

Ocho

Euphor!a said:
Does anyone know if this game is account based? Is stuff hosted server side or locally? Also, if I have the PC version and the Android version would I be able to play both using the same character?

This is a good question and I'd like to know the answer, although I'm planning PS3/Android/iPad.

I had never heard of this game until this thread! it looks like it will fill the hole in my heart that was created when I beat Trenched.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i'm kinda curious...

anybody can answer this?

i got the four pack awhile back, but won't gift them for another week or so. my recipients 'should' get the dlc too, right?

Kuro Madoushi said:
i'm kinda curious...

anybody can answer this?

i got the four pack awhile back, but won't gift them for another week or so. my recipients 'should' get the dlc too, right?
Yes, I believe so.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I guess they must have fixed the multitude of issues the game had when I originally grabbed it on the iPad. I'll give it another chance.

Hanzou

Hazaro said:
I guess I'll be pre-ordering a 4 pack?
PM me if you want a copy for $10.15. Paypal gift from Balance/Instant Transfer is no fee iirc.

Did one for Renegade Ops no issues.

*http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/
The second video (The Dev Diary) is like "Yo we got everything, check it"

**Two spots left. $10.75 via Debit/Credit if you go that way.
I'll take a spot. Sent you a pm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. This game. Even the first stage kicked my ass at first (on Medium). Loving it, though. It scratches so many itches at once it's insane. There's more content here than a lot of full-on retail games.

Still can't decide! PC or PS3? The one is cheaper and has DLC, and the other I can play with ComfyCouch™ on the big muthaclpain TV. Oh you, choices!

SLV

OMG :D It released early, woohoo, just finished downloading, took only 30 mins ! Anyone up for a game ?

SLV said:
OMG :D It released early, woohoo, just finished downloading, took only 30 mins ! Anyone up for a game ?
Quick, convince me to buy this game! Is it any good with comparison to Orcs Must Die!?

Bossman

Just played it for an hour and it's really great so far with 4 players. Managed to find a good lighting spear for my monk and upgraded it a couple times (the crafting system adds some nice depth to the game). Now I just need to save tons of mana so I can buy myself a pet dragon.

SLV

Well, the controls on orcs must die feel more polished, i mean the movement and stuff like that, Dungeon defenders is kinda more sluggish in that way. BUT !

I had loads of fun even on my own, and at the second stages last level on medium, i reallly needed a helping hand, so co-op, this is really an awesome game ! + there is lots of stuff other games like this dont have. The gearing, you can even level up your gear ! Its fun !

Carm

I want to buy this, but none of my friends will be. I don't normally like cooping with people I don't know, how decent is the game solo? Read part of the Destructoid review saying it was extremely hard solo?

SLV

Carm said:
I want to buy this, but none of my friends will be. I don't normally like cooping with people I don't know, how decent is the game solo? Read part of the Destructoid review saying it was extremely hard solo?

Well, i failed on the second maps last wave on medium. Although i could have tried harder, played smarter etc... It should be amazing co-op :p

P.S. Do what i did, get a 4-pack :D
It aint so expensive imo.

WTF ? After i lost that game i went to the pub. And then i switched my game off, my local character is not saved D: Am cry...

Im_Special

So does this game have single player or solo play? I assume if it does the waves of enemies scale down since its 1 person not 4 right?

Im_Special said:
So does this game have single player or solo play? I assume if it does the waves of enemies scale down since its 1 person not 4 right?

Yeah, it's got single player. I don't know for sure about the wave scaling, but I'd assume so.

Carm

SLV said:
Well, i failed on the second maps last wave on medium. Although i could have tried harder, played smarter etc... It should be amazing co-op :p

P.S. Do what i did, get a 4-pack :D
It aint so expensive imo.

WTF ? After i lost that game i went to the pub. And then i switched my game off, my local character is not saved D: Am cry...

Getting a 4-pack blindly is not something I'd want to take a chance on. My friends wouldn't even take free copies of DoW2 Retribution from me to have people to play last stand with, because they are either to busy or playing something else.

SLV

Carm said:
Getting a 4-pack blindly is not something I'd want to take a chance on. My friends wouldn't even take free copies of DoW2 Retribution from me to have people to play last stand with, because they are either to busy or playing something else.

:(

wow the game is finally out :eek: I know it did appear on ios for a brief while but it was buggy so they pulled it for like half a year.

Really looking forward to playing this on xbla, giving the trial a spin first as always.

FearX

Neo Member
sooo i just bought it, had 1½ hour played so far... im entertained enough by the TD stuff, the action stuff AND THE LOOT WHORING STUFF! omg soo much stuff drops :D

only thing i dont like is that you cant activate steam interface ingame :(

soo anybody wanna play? communication is pretty much key in this game

forgot to say im eurogaf and on the PC :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah this game is fantastic so far. The combat is a lot looser than Orcs Must Die, but depth seems to go a lot further. I also had 200 drops by the 4th level. Dat loot.
Doesn't explain a whole bunch though.

Go to the first boss on Hard. One hitting all of us with homing fire :'[
By the way... probably start on Easy. Medium is actually Medium and Hard is actually Hard. Think of it more like Diablo II difficulty (sort of).

Right now my main annoyances are that the Monk does jack for damage and melee auto targets pretty heavily.

jbmVZTCbvcCMfv.jpg

Top Bottom