• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Zeppeli

Banned
main_top.png

Get ready for the ultimate brawl! Dungeon Fighter Online brings the arcade-style action online with 9 diverse customizable classes. Join the adventure and unravel ancient mysteries of Arad!

t0R5oFa.png

Dungeon Fighter Online is a multiplayer PC beat 'em up video game developed by Neople, originally published by Hangame and Nexon. Recently, Neople seems to have acquired the necessary rights to their game to host it on their own, so they've brought the game back for a public alpha test. Nexon is no longer involved in this project in any way, shape, or form. The Alpha test started on May 15th, 00:00 KST. There is no indication of the test ending in the foreseeable future.

J0Ean3h.png

Here's the first guide to get into the game, involving the classes and such.
Here's a similar guide.
Credit for the guide goes to /vg/'s /dfog/!
DFO English Wiki

You Ain't Got Nothin' On Manjin

zmYQwuE.png

Internet Explorer or Chrome recommended.
Language: English.

bcM4qgX.png

In order to get into the alpha test, you must first do a few things:

1. Go to http://dnf.neople.com/
  2. Click "LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK" (At the time of this OT, the alpha test is only playable via connecting the service to your Facebook. It doesn't have the ability to post on your wall or anything, don't worry.
  3. Click "GAME DOWNLOAD"
  4. Allow the browser plug-in to install, and restart your browser
  5. Go back to the site
  6. Click on "GAME START" to begin downloading. Say yes to any Windows prompts. Once downloaded, you can play!

EQPxRB2.png

Don't have anything to add here right now. PM me or post your IGN and class and I'll throw it in a quoted text block here. If you guys decide on a guild/server, I'll throw it in here, too!

GAF USERNAME: Sorairo - IGN: Sorairo - CLASS: Slayer
GAF USERNAME: Zephyl - IGN: Xaphrael - CLASS: Grappler + Juggernaut
GAF USERNAME: MisterHero - IGN: MisterHero - CLASS: M.Fighter
GAF USERNAME: parallax - IGN: hunterXero - CLASS: Slayer
GAF USERNAME: ShinMaruku - IGN: Xelian - CLASS: Rogue
GAF USERNAME: FiraB - IGN: Mouse - CLASS: M. Mage
GAF USERNAME: Professor Beef - IGN: ProfBeef - CLASS: M. Fighter
GAF USERNAME: Arken2121 - IGN: Arken - CLASS: Fighter
GAF USERNAME: Kouriozan - IGN: Kouriozan - CLASS: Crusader
GAF USERNAME: Silky - IGN: Illia - CLASS: Fighter
GAF USERNAME: Armaros - IGN: Armakiel - CLASS: Slayer
GAF USERNAME: Kuntz - IGN: Boum - CLASS: Gunner
GAF USERNAME: Grakl - IGN: Grakl - CLASS: Priest

XDosLJq.png

As of right now, I don't have much to put here.

• Currently, there is a very large stranglehold on the servers from people trying to get in and play. This is a great thing as it shows Neople our interest in the game.
  • Remember, this is an alpha test. If you run into any bugs or problems, you can contact Neople at dfo_support@neople.co.kr
  • Despite being an alpha test though, there's a ton of content since the game was once up in a completely playable state. Don't be shy about playing, you'll have tons to do!
  • Sorry if the OT isn't all that terrific, it's my first shot at one.

Keasar

Gonna give this a shot definitely, I remember seeing it long ago and wondering where it went. Though I don't expect much in terms of progression as usual. Slow grind of running a dungeon/instance/mission/whatever a couple hundred times before you get somewhere. Gameplay is maybe fun though.

MisterHero

So glad this game is back. Sad that the old characters are gone. :(

I'm not sure I can switch channels to team up without getting the game locking me out, but if you're in the Otherverse channel then sure.

GAF USERNAME: MisterHero - IGN: MisterHero - CLASS: M.Fighter

I'll try it. Going Female Gunner. Any tips for a total stranger?

Since both gunners are so tall, use your shadow to line up with enemies as you get use to the game. Take anything you want, you get a reset later on anyway, so might as well milk it with all the beginning skills to see what you like but you don't have to, since it's alright to hang back and save some SP for your sub class skills. Make sure you lock backstep and use it only as a hotkey, that shit is impossible as a manual command. Pick up cancel skills for some of your more used skills.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
GAF USERNAME: parallax - IGN: hunterXero - CLASS: SLAYER

do we make new posts with new characters?

MisterHero

I just want to say that I hope Seria's current shop is a permanent fixture.

Please let me have time to buy a full set of Avatars for 100k each!!

Astarte

The lack of equipment is really killing this alpha for me..that and no auction house so I actually have to farm for spinels and zircons. But eyyy the DFO experience!

Marvelous

The grind is real. Bring back equipment drops and auction hall, please. I wonder how long the alpha phase will last, though.

And I'm curious if most or all of the old top players will return to DFO.

Astarte

The grind is real. Bring back equipment drops and auction hall, please. I wonder how long the alpha phase will last, though.

And I'm curious if most or all of the old top players will return to DFO.

A lot of the old top players don't even know this game came out, or got really burned out on the experience they've had (the game itself, not nexon). But who knows, maybe they'll all come back and we can have a good ol' goldbuyingchinese vs cutenpopular guild drama all over again. I mean, after all I came back right? The best FS obo
I'm joking, but ONE DAY I'll get all those epics. JUST YOU WAIT

Marvelous

A lot of the old top players don't even know this game came out, or got really burned out on the experience they've had (the game itself, not nexon). But who knows, maybe they'll all come back and we can have a good ol' goldbuyingchinese vs cutenpopular guild drama all over again. I mean, after all I came back right? The best FS obo
I'm joking, but ONE DAY I'll get all those epics. JUST YOU WAIT

Epics? FS Saders all about them chron sets. :p

Astarte

Epics? FS Saders all about them chron sets. :p

Yep, but this one FS kept dangling epics in front of my face. I got pretty jealous and set out to find the cross of the fallen angel (regardless of how useless it is to me :y). 2000+ runs and I get 2 elenores on a character that can't even use them ;A;

Marvelous

Yep, but this one FS kept dangling epics in front of my face. I got pretty jealous and set out to find the cross of the fallen angel (regardless of how useless it is to me :y). 2000+ runs and I get 2 elenores on a character that can't even use them ;A;

Lol that sucks, Astarte. It's too bad that epics weren't account tradeable. Hmm... the only sader that I remember having a lot of epics was that Musicool character.

Razma1

Excited to play my Grappler again but with too many games out atm I'm going to wait for closer to release to grind all the way back through that content again.

So glad it's back and with Nexon Korea behind it not Nexon America.

Arken2121

Yeah. 400 Blitz Points, I think.

Darn, was really hoping they were going to get rid of that.

Edit:

Nope, that ship sailed a long time ago. You can run dungeons as long as you want, but after the usage of 400 "Blitz Points" items will no longer drop in dungeon for you or your party. You'll still gain exp though.

That's not as bad just I was never a fan of walling people off from advancing(regardless of gear and/or levels)

Astarte

Probably gonna be even worse tomorrow and the weekend. @.@

It's funny because they actually removed some channels.

Is there still that limitation to how much you can play before you're unable to run dungeons?

Nope, that ship sailed a long time ago. You can run dungeons as long as you want, but after the usage of 400 "Blitz Points" items and gold will no longer drop in dungeon for you or your party. You'll still gain exp though.

Marvelous

400BP is a lot, though. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to burn through it all on a daily basis.

But yeah, unlimited play is always nice.

EDIT: Oh, I guess you can play as much as you want. Sorry.

Astarte

Edit:

That's not as bad just I was never a fan of walling people off from advancing(regardless of gear and/or levels)

The fatigue system is meant to stop Korean sfrom dying by playing games for too long (or to prevent kids from skipping school/stopping them from failing school due to games); it was just brought over with the same intent with Americans, but they complained way too much.

400BP is a lot, though. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to burn through it all on a daily basis.

But yeah, unlimited play is always nice.

EDIT: Oh, I guess you can play as much as you want. Sorry.

Lol, mistakes always happen.

didn't the blitz system crash the DFO economy before it shut down?

The blitz system, the farming hackers, and goldbuyers absolutely wrecked the economy. I don't have a problem with fatigue at all; gives me a chance to experiment with other characters.

Astarte

I mean I suppose that makes sense but I would imagine it wouldn't take much to just get rid of it for NA

The fatigue system was basically removed from NA and the game was sent on a hilarious road to ruin. I think I'm fine with a fatigue system if it slows down/deters Chinese hackers and gold buyers.

Arken2121

The fatigue system was basically removed from NA and the game was sent on a hilarious road to ruin. I think I'm fine with a fatigue system if it slows down/deters Chinese hackers and gold buyers.

Completely agree. I'll give it a shot since it was amazing before the shut-down. Thank you for the information.

Edit: With all these connection timed outs...bleh 8(

FiraB

Banned
Completely agree. I'll give it a shot since it was amazing before the shut-down. Thank you for the information.

Edit: With all these connection timed outs...bleh 8(

Yeah they are looking into the errors, if you get D/Ced your pretty much screwed.

Top Bottom