• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Kouriozan

Woot, finally Crusader, it took me like 3 hours to find those fragments x)
I predicted I would be level 25 by the time I finish that quest but I'm just 24.

Kouriozan

Ok, I'm done for today, I must have played for 6 hours, really a fun game.
Also, can I keep my chest for the Beta :p

sokKlaW.jpg

Oh and just before I stop playing I finally could play with someone else, was a bit scared of lag because I'm from France and.... no lag at all! Really impressive!
Buffing everyone in a 4 players party will be a chore LOL

Ok, I'm done for today, I must have played for 6 hours, really a fun game.

Oh and just before I stop playing I finally could play with someone else, was a bit scared of lag because I'm from France and.... no lag at all! Really impressive!
Buffing everyone in a 4 players party will be a chore LOL

Don't worry, it's a little tough managing everyone at first, but it soon becomes routine. :D

I don't know if I'll play too much during the Alpha, but my IGN should be the same when it comes time for beta/launch.
IGN: Randomselect
Class: Priest/Crusader

Puru

Logged in to give the tower of illusion another shot for my battlemage quest and i was too powerfull for it now, feels good to take my revenge on that last guy.
Class seems pretty fun, lots of thing to press and those spheres following me reminds me of my old RO champion, i'll definitly main this when it goes live.

Can't believe i didn't tried this game earlier (well before it died) even though some firend told me about it, feels bad.

Wow, I've been hearing about this game for several years now. How is it? I played a bit of Rusty Hearts and it was quite repetitive, is this significantly better?
(I would probably be much more excited about this before Dragon's Crown was released).

So has anyone made a guild yet? Because if not, then I don't mind saving up the gold to make it. Not like I have anything to buy since the Rich Goblin or whatever keeps showing for me lol

Ultratech

Paladins are only fun to me during OVs so being strapped to a random who used blues killed me. My Bellatrix was only 3 levels away from 70 ;;

My only issue with being a Buff Sader is that there's a few quests where you have to run solo, and it's terribly, terribly slow.

Otherwise, with a good party, you're rocking.

It's one of the few subclasses where the Dual Spec thing would shine greatly (since Battle Saders have some pretty awesome shit).

Downloading the game now. Plan to make a Male fighter and maybe go the Striker route. Or possibly the Grappler. Depends on how I like the male fighter's play style.

EDIT: 3 hour download oh God.

IGN: Jess
Class: F. Fighter

Just started up and it's pretty fun so far. However I was testing out options for the chat boxes on the side and when I went for the middle one it vanished, how can I get it back?

Kouriozan

Level 27 now and still pretty happy with my Crusader, I'll definitely keep him for the Beta.
Screwed up and learned tons of skill, but in Alpha Test there is "test" :lol
So for the Beta I'm going to take the Buff Crusader road.

Uthred

Is there any way to play this with a controller? (or in proper widescreen?)

Pretty fun game, though feels rough around the edges, unsurprising as its an alpha test

Armaros

Hmm, I'm tempted to try other classes during alpha and not burn myself out grinding my Soulbender to a level where all his fun skills come out only for him to get deleted.

omlet

Level 27 now and still pretty happy with my Crusader, I'll definitely keep him for the Beta.
Screwed up and learned tons of skill, but in Alpha Test there is "test" :lol
So for the Beta I'm going to take the Buff Crusader road.

Yeah, now's the time to mess with skills that you're curious about, because once it's for real you can only reset your skills when you class rank up or buy cash shop items

Pretty fun game, though feels rough around the edges, unsurprising as its an alpha test

The game has been running for years. It's only an "alpha test" in the sense of testing the infrastructure for this English client re-release. The game you're playing in this alpha test is the game client with a good bit of expansion/patch content included (up to http://wiki.dfo-world.com/view/Abysmal_Arena IIRC). Good chance that something that feels "rough" to you is not going to be changed.

ShinMaruku

Shame we lost most of the story beats and have to retranslate them but this game has a funny story because it's essentailly the future severy centuries out where humanity got so advanced it nearly killed itself and became realty warpers >_>

The pointy ear mages are actually Terrans or our races that is separate from the humans of arad or the empryans

Shame we lost most of the story beats and have to retranslate them but this game has a funny story because it's essentailly the future severy centuries out where humanity got so advanced it nearly killed itself and became realty warpers >_>

The pointy ear mages are actually Terrans or our races that is separate from the humans of arad or the empryans

so we evolved into elves?

From the DFO general early this morning.
There are two planets

ARAD is the one we're on
TERA is Earth

Earth gets destroyed because of a giant nuclear war
The last remaining survivors get in a giant spaceships and flee from earth before it gets destroyed

Spaceship lands in Arad (Tower of Despair IS the spaceship, upside down)

Remainig broken piece of Earth (eastern US area) becomes a home to mages and is called Tera (or Pandemonium)

Hilder is from Earth, and she is trying to restore Earth, however for that to happen Arad must be destroyed.

Hilder fools the adventurers (us) framing the other apostles making us kill them
I need to pay more attention to the story, but then again, we do have some catching up to do.
They also cited some game Neople made that had a few of the DFO apostles in it on Earth as test subjects to make super humans. Also, that makes lot more sense, since knight is from Earth (A different earth timeline, I believe.) and creator and dark knight are from inbetween timelines or something.
Cool stuff, look forward to more of that stuff to get a better picture.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
My children are reborn again

Syllocke - Striker
Tyrminus - soon to be Berserker
Gaist - soon to be Infighter
Abyssion - soon to be Asura
Gargant - soon to be Soul Bender
Tetsuro - soon to be Male Striker
Illyana - soon to be Female Ranger

Uthred

The game has been running for years. It's only an "alpha test" in the sense of testing the infrastructure for this English client re-release. The game you're playing in this alpha test is the game client with a good bit of expansion/patch content included (up to http://wiki.dfo-world.com/view/Abysmal_Arena IIRC). Good chance that something that feels "rough" to you is not going to be changed.

Ah, I thought it was a full relaunch of an old title not just an english relaunch. The main thing I thought felt rough were the visuals and animations when compared to something like Dragon's Crown

Ah, I thought it was a full relaunch of an old title not just an english relaunch. The main thing I thought felt rough were the visuals and animations when compared to something like Dragon's Crown
It's supposed to resemble an arcade beat-em-up from the 90's. :p

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Anyone know how to make it display all the info on creature items? One thing I was never able to figure out.

Xud5NMP.jpg

I think you just highlight the creature itself in the box on the upper left

EDIT: nevermind you said creature items. I have no idea

Also, McDoogle apparently wanted to know who eats ass.

ShinMaruku

so we evolved into elves?
Somewhat except we are even more powerful and slapdash than the elves

There are two planets

ARAD is the one we're on
TERA is Earth

The last remaining survivors get in a giant spaceships and flee from earth before it gets destroyed

Remainig broken piece of Earth (eastern US area) becomes a home to mages and is called Tera (or Pandemonium)

Hilder is from Earth, and she is trying to restore Earth, however for that to happen Arad must be destroyed.

Hilder fools the adventurers (us) framing the other apostles making us kill them
I need to pay more attention to the story, but then again, we do have some catching up to do.
They also cited some game Neople made that had a few of the DFO apostles in it on Earth as test subjects to make super humans. Also, that makes lot more sense, since knight is from Earth (A different earth timeline, I believe.) and creator and dark knight are from inbetween timelines or something.

Even more so than a atomic war it was anitmatter and magic, Earth achieved the fusion of magic and technology unlike how Emptryan who just had technology because Bikal had put in that law to make his world strong to withstand Hilder and Caine but he got bodied regardless, because Terrans have magic AND technology

Ultratech

Finally found my old Summoner guide.

Should be very useful if anybody wants to look at it.

Should be relatively up-to-date for this Alpha.

Anyone know how to make it display all the info on creature items? One thing I was never able to figure out.

There's a button that shows all the info for an item.

I can't think for the life of me what it is at the moment.

There are two planets

ARAD is the one we're on
TERA is Earth

The last I remember reading...

Much like you said, Hilder and Cain are looking to restore Earth.
But for that to happen, they need an extraordinary amount of power.

Part of this comes from the defeat of the other Apostles.
The Apostles are incapable of killing one another, so the Dungeon Fighters are tricked into doing so by extraordinary circumstances.

Thus, most of the shit that's going on in Arad and Empyrean is so that the people will get stronger then get sacrificed so that Earth lives again.

Pretty much, the defeat of the Apostles will lead to the downfall of everyone, and this gets mentioned a little bit when dealing with Ozma and some things in Noire Ferra.

But then some weird shit happens and the Cataclysm occurs, so I don't know what exactly happens from there other than Arad getting wrecked.

liftedly

Made a thief and got it to level 10... bought a skeleton key from the vendor, used it, now all my gold is gone for some reason -.- (60k) #alpha

The game is lots of fun though!

MisterHero

Made a thief and got it to level 10... bought a skeleton key from the vendor, used it, now all my gold is gone for some reason -.- (60k) #alpha

The game is lots of fun though!
Yeah it's weird bug. The gold should come back after finishing a dungeon or switching channels though.

Top Bottom