• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Qvoth

how big is the size of this game?
can i play this with a ps3 controller?
do you have to pay to unlock new characters?
when is the alpha ending?

solomon

on the ps3 controller part, with xpadder yes, i tried it a long time ago was aight.

man im checking DnF Central

we have ALOT of hype shit coming our way
Since it seems that Nexon Korea gave Neople both permission and support (servers, mainly) to circumvent its western branches, I'm guessing that Neople has plans to roll out that stuff in a timely manner and do things "right", too.

Though, I think this also says something about what Nexon Korea thinks of Nexon America...

My installation is about 1.78 GB. You don't have to pay for characters, never did or will have to. As far as how long the Alpha will last, no one knows at this time. The controller question was answered already.

Talking about DFO's possible future, there is an extremely large amount of content and game changes kDnF has that DFO doesn't, and they are all soooo good.
Gold is automatically picked up, you can do Otherverse by yourself on the easiest mode to learn how to do the dungeons/get starter gear, and each party member has their own individual drops! Of course free SP resets need not be mentioned. The hype is real guys.

MisterHero

Yup they really picked up from where Nexon NA left off before. A Halloween glitch from 2012 is still in there. :p

For anyone that isn't familiar with DFO, I'd recommend hauling ass to buy Safe Upgrades. Most "useful" Cash Shop item by far. Just 70,000 gold a piece!

So either they're gonna wipe everyone's progress before the real launch or it's just an insane deal right now.

Yup they really picked up from where Nexon NA left off before. A Halloween glitch from 2012 is still in there. :p

For anyone that isn't familiar with DFO, I'd recommend hauling ass to buy Safe Upgrades. Most "useful" Cash Shop item by far. Just 70,000 gold a piece!

So either they're gonna wipe everyone's progress before the real launch or it's just an insane deal right now.
It's an Alpha so I would be shocked if there wasn't a wipe.

IGN: ProfBeef
Fighter Male

I LOVE GRAPPLES

I managed to get in an hour ago, and I finally stopped. Whether this proves foolish or not remains to be seen. =P

maintenance for 1 hour

[MAINTENANCE]

We will be holding a 1 hour maintenance shortly, starting 6PM(KST) / 2AM(PDT) / 5AM(EDT) / 10AM(BST) today (16th May) – simply put, the servers will go down in an hour.

We will be working on the following issues:
- Channel connection issues
- More channels for your peace of mind….
- And other bits and pieces (fingers crossed!)

We will be back with another post to let you know when the maintenance is over and servers are back online!

Stay Tuned!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is there a list of the pros and cons of the slayer upgrades? Want to know what im getting into before jumping on one

FiraB

Banned
so... are all characters unlocked at the start?
can you level multiple characters?

Yes.

Is there a list of the pros and cons of the slayer upgrades? Want to know what im getting into before jumping on one

Youtube.

Watch the playstyles and see what matches how you play, it can be hit or miss but it gives you a overall idea of what appeals to you.

MisterHero

http://wiki.dfo-world.com/view/Slayer

There's a lot of reading but it's basically this:

Blademaster- rounded class, can use all swords, skills are effected by weapon type
Berzerker- tanking, sacrifices HP for strength, some super armor moves, specializes with Bludgeons and Great Swords
Asura- magic user, can use plate armor
Soul Bender- magic user, relies on area of effect auras to buff itself / weaken enemies

Asura are more fun IMO. They have lots of fun magic skills for controlling the battlefield.

That said I also chose Blademaster so I could try out all of the weapons.

Qvoth said:
so... are all characters unlocked at the start?
can you level multiple characters?
They're just templates so you can make multiple of any one you like.

Back up now.

- More Channels added
- Equipment/Item dropping issue fixed

Man, if this is indicative of the level of service we can expect in the future then it's actually possible this game will get the love it deserves.

Kouriozan

Yesterday I tried thief, today it'll be priest!
My IGN is also Kouriozan by the way.

EDIT : Yay, I can get into the beginner channel now :)

omlet

For anyone having issues getting in, apparently the site isn't joking about recommending IE or Chrome. I tried for 15m to get it going with Firefox and DFO would launch then instantly timeout on channel select and shut down. I tried once using IE and it worked on the first try getting into a channel showing 4 bars of occupancy. One key difference I noticed was that launching from IE, I got a UAC prompt when DFO started up (to allow it to "make changes to this computer") that I never saw when launching from Firefox.

And this was even with my FF security addons relaxed (but not turned off). If anyone got the game to launch successfully from Firefox, please report what (if any) addons you were running when it worked for you.

Fluke? Maybe. I got the haven't-played-in-so-long out of my system last night so after work I can test some more, but until then if anyone else has input, chime in for SCIENCE!

Puru

With all those purple stuff dropping, i finally realized the staff i dropped at the start of the game which was randomly spamming lightning spells around or in front of me on top of having the raw power of a level 20 weapon was one tier above.

I think i'll just wait for the release as i just don't have as much fun with the other class than a melee mage so far (with the exception of the priest) which is kinda surprising as i generally don't like mage.

Astarte

http://wiki.dfo-world.com/view/Slayer

There's a lot of reading but it's basically this:

Blademaster- rounded class, can use all swords, skills are effected by weapon type
Berzerker- tanking, sacrifices HP for strength, some super armor moves, specializes with Bludgeons and Great Swords
Asura- magic user, can use plate armor
Soul Bender- magic user, relies on area of effect auras to buff itself / weaken enemies

Asura are more fun IMO. They have lots of fun magic skills for controlling the battlefield.

That said I also chose Blademaster so I could try out all of the weapons.

They're just templates so you can make multiple of any one you like.

Let it be known that berserkers and asuras are the cheapest slayer class to make. Asuras also become the most powerful slayer class once second awakenings and whatever hit, it's absurd.

Back up now.

- More Channels added
- Equipment/Item dropping issue fixed

Man, if this is indicative of the level of service we can expect in the future then it's actually possible this game will get the love it deserves.

Finally equipment starts dropping. Geeeeeeeeeeeez.

Kouriozan

Woot, I'm liking the Priest way more than my Thief, level 18 now and soon I gotta choose between Exorcist or Crusader.
Hmmm.... Decisions, decisions....

Marvelous

Oh man... I remember the days when people would get upset over tier lists. Fun times.

Btw, what's the current PvE tier list in Korea? Someone send me a link or pic of it. :p

ShinMaruku

There are a few top classes in pve right now it's fairly close since a bunch of them just do insane shit:
Striker (Kihop = hunnnnnggg)
Elementalist (They scale fucking HARD with gear early on kinda weak but you get some pretties and they are fucking insane)
Crusader they have don't give a fuck frames and they are just funny as hell to see them go ham.
Rogue Second highest dps in the game and with enough crit probably top. I have nott seen enough of their new skills but they may be striker level now...

Kouriozan

Is there a faster way to get cube fragments, with my luck I'll still be on that quest at level 25 :lol
I'm disassembling stuff and try to do repeatable but it sure takes time, if I knew it I would have started since level 1 x)

omlet

Is there a faster way to get cube fragments, with my luck I'll still be on that quest at level 25 :lol
I'm disassembling stuff and try to do repeatable but it sure takes time, if I knew it I would have started since level 1 x)

Think there was a bug with equipment drops yesterday (as in no one getting any, resulting in very few cubes at all in general). It may still take you a while to get the cubes but should be easier with a more steady flow of junk to cube. Can trade too in case you get more of one color than you need.

Kouriozan

Think there was a bug with equipment drops yesterday (as in no one getting any, resulting in very few cubes at all in general). It may still take you a while to get the cubes but should be easier with a more steady flow of junk to cube. Can trade too in case you get more of one color than you need.

Gotcha, will finish that quest tonight anyway.

liftedly

DFO newbie here, downloading the client now. Can't get it to go any faster than 37 KB/sec even though I have a decent connection... it's gonna take a while!

Seems like they went crazy with eh drops. I've been getting gold goblins in almost every dungeon plus purples droppin everywhere.

x8h2jfv.jpg

Kuntz

my euro ass can finally kick some

woohoo

also fuck azerty im so used to it that writing in qwerty is a chore

Top Bottom