• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

I'm getting instant disconnects when trying to join a channel in the East server, and the game just hangs when I try to join a channel in the West server.

Great. =|

Primus

I'm getting instant disconnects when trying to join a channel in the East server, and the game just hangs when I try to join a channel in the West server.

Great. =|

The instant disconnects on US-East seem to be a function of load, all the channels are pretty much stuffed, more than the yellow indicators would suggest. I just bounce around trying different channels until I luck into a slot.

Well, the servers should be up. If you have an account then right now it should just be a matter of getting in and not getting disconnected.
Okay, thanks!

If it's so stuffed though then I think I'll wait until late at night to play it. Hopefully it'll be slightly better then. Just remembered I need to go read something for class anyways.

Ended up joining the west server. Made a F. Fighter named EtherStrike. I had trouble getting into a channel until I selected a trade channel. That seems to not be as full.

[Mage Guide]

Thanks, this is exactly what i'm looking for.
So the way i'm interpreting this is that every class is viable in a way which is nice to hear.

What does an endgame party setup look like?
I can imagine that one slot is used for a Crusader but what about the other slots? Is any class fine as long as you have good gear and are a good player or are there some classes that will never be accepted in an endgame party?

The instant disconnects on US-East seem to be a function of load, all the channels are pretty much stuffed, more than the yellow indicators would suggest. I just bounce around trying different channels until I luck into a slot.

Yeah, I found that out. Managed to find a not-full channel and even made a new character. All these quests, goddamn!

omlet

So all my alpha characters got stuck on East, but I managed to make a character on West a few minutes ago. Now the ame starts up but now neither server can be selected from the server select screen. No channels load when the game starts. yeeehaw beta!

Thanks, this is exactly what i'm looking for.
So the way i'm interpreting this is that every class is viable in a way which is nice to hear.

What does an endgame party setup look like?
I can imagine that one slot is used for a Crusader but what about the other slots? Is any class fine as long as you have good gear and are a good player or are there some classes that will never be accepted in an endgame party?

Every class nowadays is good enough to play since the way balance works, generally, in this game is to buff instead of nerf. Everyone gets a turn. While some classes are more desired over others for dungeons, you aren't locked out of a place, it'll just take a bit more effort on the player's part to deal with the shortcomings of their class for that dungeon. Plus with free skill resets, you can customize your build to fit the dungeon, like making a magic battle mage instead of physical to stay at a safe range instead of melee.

Ah 'sader, they are always highly desired but not required, they can easily cutting a run's time in half. After that, you want any classes with a strong ability to hold or move monsters around. After that, whatever is currently the best at jamming the damage in. You can always sub a f.nen master instead of a 'sader if you can't get one.

I found f.brawlers were pretty good overall as they have a ton of tools and enough damage to deal with most things for many places. I think the classes that has the toughest time in end game places are Battle mages a bit and mostly summoner. Summoner are great in non-otherverse dungeons since they're straight forward but start to run into a few problems in ancient dungeons, nothing a bit of planning can't fix. Otherverse is a totally new can of worms that required extra skills, that didn't exist at the time otherverse came out, for Summoners to even be able to function at an extremely basic level there. Monks have a tough life as well some times but they got some grouping abilities along with grabs and other skills to move around monsters as needed while still providing decent damage.

So all my alpha characters got stuck on East, but I managed to make a character on West a few minutes ago. Now the ame starts up but now neither server can be selected from the server select screen. No channels load when the game starts. yeeehaw beta!

Yeah, swapped channels, got screwed out of playing till they fix the servers again.

Ultratech

Sweet, may have to get on later.

Ah 'sader, they are always highly desired but not required, they can easily cutting a run's time in half. After that, you want any classes with a strong ability to hold or move monsters around. After that, whatever is currently the best at jamming the damage in. You can always sub a f.nen master instead of a 'sader if you can't get one.

I found f.brawlers were pretty good overall as they have a ton of tools and enough damage to deal with most things for many places. I think the classes that has the toughest time in end game places are Battle mages a bit and mostly summoner. Summoner are great in non-otherverse dungeons since they're straight forward but start to run into a few problems in ancient dungeons, nothing a bit of planning can't fix. Otherverse is a totally new can of worms that required extra skills, that didn't exist at the time otherverse came out, for Summoners to even be able to function at an extremely basic level there. Monks have a tough life as well some times but they got some grouping abilities along with grabs and other skills to move around monsters as needed while still providing decent damage.

Yeah, I remember Saders and Grapplers being pretty handy.
Had a old Support Sader back in the day that was pretty good to play.
Also a M.Grappler where it was just running into enemies and flipping the hell outta them. :D

I also remember running old OV with a Summoner...some rooms weren't fun, and of course, if you didn't know how to manage your summons, it quickly became a wipe.

well unlocked soul bender and did the forest dungeon once but said I couldnt go back cause I only had 5 fp instead of 8. Pretty good so far!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Does anyone know exactly which city/state the West coast servers are located in?

Astarte

Uh, I can only play dungeons on easy?

You'll unlock more

Saders are actually so well desired and doted on that they're called a literal God tier in DnF. In pre-nerf anton they outnumbered everyone by ridiculous (by comparison because Anton is such a ridiculous endgame) numbers. Everyone should have a pocket crusader.

Primus

Hot damn, got my F. Grappler unlocked and Grab/Fling/Uppercut/Suplex comboing like it hasn't been years. Man have I missed this game.

Prolly going to work a M. Slayer towards Asura as my secondary.

WarRock

West server is offline:
Greetings Fighters!

Currently, the NA-East Cain server is online.

However, we are informing bad news to users who play in NA-West Delezie server.

We updated patches to solve problem regarding NA-West Delegie Server being unstable, however, due to technical difficulty, we are enabling NA-East Cain only.

Therefore, we decided to extend maintenance for only NA-West Delezie server.

Estimated time for completion is more than a day. We will notice you as soon as possible when it is ready to open.

Again, please understand the maintenance in NA-West only. NA-East is currently online.

It might be not convenient to play but in the meantime, please use NA-East Cain server until NA-West Delezie server is fixed.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Dungeon Fighter Online Support Team
--------

all pre class advance quests yes

You'll unlock more

Saders are actually so well desired and doted on that they're called a literal God tier in DnF. In pre-nerf anton they outnumbered everyone by ridiculous (by comparison because Anton is such a ridiculous endgame) numbers. Everyone should have a pocket crusader.
Yeah, discovered that with my second char =)

People were saying you could only make two a day, but I made three yesterday.

omlet

By the way, it took a while to confirm because it wasn't until later in the afternoon that I could finally connect to West briefly, but characters ARE server-specific (but, oddly enough, it seems like once a name is taken, it's taken for both servers), and from people I've talked to, Alpha test characters are all (or mostly?) on East.

Has anyone got an alpha character on West? When I logged in yesterday I tried to connect to West and couldn't so I tried East and my alpha characters were all there and I wasn't asked what server I wanted them on, so I'm not sure if they just put them all on East or if they showed up there because it was the first server I connected to.
People were saying you could only make two a day, but I made three yesterday.
I think it's two per server. Yesterday I made 1 on west and 2 on east and then the button disabled on east and I couldn't make another. This morning it was enabled again.

omlet

West server is back up, mostly(?)

http://dfo-notice.blogspot.kr/2015/03/finally-delezie-is-opened.html
Finally Delezie is Opened!!!
Greetings, long waited NA-West players!

Before we announce anything, we want to say thank you so much for waiting.
Improved NA-West Server is open now, however not in perfect status.
To solve Alpha tester’s character creation issue, Alpha tester’s account will have to be restricted from creating any new characters in NA-West Server, until auxiliary maintenance for patch scheduled on 8:00AM (UTC) / 1:00AM (PDT) March 26th. Which means, Alpha Testers will be able to create new character after maintenance without any problem.

To repay your long-waited time, we are giving 50% bonus to FP and doubling the EXP from dungeon clears to all players in NA-West Delezie Server until March 27th 9:00AM (UTC).
So with the other word, players in Delezie will have 234 maximum FP with double EXP boost.

Make sure to re-join the channel if you are not enabled with those bonuses.

Additionally, we are banning gold seller accounts. We will strongly respond to any kind of RMT being held in DFO.

We are truly sorry about inconvenience, and thank you for the cooperation with much patience.
We will do our best to have solution for any other inconveniences as soon as possible.

Thank you

Dungeon Fighter Online Support Team

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
That is good news^^

Where do you suppose the west coast server is located? Los Angeles? San Francisco? Silicon Valley?

How rare are the Life Tokens? Should I use them or hang on to them? I just reached the Forbidden Forest and its kicking my ass

Events here and there will give out life tokens, so as long as you aren't chugging them down like water, you should be fine. You'll want a big stash of life tokens for later dungeons. Unless it was changed, you are given 3 life tokens to use every day that the game should use first before your reserves.

Astarte

Went from 18 to 30 on two characters on one fp bar. This exp curve ridiculous, but the dungeons are unenjoyable and pretty ass in general :/
I now understand the complaints..I would rather take behemoth and vest over sharks.

Went from 18 to 30 on two characters on one fp bar. This exp curve ridiculous, but the dungeons are unenjoyable and pretty ass in general :/
I now understand the complaints..I would rather take behemoth and vest over sharks.
Haven't played yet but what happened to Behemoth?

omlet

http://dfo-notice.blogspot.kr/2015/03/scheduled-maintenance-mar-26-2015.html

Notes for this morning's maintenance
- Alpha Test character recovery available now in both (Cain & Delezie) servers for your convienience

ex) Even if you recovered your Gunner created from Alpha Test on Cain server yesterday, now you can still recover him on Delezie server after today's maintenance.

- Delezie server unstability issue fixed

- CEO’s Cheer expiry date extended till Apir 28, 2015 00:00(UTC), stack limit now removed

- Heartbeat Megaphone from the rewards of Facebook 30,000 Like event, now usable at Lv.15 or above

Gonna have to see if I really can recover my archmage on West. Server down atm so I'll see what happens later today when I have a chance.

Also, maybe the title should be changed to [Beta Test] instead of alpha now?

Also, maybe the title should be changed to [Beta Test] instead of alpha now?
The author of this thread is currently banned, making it a challenge to get the OP all updated.

So a new thread would likely be better and I think this OBT justifies a new thread anyways, considering that it seems there was a good reason it took a long fucking time to go from Alpha to OBT.

Permanently A

Why is no one using the Quick Party? All the XP boost and stuff sounds great but I've tried to match up for 5 minutes with no bites...

Primus

US-East desperately needs more Meltdown channels. Couldn't log in at all this morning on my main as all 3 channels were stuffed. Ended up starting to level my M. Slayer just to have some playtime.

omlet

Why is no one using the Quick Party? All the XP boost and stuff sounds great but I've tried to match up for 5 minutes with no bites...

I think over half the players don't know what it even does or just isn't in the habit of using it, heh.

Most people are AFK anyway.

Others like me are frequently playing with a premade party.

Astarte

Every time I did that the people I get don't understand the concept of saving 8 FP for special dungeons or are Brazilians with terrible ping.

Primus

I'm in too much of a hurry to Quick Party. The five minutes I'm waiting for a party is an entire dungeon clear.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a new thread for the OBT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017331

Also, the GAF guild is up if anyone wants to join. Get in on that incredible 1% EXP bonus, heh. We have a few people who are pretty experienced if anyone has questions when in game.

The guild name is NeoGAF. Message JasnahKholin or just apply in-game and let me know your in-game name via post or PM here. :3

Top Bottom