• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Astarte

Fatigue system is back but what about the blitz system?

Blitz will be removed, but the fatigue cap (as well as EXP gain, if going by DNF) will increase during weekends.

Also

uBCZ9Ln.png

I'd say we're getting the closed beta late March. Very late March.

Blitz was a dumb system anyway. The way stam worked before was fine and that was without all the stuff you can do now without stam, it's great.
Gives me a reason to level my summoner once witch is done for the day, I hate summoner so much...

Astarte

Blitz was a dumb system anyway. The way stam worked before was fine and that was without all the stuff you can do now without stam, it's great.
Gives me a reason to level my summoner once witch is done for the day, I hate summoner so much...

Just level chaos and steamroll things even more Orz

Shadow Dancer Trailer!
She looks fun, but apparently she's not very good :/

Astarte

I don't know how many people actually played M. Grappler, but Neople FINALLY fixed him,

Video here
Details here

M. Grap def looks way better (way way better. I mean the glitches even got fixed after years and years of not giving a shit), but still inferior to f grap.

Every day without dfo is murdering me.

Also

7TteiYv.png

Ahhhhhhhh

Astarte

Yep.

Knowing my luck it'll come out the day after my Spring Break ends. Get ready for the 16th guys!

My spring break is the first week of March. PLEASE BE SOON

Also, Beef I want to PVP you. I may not be able to fight you in any other fighting game (...aside from Touhou Soku...) without getting my ass crunched, but I want to put you through a BattleMage vortex

My spring break is the first week of March. PLEASE BE SOON

Also, Beef I want to PVP you. I may not be able to fight you in any other fighting game (...aside from Touhou Soku...) without getting my ass crunched, but I want to put you through a BattleMage vortex

Eventually we will PvP. I don't even have any max level characters though...

Astarte

Double post but...

http://dnf.neople.com/

YEAH THE SITE'S BACK UP BAYBEEEEE
again! -jazzhands-
It's really weird because it had a weird sporadic period of being down, then a short time after a fake ass looking "official forum" showed up the site went back up. I feel it!

it's going back up and going down repeatedly, maybe something's going on?

10978550_649257238535058_8348797635421957069_n.jpg

Oh god DAMMIT

And with a grand slam of a triple post,

fb_img_1425263869690-jpg.151

It's pretty much confirmed that the beta will be happened LATE March.

Late march is worst march. FF Type 0, Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, I won't have any time. Oh well, guess I'll just pick it up later on.

Astarte

Damn facebook is angry and thirsty AF. All these people need to chill the fuck out, it's not like half of them will make it past 40.
Just occupy your thirst with something else. I'm just grinding on that Monster Hunter right now so I'm happy.

Astarte

New details:

- The closed beta will only be a couple of weeks long, probably around the alpha's length of one month.
- The community forum will either be dfonexus and/or reddit's DFO board
- The old dnf.neople.com will not be used. A new website will pop up.
- More news to come from Danjun's dinner with the CEO

Astarte

Later this week. Maybe the dinner will have a video where the CEO opens up a platter and it says "available now"
It's sad to hear that the closed beta is really short, but I hope they make the open beta waiting period a lot shorter!

Astarte

BREAKING NEWS:

Jokes on us, the CBT is only 1 or 2 weeks long.

Possible good news: There will be a smooth transition from CBT to OBT in one fell swoop
Possible bad news: We're fucked after the week long trip and a thirsty wait continues

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I'm confused. Does that mean when the CBT is done, we will have to wait some more, and then they'll be an open beta? If so, how long is the open beta supposed to be more or less? And when can we expect the actual DFO Global to be officially released and permanently open?

Astarte

God damn you

GOD DAMN YOU

I-I'm sorry beef

I'm confused. Does that mean when the CBT is done, we will have to wait some more, and then they'll be an open beta? If so, how long is the open beta supposed to be more or less? And when can we expect the actual DFO Global to be officially released and permanently open?

We don't know because their FB posts are vague as fuck. The hopeful outcome is CBT being over, there being a maintenance period, and OBT starting right back up again with no hiccups.
Asking anyone that isn't related to neople about the open beta and/or actual DFO Global release is an exercise in futility. Don't. Just don't.

This is a general message but please don't go to facebook and ask neople questions that have already been answered. Go to dfonexus or /r/dfo.

Breaking breaking news:

2a723295a4c9fe8087a33a1c194e5ade.png

Yeahhhhh time for a week of closed beta soon(tm)

WarRock

"They shot themselves in the foot" etc if they make people wait even more after a week of beta. All this promotion and hype...

Astarte

"They shot themselves in the foot" etc if they make people wait even more after a week of beta. All this promotion and hype...

Well there hasn't been much promotion at all for this rerelease, it's all been word of mouth so far. I mean, remember when everyone thought the alpha was a big scam and/or private server?
After neople said that alpha's population was on the low side, I'm beginning to think that their expectations are a little too high for an advert-less game with a niche audience in the west.

But yeah I want this game to come out soon and I will power level so many characters to 70 within reasonable FP limits. I hope that they increase exp gain so that we get to experience 80 cap.

Also the video means that we probably won't be getting f slayer in closed beta (which is weird because f slayer came out with creator and drknesskilr420)...which puts us at the beginning of season 3. This is 2-3 years behind DnF and it's...pretty unreasonable.

WarRock

Well there hasn't been much promotion at all for this rerelease, it's all been word of mouth so far. I mean, remember when everyone thought the alpha was a big scam and/or private server?
After neople said that alpha's population was on the low side, I'm beginning to think that their expectations are a little too high for an advert-less game with a niche audience in the west.

But yeah I want this game to come out soon and I will power level so many characters to 70 within reasonable FP limits. I hope that they increase exp gain so that we get to experience 80 cap.

Also the video means that we probably won't be getting f slayer in closed beta (which is weird because f slayer came out with creator and drknesskilr420)...which puts us at the beginning of season 3. This is 2-3 years behind DnF and it's...pretty unreasonable.
They did? I thought the opposite was said at some point, but I'm hardly following it as close as most people on facebook/reddit/wherever.

Astarte

They did? I thought the opposite was said at some point, but I'm hardly following it as close as most people on facebook/reddit/wherever.

Yeah. It's a bit more than what was expected, but much less than what they would have liked to have. I'd find it for you but I don't want to explore DFONexus again

Astarte

Ah, nevermind found one of the comments on that matter

It wasn't favorable, period. The CEO is putting unrealistic expectations on an unadvertised game :v

But heyyy now that it's Monday we can get even MORE news that the CB will be "soon"

The facebook post kinda sounds like they really don't want to do this thing but they're gonna try to see if they can it get working with minimal effort or something. Like I don't know, comes off as really reluctant to actually get it done. Hope they're not just going to end the beta then be like "eh, not enough people and too many bots, sorry DFO is dead for good now" or whatever.

Astarte

Welp, if the release really IS D-Day then that means we're at the 80 cap with no f slayer in sight. Yikes.
A bit later than what I expected, but hypehypehype!

The facebook post kinda sounds like they really don't want to do this thing but they're gonna try to see if they can it get working with minimal effort or something. Like I don't know, comes off as really reluctant to actually get it done. Hope they're not just going to end the beta then be like "eh, not enough people and too many bots, sorry DFO is dead for good now" or whatever.
You don't spend 10 months making a new client and then cancel it after the beta. For now I wouldn't worry too much.

Astarte

Okay so with 13 days left, I think I can appreciate what being this far back can do for us.

1. Male Mechanics don't completely overshadow Female Mechanics yet
2. uh
3. We can still get those pretty old avatar sets that look pretty neat

Marvelous

It's time to become #1 Crusader! I'm ready to farm for Cross of Boiled Blood/U-yo again ._.

Good luck becoming #1 if Musicool, Super Jevitto and D1mSuM decide to come back and play Saders again. :p

I'm glad we finally got a date for the closed beta release.

Astarte

Good luck becoming #1 if Musicool, Super Jevitto and D1mSuM decide to come back and play Saders again. :p

I'm glad we finally got a date for the closed beta release.

Don't worry I'll beat all of them! Musicool was a fun guy to party with, that dude wrecked everything.

KcUSQJQ.png

More details!
Glad they're taking steps to try and reduce goldselling, but having multiple servers worries me. Will they be separated by region or will they just have different names? Separating an already niche group sounds like a recipe for disaster.

omlet

Huh, multiple servers sounds like... a bad idea? Maybe it's just for the test?

Edit: Friend pointed out this is technically a "global" thing so they could be regional servers like Astarte mentioned which would make more sense.

Regional servers would make sense.

If it's like "Server 1" "Server 2" and "Server 3" (but with distinct names of course) then fuck that

Astarte

Season 4 release but no F Slayer? I mean F Slayers came out in Season 3 but maybe they're holding them back for cash shop to return so we can get bombarded with avatars.

Also, the gold trading thing is interesting...how would trading between friends work? We can't just normally trade/send gold anymore, and putting up basic items for unusual prices would trigger a red flag.
Though to be fair you can just buy whatever item that friends need and just trade it to them.
Actually now that I think about it I pretty much have no qualms with the erasure of gold trading.

Top Bottom