• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

aku:jiki

Both Randomizer and zulux used the same code that I tried the second Noogy posted it? WTF/LOL

Guess I'll just wait until I have moneys too. :(

Odrion

Banned
Hmm. Just logged in to my 360 account. 960 MS points. I miss the days of 800 points games...
It's way worth it. Dust is much more of a full fledged title than stuff that went for $10 back in the day.

edit: Also, at least you don't have, like, 790 points.

zulux21

Both Randomizer and zulux used the same code that I tried the second Noogy posted it? WTF/LOL

Guess I'll just wait until I have moneys too. :(
try your luck following Chris

it seems like he is about to give away 3 more codes at random this time.
For those that have it already what difficulty are you guys playing on?

I don't have it installed yet (it won't let me as it doesn't seem like it's actually up in the NA store quite yet) but if I recall right it was mentioned you can change difficulty mid game, so I might actually start on the hardest and then turn it down if I need to.

Noogy

For those that have it already what difficulty are you guys playing on?

I would personally recommend tough (3rd difficulty). Reason being is that it forces an emphasis on gear and healing, and a bit of grinding. If you are critical pathing it, normal is fine.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I woke up an hour early before work this morning just to give this game a shot. Downloading the trial now!

Odrion

Banned
Holy SHIT logging on to my live ID is the most infuriating thing ever. They've successfully made it impossible for me to buy the damn thing on the website.

And you can't buy it on the console marketplace yet.

RAAAAAH

Yuripaw

Banned
This game is awesome so far. Plays real responsive and fun, and it's so amazing to look at. I like the voice acting too. I really hope it sells a shitload.

Downloading, Bros!

I am rather disgusted in microsoft, not a single advert or notice about dust being released today on the UK xbox live at all, for shame microsoft, advertise games ffs not black ops multiplayer videos.

Odrion

Banned
"It appears you've found a glitch in the system."
xdgQu.gif

Daigoro

Yeah I will do. I might even put codes in posts and not tell people

thanks.

i aint getting shit anyways trying to punch these codes in on my phone while im at work.

not only is it WAY too slow, but for some reason i have a bug that reverses the first and second letter of every block of code. dunno whats up with that.

im certainly done trying though. good luck to the rest of you code hunters!

It's Dust Day! Yay!

Ten hour work day! Boo! At least coming home will be fun. If anyone wants to give me a code, I'm more than happy to take it. :)

Well gotta pass out soon but got to play this a bit. This is a magnificent game. The art is great and I'm pleasantly surprised by the voice acting. I'm prone to exaggeration but this may be the best XBLA game I've purchased. Easily worth the 3 year wait from that first Youtube video I saw :)

Feindflug

Downloading, Bros!

I am rather disgusted in microsoft, not a single advert or notice about dust being released today on the UK xbox live at all, for shame microsoft, advertise games ffs not black ops multiplayer videos.

Chill out dude, Hybrid is still being shown in the home tab...I'm sure that Dust will get it's share of ads later today.

Just finished downloading the game. :)

What a shitty night. I bought the game from the xbox website and when I try to download the game on my Xbox 360, I get an 80150101 error. Anyone experiencing the same problem or have a solution?

Fjordson

Bloody awesome so far. Looks beautiful and is super responsive. Love getting up in the air during combat.

Though with what Noogy said above, I'm wondering if I should restart on tough.

zulux21

Options
I am loving the fact that dust's how to play is actually detailed... about akin to a 10-15 page instruction manual which in this gen is a huge plus to me, as most games can't seemed to be bothered to give the equivalent of a 5 page anymore.

Also adjustable hud.... more games need such a thing @_@
(I don't think I need such tags but I always prefer to play it safe :p)

Now I need to decide.... stop playing with the options and start the game when I should go to bed and get yelled at by the wife.... or attempt to go to sleep before my wife wakes up in 30 min knowing that my game of e3 2011 and likely 360 GOTY is ready to be played.

aku:jiki

What a shitty night. I bought the game from the xbox website and when I try to download the game on my Xbox 360, I get an 80150101 error. Anyone experiencing the same problem or have a solution?
Remove it from your download queue and then try to grab it off the marketplace on the console (it'll be marked as purchased if you paid for it on the website)?

I got that error for a while. It eventually fixed itself, not 100% sure what I did.

Based on Noogy's advice, I'm gonna restart the game on Tough... later after I nap though!

zulux21

checking around it seems that it's recommended to sign out of anything related to your live account, and turn your 360 off, wait about 15 seconds then turn it back on.

Noogy

Bloody awesome so far. Looks beautiful and is super responsive. Love getting up in the air during combat.

Though with what Noogy said above, I'm wondering if I should restart on tough.

You can actually change difficulty on the fly, however there is an Achievement for 'starting and persisting' through the game on Tough or harder.

Normal does ramp up, but I personally like it harder. Always harder.

zulux21

but I personally like it harder. Always harder.

I feel like this would be a fitting time for saying "that's what she said" :p

speaking about difficulties, how did you go about creating them, as in what goals did you have in mind for each difficulty?

-PXG-

Getting error 80150101 when trying to get it straight from my console :/

Hopefully it will be fixed by the time I get home.

Noogy

I feel like this would be a fitting time for saying "that's what she said" :p

speaking about difficulties, how did you go about creating them, as in what goals did you have in mind for each difficulty?

The obvious differences are more aggressive and resiliant enemies, but there are a number of smaller changes. Enemies flinch less, save points heal less, etc. It's a ton of different things.

Casual (the easiest setting) is basically 'non-gamer' mode. You literally cannot die, autofire and autoleveling are locked. You never have to open the inventory in this mode.

Fjordson

You can actually change difficulty on the fly, however there is an Achievement for 'starting and persisting' through the game on Tough or harder.

Normal does ramp up, but I personally like it harder. Always harder.
Sounds good to me. Only at the first village, so I'll restart.

Intro spoilers
And may I say your opening was fantastic. The bit with Dust in shadow fighting the army "press X to wage war" and then waking up in the forest and claiming the sword. Loved that.

Ugh, error 8007065b. Buying this has somehow corrupted my profile. Awesome.

Edit: after retrying for some time, I managed to connect. This had nothing to do with profile corruption. Just MS fucking up.

Casual (the easiest setting) is basically 'non-gamer' mode. You literally cannot die, autofire and autoleveling are locked. You never have to open the inventory in this mode.

Oh I get it, you're trying to imply that non-gamers aren't as good at games? That's so sexist or something. I'm contacting Kotaku right this minute!

No, wait

I like playing on Normal and then coming back to a harder difficulty later. Gives it more replay value. If you start on Tough, you'll never have fun playing Normal.

I hope to play Dust more than once. :)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hmm I have gotten a couple crashes back to the dashboard. Well not exactly back to the dashboard but sometimes when I change to a new tile on the grid I get booted to the "My Games" screen. Kinda weird it is not the dashboard. Has happened twice within my 40 minutes of playing.

Retne

Just watched the giant bomb quick look of this and I have to say I'm jealous of you 360 owners. I actually opened up steam in the middle of the video and tried to find the game to buy it.

The game looks fun as hell. Hopefully it isn't a pipe dream to wish for a PC version.

zulux21

The obvious differences are more aggressive and resiliant enemies, but there are a number of smaller changes. Enemies flinch less, save points heal less, etc. It's a ton of different things.

ah that's actually cool to hear. I have a friend who would likely adore the art to the game and wouldn't mind mashing buttons to kill stuff but likely would die a lot normally. To be able to tell her that there is indeed a setting she could handle should help me convince her husband to get the game lol.

Also I hope you don't mind me asking a bunch of questions over the next few days... I am the curious type and how often is it you get to ask questions to the person who made the game you are playing that you have been watching for a long time (I suppose only 14 months... but it sure felt like a long time). I'll save my more in depth questions until I actually get into the meat of the game as while I have a few more questions I could ask now (how long did it take to write the story, how many revisions did you do... stuff like that) I don't feel like I will be able to grasp how much effort you actually put in until I experience the story. Also I have a feeling you have likely answered these somewhere and I could read/listen about them somewhere else but haven't because I am on a Dust media blackout lol.

Top Bottom