• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Nothing hidden this time. Bolsh! Flimshaw!

Haha, I like that every time I post something now people will quote it just in case. I won't hide any more codes without saying so.

Well, maybe once more.

Hmm I have gotten a couple crashes back to the dashboard. Well not exactly back to the dashboard but sometimes when I change to a new tile on the grid I get booted to the "My Games" screen. Kinda weird it is not the dashboard. Has happened twice within my 40 minutes of playing.

I've played it a lot and haven't had that happen once, that's pretty weird =/

Danielsan

Haha, I like that every time I post something now people will quote it just in case. I won't hide any more codes without saying so.

Well, maybe once more.

Got a code. Thank you so much!
Time to hook up an ethernet cable to my 360 and download the game. :D

Well, maybe once more.[/EMAIL]

I managed to snag 6GFJK-JVCV6-KKHRH-DT32H-TTH7Z, MANY THANKS! That's my evening sorted!

Noogy

ah that's actually cool to hear. I have a friend who would likely adore the art to the game and wouldn't mind mashing buttons to kill stuff but likely would die a lot normally. To be able to tell her that there is indeed a setting she could handle should help me convince her husband to get the game lol.

That's exactly what casual mode is for. My young children play on that and can have a blast without frustration. Some of the platforming bits might need a bit of intervention, but I specially created Casual to be as forgiving and simple as possible with this style of game.

I'm downloading now. Unfortunately, my job keeps me for 12 hours, so I won't get to play until late this afternoon. If I were smart, I'd fake being sick. I'm not that smart.

Card Boy

Banned
It's 4 am here and I'm hopelessly attempting to get a code lol. Granted I probably wouldn't even be up if I wasn't playing Sleeping Dogs earlier.

It might be impossible on my end. There is an Error on the Xbox website, can't redeem jack and by the time i manually enter it on the Xbox it's too late.

Just played it for a bit. The game put the biggest smile on my face. I rarely feel so satisfied when playing something new these days. Masterful work, Noogy!

Slygmous

It might be impossible on my end. There is an Error on the Xbox website, can't redeem jack and by the time i manually enter it on the Xbox it's too late.

Australia? I changed the address to "en-US" instead of "en-AU" and it let me back in to the redeem code page.

Natiko

Banned
It seemed like the giveaways were done for now so I went and did the dishes only to come back and see that I missed another one. I think it's a sign that I'm meant to wait a couple weeks before playing this.

keit4

Banned
It seemed like the giveaways were done for now so I went and did the dishes only to come back and see that I missed another one. I think it's a sign that I'm meant to wait a couple weeks before playing this.

LOL

The same happened to me :(

I am playing on Tough and this game is AMAZING, best game in the last 12 months for sure to me.

Noogy I feel like I should buy you a beer or something.

Wonko_C

Curse my luck! I woke up early just to buy this game and I can't login on my Xbox 360 and xbox.com is the only site that doesn't open. Did live decide to go down just now?

Ban Puncher

I'm downloading the game now but if I try to download anything else from the marketplace I get errors.

Must be getting hammered. Dust broke Live.

I like how the game has taken elements from Ninja Gaiden/Bayo/DMC. The inputs are responsive and the combo system is deep. Love it!

Also Fidget is adowable :3

TEJ

Played through a little bit. I'm playing on tough difficulty.

The good

-The semi aggressive enemies will kill you in a few hits, and there are plenty of onscreen enemies.

-the music is fairly good so far

-the controls are tight and responsive

-there's a decent number of combos and moves

-The spritework is the best i've seen in a videogame to date. Backgrounds are incredibly detailed, and are animated as well. Everything about the animations are just so fluid, it feels like i'm playing a disney animated feature. This game also runs at 60 frames of animation per second, and features very little frame drops {unlike a certain odin sphere}.

-customizable stats. i dig this kind of thing.

The bad

-voice acting is.......okay? it's not terrible, it's just not that good.

-So far it's not the metroidvania experience I was hoping for. Far from being a completely linear affair, but not what I hoped for.

The ugly

-nothing so far

Danielsan

Played it for about 40 minute on tough. Just reached the village. Got my ass kicked by instant kills from the big dudes. They seem pretty easy to parry, but I'm taking a little break.

Game seems pretty awesome so far. I don't care for the character art, and aside from the sword the voice acting isn't great either. But overall it seems like a mighty fine game.

So is it structured more like Muramasa, then? Regardless, I'll be picking this up when I get home tonight.
It reminds me a lot of Muramasa.

-voice acting is.......okay? it's not terrible, it's just not that good.

For me, the thing about the voice acting was more the direction. In most games lines are delivered in a really bland way and you'll often have things in completely the wrong tone for the moment. In this, it feels like everyone knows the game and what the mood is meant to be like at that moment and they deliver their lines accordingly. Even if you don't like the specific voices, the lines are read really well and fit better than a whole lot of other games.

Anybody still waiting for one of Noogy's codes? Quote me!

I've started the game again on tough having been on normal previously. So many one hit kills, but I'm getting there! Certainly makes you think about the combat a lot more because mistakes are really punished.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Never heard of this game, just watched the GiantBomb Quick Look.

Bought.

I would buy it but I don't think I could be any more put off by the character designs. Literally green cubes would be less off putting. Will probably buy when on sale and then skip all the cut scenes/dialogue if you can.

zulux21

For me, the thing about the voice acting was more the direction. In most games lines are delivered in a really bland way and you'll often have things in completely the wrong tone for the moment. In this, it feels like everyone knows the game and what the mood is meant to be like at that moment and they deliver their lines accordingly. Even if you don't like the specific voices, the lines are read really well and fit better than a whole lot of other games.

I've started the game again on tough having been on normal previously. So many one hit kills, but I'm getting there! Certainly makes you think about the combat a lot more because mistakes are really punished.

personally I don't mind the voice acting, it seems fairly well done so far... granted i just have the trailer and the first 10 min of game to go off of lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Bro, I was JUST leaving to go to the gym - picked up the second code, you are the man! :)

Noogy, can't wait to try your masterpiece when I get back, with elements of games that I love, I can't see myself not loving this!

keit4

Banned

Picked up the third code, thanks toythatkills and Noogy!

TEJ

So is it structured more like Muramasa, then? Regardless, I'll be picking this up when I get home tonight.

I haven't played played it, but from what i've heard Muramasa is almost a completely linear game with very little to the level designs. It wouldn't surprise me considering how god fucking awful the level designs in odin sphere were.

If so, this is thankfully not muramasa.

Picked up code no.1. Cheers for that man!

Noogy

You know, Toy, the way the Leaderboards work, I think you are always going to be in the top spot (in Completion). Everyone else, don't look at his score if you don't want to be semi-spoiled, but I think he pretty much ensured himself as best in the world.

TEJ

I just don't care for fidgets voice. In the new trailer, she seemed to be kind of subdued. In the game she is squeaky and kind of obnoxious.

I liked the trailer voice more :(

Noogy

I just don't care for fidgets voice. In the new trailer, she seemed to be kind of subdued. In the game she is squeaky and kind of obnoxious.

I liked the trailer voice more :(

The trailer line is directly from the game. Keep at it.

I haven't played played it, but from what i've heard Muramasa is almost a completely linear game with very little to the level designs. It wouldn't surprise me considering how god fucking awful the level designs in odin sphere were.

If so, this is thankfully not muramasa.
So is there a lot of platforming like with a Metroidvania game or is it just non-linear in terms of how you can work your way through the areas? Muramasa had some branching paths but most areas in the game were completely flat and there was very little platforming which was something I didn't like about the game.

Drag man. PM'ed
You're the man, haha.

zulux21

Damn it, GAF! I was fired yesterday and need a pick-me-up, stop hogging all the codes! :(

to be fair those ones lasted a whole 6 min.... when they were being handed out earlier they didn't last more than 5 seconds.
sucks to hear about your job though.

as for fidgets voice... personally i think she sounds like I would expect someone with her character design to sound

You hit the nail right on the head! I just reached the first town, and I actually feel the voices have been quite good so far. The line delivery is what is the real surprise. I completely agree that all of the characters and side characters just understand the mood which makes them fit well.

If anything, I think I like Fidget the most right now. Her line delivery has been the best so far in my opinion, and her character is surprisingly fun.

Top Bottom