• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Just checking in to say that this game is indeed awesome. Pure fun thanks to the really responsive controls. Also, the music is just......I rarely ever say this.....but it’s quite beautiful.

The only negative I have is I’m not a fan of the character art, but other than that this is scratching my Muramasa itch. Thanks Noogy! You must feel incredibly proud right about now.

Nice RE4 reference at the merchant noogy.

He'll buy it at a high price.

Lol'd

Haha, glad I’m not the only one who caught that.

As much as I get bummed everytime I miss the codes, I also don't mind much as this is the first time in a long time I reeeaaaallly want to give someone my hard earned money

You know, Toy, the way the Leaderboards work, I think you are always going to be in the top spot (in Completion). Everyone else, don't look at his score if you don't want to be semi-spoiled, but I think he pretty much ensured himself as best in the world.

Haha, well, I'm sure I'll be bottom of all the skill-based ones soon to make up for my top spot in completion. My challenge room scores are starting to get destroyed and I was pretty pleased with them!

I'm sorry for shitting up the thread with the art discussion earlier. This game is fucking amazing and that's what we should be talking about.

Started on tough based on your recommendation and I'm having so much fun. The combat is soo satisfying.

BigAT

I can't wait to get home and buy this. I think the art and fluidity of the animation sold me on it even before reading about the gameplay.

To me, anything below tough seems a little too straight forward, anyone about to start please play on tough it makes the game so much better.

I bet some of the sour reviews out there were on casual.

Also my luck in this game has been good, the first time I went to a new area I found a what I think is a rare blueprint, made it asap with some items I had to hunt and now my attack power is always one step ahead of the mobs, heh. Just need some good armours now.

As for metroidvania stuff there is a lot of areas I need to go back too later on, at least 10 spots in the last hour I was unable to reach.

Xater

Ok so far this game is awesome. I started on tough as Noogy suggested. The only nitpicky problem I have with it right now is the compression artifacts on the big character portraits. It looks pretty bad on my TV. The game is not that big so I don't know why it had to be compressed in such a way.

I've missed 4 drops for codes. This wait for Friday is going to be brutal with my odd decision not to play the demo, read reviews or watch any media for the game at all.

Well it's either I show up at the right time or get off work Friday and be lost to the world.

RS4-

I've missed 4 drops for codes. This wait for Friday is going to be brutal with my odd decision not to play the demo, read reviews or watch any media for the game at all.

Well it's either I show up at the right time or get off work Friday and be lost to the world.

Yeah, I know the feeling :(

Zeth

Super excited to play tonight! This will probably be one of my favorite games all year.

No NG+ right? Sorry just wanted to confirm.

Danielsan

Ok so far this game is awesome. I started on tough as Noogy suggested. The only nitpicky problem I have with it right now is the compression artifacts on the big character portraits. It looks pretty bad on my TV. The game is not that big so I don't know why it had to be compressed in such a way.
Ahh so it isn't just my TV or 360. I immediately noticed it too. Also when wearing headphones I could hear the looping part of the rain on the title screen.

Card Boy

Banned

Welp......

I wish the Xbox site didn't crash while codes where being given out.

:(

Guys, buy the game with earth money, noogy really earned it.

I sit only about 3 feet away from a 26 inch hdtv and see no artifacts, any chance your sharpness is up or something?

Also don't forget how much has to fit into ram at one time, there might be bigger storage space but no room in the ram.

Urgh, need to not look at this topic or else my work day is going to draaaaag.

This should be made easier by the fact that xbox.com is blocked so I have no chance at one of these codes. :) Oh well, come 8pm I will be comboing the shit out of some poor suckers. Cannot wait.

Lima

Buy the game without even playing the game like I did you fuckers.

Just started playing it.

130905249162-13029739l8zx9.jpg

There is no other game out that has a combat system this good. I just smile when I slash these enemies with insane hit combos.

Noggy is there a way to give you more of my money? I feel bad for only paying 1200 MS points for this game.

TEJ

There is no other game out that has a combat system this good. I just smile when I slash these enemies with insane hit combos.

If you you said 2D game I would have agreed. but, we live in a world where bayonetta and ninja gaiden black exist.

Still, this is my personal game of the year so far, and in the top 5 for this gen.

I'm buying this game solely because of the hard work and dedication one man took to accomplish this. I'm not sure when I will get around to playing it but consider this a +1 sale. Congrats Noogy and good luck with your future projects.

Xater

Guys, buy the game with earth money, noogy really earned it.

I sit only about 3 feet away from a 26 inch hdtv and see no artifacts, any chance your sharpness is up or something?

Also don't forget how much has to fit into ram at one time, there might be bigger storage space but no room in the ram.

Not at all. They artificating is especially visible in Fidgets eyes at the pink part. Kind of sad that it destroys the beautiful artwork. It's nothing game breaking but I don#t know it it was necessary. Maybe Noogy can say if it was a technical limitation or something.

Wasn't interested in this at all (the art style turned me off, initially) but just watched the Giant Bomb QL and I must say - this looks like something crafted with such care, and tremendous amount to detail. Watching in it motion is like watching... a glittering stream of water. Definite buy for me.

Noogy

Well, I'm off for the night (it's 8am here), thank you to everyone who's purchased the game.. honestly, from the bottom of my heart. Nothing makes me happier than knowing you enjoy it :)

I'll be back on later tonight with some more tokens, either here or on twitter (@NoogyTweet). Have fun!

Wonko_C

It would be if there was hit-pause. Normally I hate it when games don't have hit-pause because it doesn't feel like you're hitting anything. In Dust's case I can forgive it though, maybe it can be patched in later? ;)

It would be if there was hit-pause. Normally I hate it when games don't have hit-pause because it doesn't feel like you're hitting anything. In Dust's case I can forgive it though, maybe it can be patched in later? ;)

The heck is hit-pause? The game stopping for a bit on every single hit?

Satchel

Banned
For me, the thing about the voice acting was more the direction. In most games lines are delivered in a really bland way and you'll often have things in completely the wrong tone for the moment. In this, it feels like everyone knows the game and what the mood is meant to be like at that moment and they deliver their lines accordingly. Even if you don't like the specific voices, the lines are read really well and fit better than a whole lot of other games.

Anybody still waiting for one of Noogy's codes? Quote me!

I've started the game again on tough having been on normal previously. So many one hit kills, but I'm getting there! Certainly makes you think about the combat a lot more because mistakes are really punished.

I'd love a code if you still have one. I just played the trial and it's a stunning game.

I haven't played the game yet but I agree with this.

Wow. Guys, make sure you go back for the cages. The ones that need four keys and are shaking as you walk up to them.

I was good enough to get the first box like 15 minutes in, spoiler:
5% hp boost has saved my life a few times already and that is only from one box :D

are changes subtle or does equipped gear not change the character's appearance?

No appearance change but most items would be hidden anyway, like rings, necklaces and the sword items are classed as blade coatings or sharpening tools instead of actual new weapons.

aku:jiki

are changes subtle or does equipped gear not change the character's appearance?
It doesn't change appearance and with hand-drawn animation like this, it's not really reasonable to expect it. Noogy would have to redraw the entire sprite in hundreds of different ways to fit various equipment setups, then draw thousands of frames of animations for each variation.

Top Bottom