• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dustborn Spent $2500 For A Booth at TGS Just To Draw 4 Players in Japan

This could have been a cool game if they were using these cancel/bullying type mechanics to make fun of these kinda people.
Like a satire anti-woke game. But no . . .

That's $625 per person. Almost enough to just bribe those 4 with a PS5 Pro.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

thief183

I still think the devs are trolling us all, the took the money, made a game moking those type of person, and then keep on saying it is all genuine cause otherwise they are going to loose the money for their next game.

Pls be true.

9Y9HxcO.gif

EpbkqD7.png
How is 'trigger' not triggered by the actuall triggers?

With very minor resistance on the Dual Sense, pls.

nial

what the fuck is dustborn even, I literally never heard of this game before that one thread here about the opening cutscene

Last edited:

Hunter 99

what the fuck is dustborn even, I literally never heard of this game before that one thread here about the opening cutscene

Awkward Steve Harvey GIF

Dude it's been all over gaf for a while now.check out other threads so you can see what it's all about.been funny seeing everyone shit all over it

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It’s basically what you get if you let a bunch of leftist internet culture warriors create a power fantasy where they’re some antifa superheroes beating up American fascists and using their words as special powers. (Except for the white dude in your group who doesn’t have that ability, his super power is “listening” lmao)

3 reasons why it got any attention:
- it’s from the dude behind Dreamfall/The Longest Journey
- some meme-worthy culture war cringe that’s so ridiculous and heavy handed, it’s indistinguishable from parody (like one of your party members being a fat butch lesbian Muslim with vitiligo)
- it got made thanks to a huge amount of funding from the Norwegian ministry of culture

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It’s basically what you get if you let a bunch of leftist internet culture warriors create a power fantasy where they’re some antifa superheroes beating up American fascists and using their words as special powers. (Except for the white dude in your group who doesn’t have that ability, his super power is “listening” lmao)

- some meme-worthy culture war cringe that’s so ridiculous and heavy handed, it’s indistinguishable from parody (like one of your party members being a fat butch lesbian Muslim with vitiligo)
- it got made thanks to a huge amount of funding from the Norwegian ministry of culture
And got money from EU grant.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
TIL that (what looks like and endcap/20x20 island) at TGS runs $2500. I have to pay 4x that to go to Florida in December for a 10x10 squished between two other booths and not a single wall scroll in sight.

Maybe that is what our booth is missing...some tasteful wall scrolls in the middle of an international war expo :messenger_grinning_smiling:

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

nial

I had the impression of it just being indie devs being weird as always, the gov funding sounds so damn cringe.

FingerBang

- Make a game where you state you want to challenge stereotypes

- Make the protagonist an angry, stoic black woman

Uh huh
It's always like this though. Stereotypes are bad, but then they see stereotypes in everything.

Like the whole "orcs are black coded" in D&D. In a normal world seeing them as black would be the racist act, but nope, orcs are racist.

Top Bottom