• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dustin Furman of Last Stand Media(Colin Moriarty's company) and his wife tragically lost their newborn baby. A gofundme is setup to contribute.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

I know a lot of people here are fans of Dustin and Last Stand Media. It really is devastating news for him and his wife, and wanted to share this page if anyone wanted to contribute to him and his wife.

That's terrible to hear. I wish Dustin the best. That next episode of Sacred Symbols is gonna be rough. I'd love to contribute to the Gofundme but I'm broke right now after some silly mistakes.

Dudes gonna get one hell of a fucking payday for this tragedy
Unfortunately having children is very expensive in the states, and that doesn't just go away if the baby doesn't make it.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Just terrible news. My heart goes out to Dustin and his family.

I've been listening to Sacred Symbols every week for the past several months, and Dustin's excitement about the birth was palpable. He was already talking about what games he'd be playing with his kid as he got older, how he'd bring him onto the podcast, etc.. etc.. I can't imagine the pain of having that all taken away from you in an instant. Just so sad.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Fuck man, absolutely horrible, such a tragedy to happen to such a good guy and his wife Holly. They would talk about the birth constantly, all 3 of them (Collin, Chris, Dustin) sounded equally excited for the new baby boy. Just so fucking sad. I hope they find peace.

Shifty1897

My heart breaks for Dustin, as a father my greatest anxiety and fear is something happening to my kid. I can only imagine the despair and pain he and his wife must be going through right now.

I hope they find the peace they deserve.

Haint

Terrible loss and feel awful for them, but these guys are all paid incredibly well and are no doubt equipped with Platinum insurance plans, he doesn't need a Gofundme. There are billions of unknown people in FAR WORSE financial and insurance situations losing loved ones that none of you give a fuck about, hopefully he donates it all to the less fortunate. The single mother working at McDonalds raising a kid with cancer is who really needs your charity, not LSM stars.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Dudes gonna get one hell of a fucking payday for this tragedy
What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

Strider7

Ugh… That’s horrible… Hang in there Dustin and Holly. Love the LSM boys. I went ahead and donated.

Last edited:

Holographicman

Neo Member
Thats sad, and no need to be cold hearted, any human being looking forward to grow their family, just imagine if a loved one you now have in your life never existed att all. This, i would imagine was something deeply planned and invested in.

That said, does it fit here, up to the mods, oh and fuck crappt healthcare systems. Where I live, everything would be free, medical, counciling, leave from work... But shit, situation, sad to hear.

Last edited:

Chupanibre

Well, I understand that it's a tragedy for parents, but why they need financial help in this situation?
In the U.S. you're looking at about $19k just to have a baby. Medical care after a miscarriage goes over that depending on what all needs to take place. Insurance can cover a big portion of that, but you need to have decent coverage.

Not pocket change.

Let me tell you a little something about the US health care system...

Does LSM not pay for health insurance?

Usually out of pocket max is called at like $10k per year

I see the go fund me goal was about $5k, he’s got 6x that so hopefully his costs are covered

Terrible loss

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Does LSM not pay for health insurance?

Usually out of pocket max is called at like $10k per year

I see the go fund me goal was about $5k, he’s got 6x that so hopefully his costs are covered

Terrible loss
I obviously don't know about LSM specifically, but depending on where your business is based in the US and how many employees you have, you're not obligated to offer Health Insurance. Some businesses pay their staff extra to cover health insurance. It's then up to the employee to be disciplined enough to put that aside for actual health expenses.

As for the cost, $5k did seem kind of low. They're probably not thinking about this yet, but they're probably going to need therapy at some point and that gets expensive.

Top Bottom