• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DVD of the year comes out next week...the Dark Knight returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

B00023E894.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This fantastic 4-disc set packs 28 awesome adventures of the World's Greatest Detective taking down an array of criminal masterminds plus Exclusive Extras also worthy of investigation. Experience the thrills of vigilante justice as millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne and alter-ego Batman protect the streets of Gotham City from a host of villains. Intelligent, dramatic stories, unique characters and sharp dialog shaped this edgy TV series into an Emmy-winning powerhouse that brought the Caped Crusader out of the dark alleys of TV history and into the present for fans of all ages.

Episodes on this set (production # included):

Disc 1:
501 On Leather Wings (Commentary by ERIC RODOMSKI and BRUCE TIMM)
502 Christmas with the Joker
503 Nothing to Fear
504 The Last Laugh
505 Pretty Poison
506 The Underdwellers
507 P.O.V.

Disc 2:
508 Forgotten
509 Be a Clown
510 Two-Face Part 1
517 Two-Face Part 2
511 It's Never Too Late
512 I've Got Batman in My Basement
514 Heart of Ice (Commentary by PAUL DINI, ERIC RODOMSKI and BRUCE TIMM)

Disc 3:
513 Cat and Claw Part 1
516 Cat and Claw Part 2
515 See No Evil
518 Beware of Gray Ghost
519 Prophecy of Doom
520 Feat of Clay Part 1
521 Feat of Clay Part 2

Disc 4:
522 Joker's Favor
523 Vendetta
524 Fear of Victory
525 The Clock King
526 Appointment in Crime Alley
527 Mad As a Hatter
528 Dreams in Darkness

Features

Commentary on select episodes:
"On Leather Wings" Commentary with Bruce Timm & Eric Rodomski
"Heart of Ice" Commentary with Bruce Timm, Paul Dini & Eric Rodomski
"The Dark Knight's First Night" Featurette
"Batman: The Legacy Continues" Featurette

Tour of the Batcave

Trailers - "Other Super Hero Favorites": promos for Challenge of the Superfriends, Justice League: Star Crossed, Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman

The initial release of this package will include "Movie Money" certificates, good for saving up to $12 on theater tickets to the new Catwoman film starring Halle Berry

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i dont know much about the episodes titles.

Will the Ras Algul episodes (Least the first set) be on season 1?

DMczaf

Error Macro said:
Anyone got any street prices for this bad boy? I want cheap, people, cheap!

Well Amazon.com has it for $34.99

I haven't seen Wario64 post next week's DVD sales yet

Willco

Hollywood Square
Error Macro said:
Anyone got any street prices for this bad boy? I want cheap, people, cheap!

Amazon.com is selling it for $34.99. My guess is that Target and the like might sell it for $29.99 initially, $34.99 at the most.

$35 for 28 awesome episodes of the best Emmy award-winning superhero cartoon ever? Sold!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm going to buy this so fast it won't even be funny. I can't wait to own the whole series. I don't mind spending money at all when it's to specifically support great pieces of entertainment. In fact, I enjoy it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Already pre-ordered this :D,cant wait.

Shinobi

I won't be able to afford it this week, so I'll grab it next week along with the ridiculously good Justice League: Starcrossed DVD, which will offer both widescreen and fullscreen versions. As someone said before, I've got no problem paying money for quality entertainment, and these two are about as good as it gets.

siege

Banned
Damn, I didn't even know this was coming out. Will have to pick it up tomorrow.

The initial release of this package will include "Movie Money" certificates, good for saving up to $12 on theater tickets to the new Catwoman film starring Halle Berry. - I'm not even sure I'd go see that movie even for free. :(

Penguin

DrForester said:
i dont know much about the episodes titles.

Will the Ras Algul episodes (Least the first set) be on season 1?

Well, I think he's episode is in the first season, but the box set is the first season.

As good as the series was, it had one of the weirdest breakdowns in history.

The first season of the show is 65 episodes (the boxset covers like half of it).

The next 3 seasons had a combined 20 episodes. You can see the problem with releasing season sets of it.

But I will get this just to make sure they release the other ones. This was by far the best animated cartoon ever. And it's surprising that in some form or another the character has survived over a decade.

And I don't mean Batman, I mean the character of Batman on that show, because Batman has always been around, and there is that new show coming out soon.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Ninja Scooter said:
anyone know which retail place will carry this thing for the cheapest tommorrow?

The only insert I saw it advertised in was Best Buy for $34.99, but I'm holding out hope that Target will also carry it for the same price so I can get my 10% discount.

madara

DVD of year is right! This is the big one. One most asked and whined about for ages from fans. For the sake of the rest of tv box sets, especially animation, this better break some records. Personally I cant wait.

Shinobi

Heh, was reading the synoposis for the 28 episodes listed...there are some fantastic ones in there. POV, Appointment in Crime Alley, Two-Face, Vendetta, Joker's Favour, Beware the Gray Ghost, It's Never Too Late, The Forgotten...sheesh. What an incredible series.

Penguin

503 Nothing to Fear
507 P.O.V.

510 Two-Face Part 1
517 Two-Face Part 2
514 Heart of Ice (Commentary by PAUL DINI, ERIC RODOMSKI and BRUCE TIMM)

Disc 3:
513 Cat and Claw Part 1
516 Cat and Claw Part 2
518 Beware of Gray Ghost

522 Joker's Favor
523 Vendetta
524 Fear of Victory
525 The Clock King
526 Appointment in Crime Alley
527 Mad As a Hatter
528 Dreams in Darkness

These are the episodes in the set I like, I mean I watch the other ones, you really can't go wrong with any of the sets.

Shinobi said:
Heh, was reading the synoposis for the 28 episodes listed...there are some fantastic ones in there. POV, Appointment in Crime Alley, Two-Face, Vendetta, Joker's Favour, Beware the Gray Ghost, It's Never Too Late, The Forgotten...sheesh. What an incredible series.

Gray Ghost is a great episode. Is "The Forgotten" the one about the homeless guys that get kidnapped and tossed into a workers camp against their will? Sure, its ripped straight from a MacGuyver plotline, but that episode kicks ass too.

Penguin

Ninja Scooter said:
Gray Ghost is a great episode. Is "The Forgotten" the one about the homeless guys that get kidnapped and tossed into a workers camp against their will? Sure, its ripped straight from a MacGuyver plotline, but that episode kicks ass too.

Yeha that was the one.

I was a fan of a lot of episodes that dealt with Bruce as well. Such as Night of the Ninja or was it Day of the Samaurai...

But yeah and I liked the music in that episode and Alfred flying the Batplane was golden

Penguin

I know this show isn't as great, but I think it makes a nice companion piece, and I will personally pick it up soon.

B00023E88U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I never get why one season shows, put like "First Season" or "The Complete First Season" if there is only one, it's basically the entire series.

Dan

Penguin said:
I never get why one season shows, put like "First Season" or "The Complete First Season" if there is only one, it's basically the entire series.
I think the conclusion marketing guys make is that while "complete series" might make it sound like you're getting more, it might also alert people to the fact that it was canned pretty quickly, for one reason or another, and make them think the show was crap.

I've been waiting forever for the series to come out on DVD. It will sit nicely next to my Batman Mask Of Phantasm movie.

I have a question though.

This set doesn't contain all the series from the 90s, will there be another release with the rest of the episodes? Because from what i remember there were far more episodes than what we are getting here.

One of my favorite eps was : IF you are so smart why ain't you rich, man that was a kickass eps, good story too.

Edited

I just saw Vol 1 up there, sweet this is just the first of whats to come :)

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

Dan

Yes, more sets are planned so the whole series should be released eventually. No dates for those later sets, but they were confirmed earlier this year.

Shinobi

Penguin said:
Yeha that was the one.

I was a fan of a lot of episodes that dealt with Bruce as well. Such as Night of the Ninja or was it Day of the Samaurai...

But yeah and I liked the music in that episode and Alfred flying the Batplane was golden

I think the coolest Bruce Wayne episode is "Perchance to Dream", where his parents are still alive, he's engaged to Selina Kyle, and Batman is someone else. From what I heard Kevin Conroy was recording the voices for both Wayne and Batman in real time, and might've even voiced Thomas Wayne (Bruce's father) as well. But yeah, the ninja episodes completely ruled...they oughta have Kyodi or someone similiar as a villian in one of the new Batman movies.

And Batman Beyond was incredibly cool, far more then I ever thought possible. I was convinced it was going to suck for some reason until I saw it. And Return of the Joker is at least as good as Mask of the Phantasm, and possibly better.

BioFan

WOHOO!!!
thanks for reminding me

a question tho, is there any plan to release JLA season 1 and season 2 DVD sets?I really want to get those

Penguin

Shinobi said:
I think the coolest Bruce Wayne episode is "Perchance to Dream", where his parents are still alive, he's engaged to Selina Kyle, and Batman is someone else. From what I heard Kevin Conroy was recording the voices for both Wayne and Batman in real time, and might've even voiced Thomas Wayne (Bruce's father) as well. But yeah, the ninja episodes completely ruled...they oughta have Kyodi or someone similiar as a villian in one of the new Batman movies.

And Batman Beyond was incredibly cool, far more then I ever thought possible. I was convinced it was going to suck for some reason until I saw it. And Return of the Joker is at least as good as Mask of the Phantasm, and possibly better.
Yeah, Perchance to Dream is a kickass episode. I heard he voiced, Bruce and Thomas Wayne as well as real world and fantast world Batman (doknow the difference in voice) all at once.

Also, I also thought that Batman Beyond would of been a really bad show. I was so intent on disliking it because it was basically replacing Batman (which it did), but the series turned out far better than I thought. It was like merging the best of the Spiderman stories with the characteristics of the original Batman.

siege

Banned
I liked Batman Beyond alot more than I thought I would as well. It's not Batman: TAS, but it's certainly watchable.

Willco

Hollywood Square
This set is fantastic. Everyone buy it so they give even better treatment to the next couple of volumes!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i bought this set.

I feel dirty.

There is a moviepass to Catwoman inside, deep down i feel some some part of the money i paid for this set went towards that ticket....

Hero

How many seasons did they have total of this?

I just picked it up at work (BB) for 32.00 even.

Suckers! :p

Penguin

Hero said:

There are four seasons of this show... With 85 episodes in total

24 episodes of the next show, The New Adventures of Batman or Gotham Knights

In total 109

Willco

Hollywood Square
Hero said:

Well, it doesn't have all of season one like someone else said. The breakdown is apparently odd with the first season, technically, having 60+ episodes.

$35 for 28 episodes, Batman pilot, featurettes and a couple of commentaries is fuckin' awesome. I love the transfer of these things.

And I don't care if you have NEGATIVE DOLLARS in your bank account, MAF! This is worth blood!

I mean, I understand, cause I'm poor and I love ATHF, so I'll make it easy for you. Batman > Sea Lab. MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom