• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human will be removing the Ultimate Edition and Upgrade to Ultimate Edition from all platforms on September 30.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Pilgrims, we will be removing the Ultimate Edition and Upgrade to Ultimate Edition for Dying Light 2 Stay Human from all platforms on September 30. Please note: players who already own either the Ultimate Edition or Upgrade to Ultimate Edition will not be affected

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
"...but why?"
vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Antwix

Kinda strange to do this. I imagine they'll have a "new" ultimate edition releasing in future? Only thing I can think of is to create fomo with their new The Beast spinoff.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So what does that mean?

"...but why?"

Because The Beast is free for those who own the Ultimate Edition.

It's kinda like how Uncharted Lost Legacy was announced as a DLC before turning into a standalone game, but they honored the people who paid for the season pass and gave it to them for free.

The Beast is a standalone game, but was originally meant to be DLC 2 to be included with as part of buying the Ultimate Edition. They will honor that, but are removing the ability for people to buy that Ultimate Edition for cheap, now.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Probably because the upgrade is cheaper than the DLC and it's included in the Ultimate edition and upgrade.

Exactly.

The Ultimate Upgrade is $35.

And you can find keys for the Ultimate Edition for around $50 on sites like CDKeys while it normally retails for $89.99 (and even that is its sale price).

They're probably looking to sell The Beast standalone for $50 or thereabout, if I were to take a guess, and this cheaper path to the Ultimate Edition will cut into their projected revenues.

Last edited:

Aion002

Gold Member
Heads-up that Dying Light 2 Ultimate Edition is 30% off on psn and steam...

The game also has a 3 hour trial on ps plus.

Alebrije

Heads-up that Dying Light 2 Ultimate Edition is 30% off on psn and steam...

The game also has a 3 hour trial on ps plus.
SO if I have just the standar edition I have to get a new ultimate edition on psn? Or just upgrade a lower cost.? I liked tmThe Beast so maybe this way Will be more cheaper than just get the Beast alone.

adamsapple

SO if I have just the standar edition I have to get a new ultimate edition on psn? Or just upgrade a lower cost.? I liked tmThe Beast so maybe this way Will be more cheaper than just get the Beast alone.

If you already own the standard edition, there is an upgrade pack DLC that you can get to convert your standard to ultimate, and you'll get all the perks that come with it.

But they'll remove that from September 30th, so you should get it beforehand.

Haint

Exactly.

And you can find keys for the Ultimate Edition for around $50 on sites like CDKeys while it normally retails for $89.99 (and even that is its sale price).

They're probably looking to sell The Beast standalone for $50 or thereabout, if I were to take a guess, and this cheaper path to the Ultimate Edition will cut into their projected revenues.

Still makes no sense, base game is old as dirt and has little to no intrinsic value. Its reached the point of its life cycle where it should be a free Epic Weekly Game, Humble Choice, or PS+/Gamepass. A $50 Beast release should already include the base game as a value add to drum up more interest, which is where the Ultimate Edition already sits.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Exactly.

I might upgrade then before Sept 30th then since I have the game

Top Bottom