• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E.X. Troopers |OT|

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My copy is going to be shipping in a bit. So pumped. Distant, I think I have you on my PS3 friends list. Looking forward to playing with you.

We should definitely use this thread for getting together for multiplayer gaming.

My copy is going to be shipping in a bit. So pumped. Distant, I think I have you on my PS3 friends list. Looking forward to playing with you.

We should definitely use this thread for getting together for multiplayer gaming.

Yep, you're on my friend list. RAWK.

If people want to post their PSN info, I'll add it to the OP.

Danj

Wow this looks awesome. Shame I don't understand Japanese, guess I will have to wait for a possible localisation. And even then I don't suppose it'll come to Europe :/

So should we share PSN names and see who wants to play online? Think I have most of you who are buying the PS3 version on my friends list, but if not I'm johnny84 on there :)

Hagi

I played the demo last night it was lots of fun. Going to buy the asian version it's been a while since i've imported something. I love the general design of the game, so cool.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
bought the ps3 version am about an hour and a half in. Game is ok. Im thinking its far too simplified for my tastes and the main character is irritating as hell.

Think Ill be selling this one after beating it as wouldnt really see myself playing it again upon completion of the single player.

Gameplay design even if played with friends isnt something Id find enjoyable unfortunately.

Mine shipped last night as well, probably get here sometime next week.

So should we share PSN names and see who wants to play online? Think I have most of you who are buying the PS3 version on my friends list, but if not I'm johnny84 on there :)

I've already got you and Trin on my friend list. I went ahead and added our PSN names to the OP.

"There are no plans to release Catherine in the United States at this time."

C'mon, guys, get a clue.

Capcom did register the trademark in 2011, but they've been pretty mum ever since.

Still, I bet they'll rip out the May'n song from a domestic release due to licensing issues, so I still feel good about importing (at a lower price than what the localized version will cost!).

geebee

Banned
My PS3 copy shipped from buy2game.. hopefully will be here within a couple of weeks.

Feel free to add me on PSN: BlueNocturne

Parakeetman

Yeah after playing this for a couple more hours (clocked in about 5), this is most def getting sold to the store. Not impressed at all.

Will use what little $$$ comes back to get SRW:OG instead.

Yeah after playing this for a couple more hours (clocked in about 5), this is most def getting sold to the store. Not impressed at all.

Care to elaborate? I wasn't expecting much from the game, it clearly looked like a smaller title that wasn't trying to be something big.

Will use what little $$$ comes back to get SRW:OG instead.

No reason you can't buy both. :)

Parakeetman

Care to elaborate? I wasn't expecting much from the game, it clearly looked like a smaller title that wasn't trying to be something big.

No reason you can't buy both. :)

*Main character first off is highly irritating. So being stuck with him through the game is a big minus.

*Gameplay is a bit too simplified. Suppose this also goes with the combat category.

*Combat isnt all that interesting sure you can pop up an enemy and juggle them for a little bit, but the novelty will wear off quick. The lock on system is personally irritating as hell. It does have a purpose, but for my own tastes I generally hate lock on systems.

*The secondary weapon is broken up into 3 damage elemental types. Fire - Ice - Lightning. So rock paper scissors goes on with some of the enemies that helps with increased damage.

*Characters gain exp and lv up from points earned from doing story or virtual missions. This basically is just to "lengthen" the single player game by causing you to have to grind a little for that exp and cash / materials to do upgrades. It just does not seem to match with the game design. If it was something like phantasy star sure no problem. This game not as much.

*Lots of other design bits with the game itself that just makes it not all that interesting to play. Its too bad since the art style I dont mind that much, even though some of the angles that they use make the character models look horrible.

*Poor animations too and you can see deformation on the models at the joints on occasion.

For those looking to drop a good amount of cash down importing it, Id think it over a bit more unless you really do like the game so much that you dont care. If thats the case by all means pick it up.

Personally as my own purchase I think this was a waste of money. Dont really have the intention to beat it also, as its becoming a slog. Reason why Im not going to bother keeping this game is due to the fact I dont really have any intention of going back to it. Also with how the combat works, I dont see it being all that interesting with more players. Might as well get what cash I can while some sort of value is still there. And put it to the side for SRW:OG.

Once again unfortunate since I was looking forward to this title. But that nagging feeling that it wasnt going to turn out all that great was right.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
*Main character first off is highly irritating. So being stuck with him through the game is a big minus.

*Gameplay is a bit too simplified. Suppose this also goes with the combat category.

*Combat isnt all that interesting sure you can pop up an enemy and juggle them for a little bit, but the novelty will wear off quick. The lock on system is personally irritating as hell. It does have a purpose, but for my own tastes I generally hate lock on systems.

*The secondary weapon is broken up into 3 damage elemental types. Fire - Ice - Lightning. So rock paper scissors goes on with some of the enemies that helps with increased damage.

*Characters gain exp and lv up from points earned from doing story or virtual missions. This basically is just to "lengthen" the single player game by causing you to have to grind a little for that exp and cash / materials to do upgrades. It just does not seem to match with the game design. If it was something like phantasy star sure no problem. This game not as much.

*Lots of other design bits with the game itself that just makes it not all that interesting to play. Its too bad since the art style I dont mind that much, even though some of the angles that they use make the character models look horrible.

*Poor animations too and you can see deformation on the models at the joints on occasion.

For those looking to drop a good amount of cash down importing it, Id think it over a bit more unless you really do like the game so much that you dont care. If thats the case by all means pick it up.

Personally as my own purchase I think this was a waste of money. Dont really have the intention to beat it also, as its becoming a slog. Reason why Im not going to bother keeping this game is due to the fact I dont really have any intention of going back to it. Also with how the combat works, I dont see it being all that interesting with more players. Might as well get what cash I can while some sort of value is still there. And put it to the side for SRW:OG.

Once again unfortunate since I was looking forward to this title. But that nagging feeling that it wasnt going to turn out all that great was right.

By any chance, did you play the demo when it came out? Curious if your impressions of the full game changed from the demo.

I personally had a blast with the demo.

I ordered Layton VS Phoenix and Inazuma Eleven 1-3 aswell, so I'm waiting for the whole batch to get delivered from Amazon JP. Guess I will jump in a week later than you guys.

yo gundam, whats the title mean?

That's no, gundam. Shame on all of you.

R-1 sprite really needs to show up with the shield more often. It's not as good of a Zeta rip off as it could be otherwise

Oh right, yeah this game. Let's just wait and see when it gets here in the mail.

Parakeetman

By any chance, did you play the demo when it came out? Curious if your impressions of the full game changed from the demo.

I personally had a blast with the demo.

Didnt get around to getting the demo. These are all based off of the 5 hours Ive spent in SP. no real interest in MP as its no different from having the AI with you, just that you can have conversations with them lol.

If you dont mind how the game plays from the demo id imagine you wouldnt mind going through SP. As long as the main character and other janky bits about the game design dont bother you.

Parakeetman

Loved the original Lost Planet so I'll probably check out the PS3 version once I hopefully graduate this winter.

Its real different from the original lost planet games, so you might be let down if thats the type of experience you hope to have with this title. Am not sure if the demo is still up as didnt get it myself before picking up the game, but if its there you might want to check it out.

It's a light action game, but after two hours I'm having a good time with it. Don't hate the main character, though he's definitely goofy as hell.

Loving the art style/over the top stuff happening everywhere. Action feels tight, which was expected after the demo.

Just crossed my mind; the PS3 version mirrors MH3U in that it's the console version of the handheld game, in HD and with online.

Only thing missing is cross-play and cross-save, think Capcom will consider a Wii U version with such features, especially if MH3U Wii U sells really well?

Better yet, an excuse to localize the game if it sells well outside JP, this concept can be used as a bullet point more, what's not to like; playing against others on the other platform (Echoes of Time was the only other one prior on Wii and DS to do this right Nintendo-wise?), and playing the same save on the go and then in HD at home.

Revelations can benefit from this as well.

Better console RE than 6? Maybe. :p

Edit: Also in textures, does the PS3 version have higher-res textures? Haven't noticed any.

Sushigod7

Is there a preferable source for this? I guess I should go try the PS3 demo but looks like something I would love. Wish Capcom would go PSN or eshop in the US. That banner is f'ing sweet.

Parakeetman

Seems like the guy made it to the 2nd base. Where the levels change to what was being shown off there a bit more green vs. all of the arctic look from the starting base.

Anyways do hope you folks who will buy / bought the game will enjoy it / have a blast with friends.

As for me mine it was taken back and sold.

ranmafan

Got my copy just now, the special edition version from capcom's web store. The figure is very nice. Looking forward to playing the game shortly.

Got my copy just now, the special edition version from capcom's web store. The figure is very nice. Looking forward to playing the game shortly.

OHHH nice figure. Was that the only one the SP edition came with or were there other versions? Would be cool to have a Gingira one.

Oh and my PSN is gevurah22. Might want to send me a message first since my PSN is full. :S

ranmafan

OHHH nice figure. Was that the only one the SP edition came with or were there other versions? Would be cool to have a Gingira one.

It was the only one. Came with both the PS3 and 3DS limited editions. Its pretty nice but a little smaller than I expected, just a little. The Tikki rubber strap also came with all of them. The other was a random character.

Parakeetman

If there is one thing the Capcom store does right is making the extras from ordering directly with them worthwhile.

Was the same with MH3G on the 3DS.

Top Bottom