• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E.X. Troopers |OT|

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good to know your copy finally came in. I'll be back in town tonight, and I'm up for some multi if anyone is down.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hit max level last night, and got all the avatars in the game. Didn't even realize until last night that there was a NEVEC avatar that I had completely missed.

I'm really liking the small free SP missions Capcom is releasing weekly, but I really do wish there were more core missions. There just aren't enough missions for max level players at the moment.

Tain

Just went for broke and ordered the JP version, should have this bad boy in a couple days.

Going in pretty much blind!

thetrin

Any more secret codes? I've inputted all the ones posted in the thread.

There's one for a Joysound jacket for Bren as well.

There are a couple cafe codes on the EXT site: http://capcom.co.jp/ext/secret.html

Just went for broke and ordered the JP version, should have this bad boy in a couple days.

Going in pretty much blind!

Let me know if you want to play some multiplayer. I'm totally down. If you have a mic, make sure to enable voice chat in the game!

Tain

I'm mostly just expecting a very colorful third person shooter with a Japanese twist. Being a little easy won't be a dealbreaker.

I'll be going through the campaign before touching multiplayer, but I'll definitely stop by this thread (and or send PMs) when I start multi.

thetrin

I'm mostly just expecting a very colorful third person shooter with a Japanese twist. Being a little easy won't be a dealbreaker.

I'll be going through the campaign before touching multiplayer, but I'll definitely stop by this thread (and or send PMs) when I start multi.

That's a good idea. You unlock the multiplayer missions (and the multi itself) by playing through the campaign.

Btw, anyone up for some VR missions tonight? There are now two downloadable missions out, so we can do those as well.

IMO, the story missions have just the right difficulty. Not too hard, not too easy. The only objective is to clear the mission. I've never died, but I've been on the verge of dying a few times.

But I guess the real meat is in the VR missions as they have more objectives to clear for medals. I've been going through the missions with a friend. Some missions are pretty tough and can take a few retries especially if collecting medals. We've died plenty of times on a few and we haven't hit EX missions yet.

I would say the game is a bit easier if you are using the right weapon/upgrades/bonuses.

thetrin

If one side is "depressingly easy to the point you hate what it asks you to do" and the other is "breezing through the game at a nice pace", where would it fall?

You breeze through it pretty quickly, but I had a great time with the campaign. Then you have multiplayer/VR missions to go through either with AI or with friends.

VR mission wise, the challenge comes mostly from trying to get the extra medals from sub objectives. You really don't HAVE to get them, but the medals are used as currency to unlock skins for the avatars you've unlocked for multiplayer. There are about 25 avatars you can unlock to play with, and on average, about 4 skins per avatar. There's a decent amount of variety there.

Then, when you're hot shit and you've done all the VR missions, there are weekly downloadable SP missions (for free) and the three EX missions, which are multi stage gauntlets that require you to use a new sub weapon each stage. EX missions are awesome.

IMO, the story missions have just the right difficulty. Not too hard, not too easy. The only objective is to clear the mission. I've never died, but I've been on the verge of dying a few times.

But I guess the real meat is in the VR missions as they have more objectives to clear for medals. I've been going through the missions with a friend. Some missions are pretty tough and can take a few retries especially if collecting medals. We've died plenty of times on a few and we haven't hit EX missions yet.

I would say the game is a bit easier if you are using the right weapon/upgrades/bonuses.

Let me know when you're playing, and I'll be happy to join you for VR missions. Add me: thetrin

Just beat story mode. So awesome... it was like watching one of those epic mecha anime. I even had tears welling up in my eyes at one point. Gingira is such a bro.

I loved this game. The story was simple but good and the characters were really charming.

Pic related: ギンギラちゃん
90Rs1l.jpg

I really wish they would try to broaden the audience and bring it to other places.

Anyways, I'll probably be up for some VR farming on the weekend.

pje122

If anyone has finished the game and is looking to flip their copy please shoot me a PM... I might be interested.

i think most of people here is playing the PS3 version, they are skipping 3DS version due to region lock or because it's inferior compared to PS3 one (except PS3 with online multiplayer while 3DS just local) ?

i played the demo on my 3DS some times ago and i liked it

rjc571

Banned
I thought I read that the 3DS version is actually the superior version as it runs at 60 fps during gameplay (in 2D mode), while the PS3 is 60 fps in cutscenes but only 30 in gameplay? Was that confirmed by anyone or did somebody get mixed up?

i think most of people here is playing the PS3 version, they are skipping 3DS version due to region lock or because it's inferior compared to PS3 one (except PS3 with online multiplayer while 3DS just local) ?

i played the demo on my 3DS some times ago and i liked it

I would have bought it on 3DS but for the lack of online multiplayer. But yeah, I'd think most people are leaning towards the PS3 version as it's region free.

I would have bought it on 3DS but for the lack of online multiplayer. But yeah, I'd think most people are leaning towards the PS3 version as it's region free.

yes, as i imagined :)
i tried the demo cause i have a japanese 3DS, i was doubtful about the controls cause from the videos i watched, it seemed to be the perfect game you miss the second stick while you're playing, but i was wrong, i never had that feeling
I enjoyed the gameplay and i'm thinking about buying it, it's not a commonly genre on 3DS, that's a plus point for it

I got me the 3DS version. I started it last night <3

please tell me your impressions

thetrin

I thought I read that the 3DS version is actually the superior version as it runs at 60 fps during gameplay (in 2D mode), while the PS3 is 60 fps in cutscenes but only 30 in gameplay? Was that confirmed by anyone or did somebody get mixed up?

Runs at 60 in gameplay when I play on PS3.

I've got a going away party tonight (I'm moving in the next month or so), so I'll be busy but I think I can squeeze something in some time this weekend. Probably on sunday, most likely.

hongcha

I got this for Christmas (3DS ver) and I've played about 4 hours. I'm loving every minute of it! This is one of the best games on the system. Also one of the nicest uses of 3D - one of the few games that I play with the 3D on most of the time.

Finished up story mode yesterday on the PS3, really glad I ended up getting the game. Very fun streamlined game, the quick play level pacing was awesome and the characters/story was great. My wife doesn't understand Japanese and damn near hates video games but she loved watching me play this. We both really liked &#12521;&#12532;&#12455;&#12523; and were waiting for Bren to say &#32080;&#27083;!

GhaleonQ

Man, that was a surprise. If it was a meal, I wouldn't call it satisfying, but it was very, very tasty. The soundtrack ends up very high on my year-end list, too.

Thanks for re-convincing me after sales kicked back on the great Japanese marketing campaign, NeoGAF!

Man, that was a surprise. If it was a meal, I wouldn't call it satisfying, but it was very, very tasty. The soundtrack ends up very high on my year-end list, too.

Thanks for re-convincing me after sales kicked back on the great Japanese marketing campaign, NeoGAF!

How was the language barrier for you?

SgtCobra

The impressions here are really positive, gonna watch/read some reviews before I decide to buy the game. I loved LP2 and played the hell out of it, and €30 for the game sounds very tempting.

Although I'm also curious how the language barrier is.

Shinta

Banned
Just ordered a copy for me, and a copy for a friend yesterday. I got the free shipping, so I expect I'll be playing this sometime around February!

GhaleonQ

How was the language barrier for you?

Non-existent, story aside.

But I need to go VERY slowly to get through text, so the constant flashing of art with text on it made me decide after 5 minutes to just ignore anything nonessential in battles. Luckily, as has been mentioned, it's not very difficult. If I had needed to figure things out with in-battle cues or really decipher the story text for clues, I would have had to use a walkthrough.

But I need to go VERY slowly to get through text, so the constant flashing of art with text on it made me decide after 5 minutes to just ignore anything nonessential in battles. Luckily, as has been mentioned, it's not very difficult. If I had needed to figure things out with in-battle cues or really decipher the story text for clues, I would have had to use a walkthrough.

Dammit

Now I gotta buy this :(

BTHR Zero X

Right this is every Unlock Code that has been released, Now my Japanese Sucks so I hope I translated them correctly for the ones that I could.

Code: 002040
Using this code unlocks Zoff Glasses for use with Bren, Teekee, Luan, Julie, and Chris.

Code: 014193
Using this code unlocks "&#39171;&#23376;&#12398;&#29579;&#23558;&#12398;&#39171;&#23376;" for purchase at the Café.

Code: 070682
Using this code unlocks the Platinum Armour for use with Bren.

Code: 163489
Using this code unlocks the Sport Stars outfit for use with Bren.

Code: 240325
Using this code unlocks Bullion (Medium)

Code: 258104
Using this code unlocks the Hagi Toko! T-Shirt and Shorts for use with Bren.

Code: 390184
Using this code unlocks "&#12458;&#12525;&#12490;&#12511;&#12531;C" for purchase at the Café.

Code: 453927
Using this code unlocks the "&#29305;&#27530;&#37096;&#38538;&#21046;&#26381;" for use with Bren.

Code: 486290
Using this code unlocks the Keroro Fire Jacket for use with Bren.

Code: 565656
Using this code unlocks the Plazma Bomber weapon blueprint.

Code: 571006
Using this code unlocks Bullion (Extra Large)

Code: 632798
Using this code unlocks the Skull Biker outfit for use with Bren.

Code: 697834
Using this code unlocks the Riders blitz outfit for use with Bren.

Code: 729443
Using this code unlocks the Rathalos Armour from Monster Hunter for use with Bren.

Code: 810111
Using this code unlocks the "&#25126;&#38360;&#26381;" outfit for use with Bren.

Code: 822419
Using this code unlocks Bullion (Large)

Code: 932571
Using this code unlocks the JOYSOUND Jacket for use with Bren.

Code: 941342
Using this code unlocks the Military Wing outfit for use with Bren.

Top Bottom