• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Mecha_Infantry said:
I can't quite see why you guys are hating on the Sony motion controller, it's like you guys are just trolling on a band wagon
I hate on all forms of motion control.

LCfiner

natal is better than this. it can track not just wand points but your entire body, your face and it includes the vocal recognition tech. and the accuracy is still very good. oh, and it can do head tracking to work with controller games.

this is just like wii motion plus.

which is fine... but wii motion plus demoed much better. more polished.

heck, this demo is WORSE than last years wii motion plus demo.

shows how far behind sony is.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Mecha_Infantry said:
I can't quite see why you guys are hating on the Sony motion controller, it's like you guys are just trolling on a band wagon

Because it was a terrible and awkward demo with ridiculous controllers. Granted, Natal was creepy, and the soccer game demo was LOL, but sheesh, Sony took the cake in terms of humiliation.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Can the fanboy accusations.

I'm just interested in the best motion control potential... and Sony's looks like it can do better than Natal or Wii Motion in key ways (swords in particular)

Obviously Natal will win in full body tracking, variety and non-weapon/tool uses.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ugh reposting for the new page since I got the very bottom post on the last page

BruceLeeRoy said:
Can you be that precise though? The archery thing was pretty amazing

er... yes?

the problem with "preciseness" is that it's jittery as shit, which is what we saw with Sony's techdemo there. many Wii games tony down the preciseness a bit so it's not shaking all over the screen, which gives the player better control.

Sony will learn in time, though. one would hope.

Sean

Banned
Those motion control demos felt like deja vu. The archery one from the Nintendo conference and the paint one from the MS conference.

Danielsan

The Last Guardian trailer should close the damn conference. They had momentum with FFXIV but it went straight to boring after that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can't believe people were hating Natal but are praising this. This looks even earlier, and you need more accessories so who knows how much it'll cost? Plus, for the people complaining about not having something to hold, don't you realize that Natal can actually scan objects? Either way, I'm very EXCITED for BOTH of these innovations. People need to accept that thiis the future of gaming.

Top Bottom