• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

Druz

Chiggs said:
Did you read the IGN write up on Natal? Yeah, it works.

Everything they showed about Natal was in a canned environment and very specific. The Fable character demonstration won't really happen for a long time since they'd have to script a billion different options. Just like the Wii demonstrations, you could tell they're hiding many of the things it can't do. Bottom of an avatars' shoe, BAM!

The PS3 demonstration looks like it will improve things.. the RTS shit hell yuh.

Hunahan said:
I love it how waggle went from zero to hero with just a switch in companies.

Ya'll are pathetic.
What companies?

:lol

I like it because it's REAL. The PS Eye's exist and are proven technology, I have one at home.
All I'm missing are the wands.

Natal is a pipedream.

BocoDragon said:
Can the fanboy accusations.

I'm just interested in the best motion control potential... and Sony's looks like it can do better than Natal or Wii Motion in key ways (swords in particular)

Accuracy is the name of the game. With Wii motion plus and the Sony device we have something very accurate. Natel seems unsure.

Danthrax said:
er... yes?

the problem with "preciseness" is that it's jittery as shit, which is what we saw with Sony's techdemo there. many Wii games tony down the preciseness a bit so it's not shaking all over the screen, which gives the player better control.

Sony will learn in time, though. one would hope.
That actually does make sense.

Meier

Looks like it plays like shit. Track creation seems fairly full-featured though. For me, currently a rental at best.

The motion stuff looked pretty good, but the presentation of it was shit. Microsoft did it much better...if you're going to show something like that off then you get Spielberg out to say how it's some wacky sci-fi shit and make out like the entire axis of the earth will shift when you release it, not get two dudes from the research lab to awkwardly fuck up an engineering demo on stage.

This racing game looks cool though.

Shoogoo

BocoDragon said:
Can the fanboy accusations.

I'm just interested in the best motion control potential... and Sony's looks like it can do better than Natal or Wii Motion in key ways (swords in particular)

Obviously Natal will in in full body tracking, variety and non-weapon/tool uses.

lol no

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
THE LAST GUARDIAN! BREAK! IT! OUT! JACK! FUCK THIS KART BULLSHIT YOU ALREADY HAVE CTR ON PSN TEAM ICO BUM RUSH DE STAGE

Wand thing is gonna catch flak for still looking like a prototype and only having tech demos, definitely more of a GDC thing.

This kart racing thing is fucking terrible.

Top Bottom