• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

X26

Banned
LCfiner said:
you saying the onstage demo was filmed beforehand and Che didn't actually move the camera and flip the car?

really?

let's see the stage demos later today to prove you're wrong.

anyway, god of war lokos like... god of war. the titan in the back is like the colossus in gow2. let's see something new.

The last thing they showed was the part with all the cars and everybody doing doughnuts and stuff. Not realtime whatsover, looks like CG compared to the actual gameplay shown

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so lets recap

gameplay shown:

ac2
gow3
gt5
the last guardian

games announced:

ff14
agent
metal gear peace walker

bonus:

excellent motion control

great conference. am i missing anything?

Grayman

now lets all stumble out of this thread and bump into the front page akwardly.

Flo_Evans said:
No motorcycles :(
they need something for tourist trophy 2. Oh well no date either so GT5 = 2011 game probably

Uncharted 2 looks phenomenal.

MAG could be cool, but it's releasing this Fall? Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: ODST are going to kill this.

I don't own a PSP yet. So, I'll probably pick up a PSP Go.

Gran Turismo PSP. (Not Gran Turismo 5.) :(

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker looks okay.

Final Fantasy XIV -- ONLINE? ... Meh.

That Wand device looks like it could have some cool functionality - but it won't be taken seriously. I think the object integration is pretty cool and the device looked very responsive. The presentation was funny as well. :lol

ModNation Racers looks really awesome. I'll probably get it.

The Last Guardian looks HOT HOT HOT!

Gran Turismo 5!

God of War III! Holy crap, it looks excellent.

I feel that Sony's conference was slightly better than Microsoft's.

duk

Banned
come on guys, sony can't drop the price right now, they will drop it when slim comes out later this year

124g19i.jpg

Killer

Banned
I WAITED FOR 9 YEARS AND TWO HOURS NOW TO SEE TWISTED METAL!!!! FUCK YOU SONY YOU BUTTHOLES MOTHERFUCKERS TWAAAATS!!!!!

JoJo13

Banned
Sony had the best E3 by far

Though, I was a bit surprised that they didn't announce the PS3 slim or a price drop. Would have really put the conference over the top. I guess they're waiting until the fall to announce it.

Also, no show from BBC game? When is that game ever going to make an appearance. :lol

Om3ga

i fell asleep through part of the conference i don't know if i dreamt it or i saw it, but was Final Fantasy XIV announced?

seat

MoogPaul said:
So basically Sony gives up on the PS3 in 09 to go with the PSP. Wait for 2010 memes incoming.
Agreed. How can anyone be that orgasmic over this conference when NOTHING IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR! WTF.

h3ro

avaya said:
WRC+NASCAR+Formula 1 cars+Le Mans

Yeah. I'm more than satisfied with that.

Did the show F1?

The WRC and Nascar licenses are a huge coup, really hyped for GT5 now.

Forza and GT5 are going to rock. Great time to be a PS360 racing fan. :D

It was an ok press conference. Uncharted 2 looked awesome. God of War 3 looked like God of War 2 in HD. The Last Guardian should be good whenever it comes out. The PSP Go is too expensive for me to get excited about. I don't know what to think about the motion controls. Everything else was meh. No real surprises since everything leaked.

There was nothing shown today to confound the expectation that Sony will remain rooted firmly in third place for the forseeable future.

No software megatons. And let's be honest, the motion wand is just Wii Motion Plus... except you have to buy two of them. And a camera.

Sony offered more of the same today. Nothing we didn't see coming a mile off. And they failed to address the two issues that have been killing them... a fatally overpriced system and an online strategy that's light years behind Xbox Live.

I predicted a C+ before the conference and I think that turned out to be pretty accurate.

I'll be buying Uncharted 2 though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
camineet said:
Sony wins E3, athough Galaxy and Metroid are gonna be fucking amazing, there's no way Sony hasnt won E3.
best stuff, best motion control
best HD games.
Are we sure about the motion control bit? I'm waiting for hands-on impressions still, as it's hard to tell if it doesn't do anything too different from what M+ can already do, which comes out in a few weeks.

Like I said Sony easily wins this one. Two third party megatons and lots of exclusive games for 2009. I'm a little disappointed at no Heavy Rain/Fat Princess demonstration.

Oh and the dildo sucks like every other gimmick.

Grayman

-COOLIO- said:
so lets recap

gameplay shown:

ac2
gow3
gt5
the last guardian

games announced:

ff14
agent
metal gear peace walker

bonus:

excellent motion control

GT5 was all replay mode, or even opening video render level, not ingame but GT5 baked is pretty close to GT5 real time.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wow. This conference was amazing...just wow.

:lol :lol @ all the tears. Cry more, cry delicious tears for Kratos you fools.

Arsenic

Kolgar said:
Wow, lot of "Sony wins!" chants.

Funny the other platform's fans didn't feel the need to bray like this during their conferences.

Oh yeah - no price drop.
Are you kidding me? Read the Microsoft thread yesterday and check the reactions after Forza was revealed. That is just a sample.

Kittonwy

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
so lets recap

gameplay shown:

ac2
gow3
gt5
the last guardian

games announced:

ff14
agent
metal gear peace walker

bonus:

excellent motion control

They showed UNCHARTED 2!!!!222!!!
angry.gif
gameplay.

So what is holiday 09 shaping up in terms of PS3 exclusives?

Uncharted 2
R&C: A Crack in Time
MAG

Are there more I'm forgetting? Sony should be eternally grateful to Insominiac and Naughty Dog for floating them while the JP studios get their shit together.

Top Bottom