• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Konami Conference (Unstoppable) - Tak Fujii's Hot New Track Drops Post #10589

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flek

Banned
oh3Dp.png

dabig2

ixix said:
The irony of Saw.

All glory to Konami.

:lol

gif idea: have Jigsaw text saying something like "let's see what your breaking point is" and then intersperse clips of the conference between that tied up chick's terrified looks until she dies.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
ClosingADoor said:
I love how everyone is just reading from the autocue and not even trying to sound enhousiastic. They are just reading their press releases out loud or something.

This is why I love the Otomedius moment. The dude presenting it had genuine stage presence and was honestly making an attempt to appeal to the crowd and talk up the game.

Then the trailer rolls.

I don't care if he ran over the president of Konami's dog. Dude did not deserve that.

ixix said:
This is why I love the Otomedius moment. The dude presenting it had genuine stage presence and was honestly making an attempt to appeal to the crowd and talk up the game.

Then the trailer rolls.

I don't care if he ran over the president of Konami's dog. Dude did not deserve that.

And after that he even got some Kinect crap game. Poor guy...

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
ClosingADoor said:
And after that he even got some Kinect crap game. Poor guy...

And even when it's all over he's like "Thank you so much for your time."

Breaks my heart.

Konami's ... Press ... Conference ...

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

... Seriously though, it was hilariously bad. The first half was pretty much a series of mediocre presentations by bizarre Japanese people, all trying to speak English... it was so weird... they had bad jokes -- I admit, I laughed to the joke where the guy "acted out" the action in the game, for that game where the guy can lose body parts... it was so crazy-weird... oh, and the (real!) Mexican wrestlers were entertaining too. They also had a guy from Def Jam, but that part was more "we think this game is so awesome and innovative" than ridiculous. But there was a lot more ridiculous there, such as the N3II guy with the crazy jacket who kept trying to hype up the crowd for his game, which is a sequel to a game mostly considered mediocre. And the DDR guy... uh, why are you two dancing to the screen when there is obviously no Natal (sorry, Kinect) there to play on... and that's not starting with everything else about him... :lol: A whole chorus from some TV show "Glee" was there too, they replayed the same MGS Rising trailer from MS's conference and then followed it up with a long, somewhat boring section with the producer talking about the game (in Japanese, with a translator)... Oh, and the conference finished with name-drops, but NO VIDEO, of Konami's five upcoming 3DS games. Yeah, it was that kind of conference. Part painfully bad, part dull, all unforgettably bizarre.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I highly recommend anyone who wants an entertaining hour and a half to two hours watches it as soon as it shows up in full on Gametrailers, G4TV, or something like that! :D

As for the games... um... sorry, too hard to think...

I will say, though, that both Castlevania games, Iga's 2d downloadable title and the 3d action game, look pretty good. Lost in Shadow from Hudson looks fantastic as well. Some of the 3DS titles sound great. Some other games that weren't in the conference such as the downloadable Hard Corps title sound awesome. N3 II could be an entertaining hack and slash game, who knows. MGS Rising and Silent Hill were there too of course, for series fans (though Rising does look like it could be fun). So yeah, some decent stuff there. But really, not many people are going to watch this for the games. ... :lol :lol Sorry, just thinking about all the silliness of that conference is pretty amusing... I don't really mean that as an insult though, at least Konami had a press conference. That makes them better than all of the major companies that didn't even hold one, certainly. And there were some good games there, and some of the humor was clearly intentional. And hey, at least they managed to make it memorable... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom