• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Konami Conference (Unstoppable) - Tak Fujii's Hot New Track Drops Post #10589

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

DangerStepp said:
truck.gif

:lol :lol :lol

It really is hilarious the second time around.

"WHITE SPACE, OBAMA, WHY THE FUCK, MARKETIN THE SHIT"

Rapstah

First I was shocked by how Konami somehow didn't start the trailer when they were supposed to. Then I was shocked at two people talking about a game with the same name as what I've been calling myself on forums for four years. Then I was shocked at the all-round fucked up craziness of the Mexican wrestler part. Then the next two groups were the high-on-cocaine afro Japanese guy and the fake Kinect dance high-on-cocaine Japanese guys and my world collapsed around me.

This has changed one thing only about this E3: you can no longer say that the Microsoft conference was the worst thing here. If you look at how "good" the hardware manufacturer conferences were from the perspective of Konami's... they're all infinitely better. There was enjoyment to be found in them.

Doodlebug said:
Can I get a direct link like that for other streams in the future? If so, how? It would be great if I could just "Save As" and open the file with VLC.
Open it in windows media player as a link than it plays directly

Ok, a little summary. Some problems with Windows, audio problems, creepy faces, stoned faces, halfnaked bitchslapping wrestlers, ONE MILLION TROOPS, <-:D <-:D Please applause, please buy, yawn, already seen this, casual crap, SOMEBOOOOOOODY, Oprah, Awkward, I'll speak in Japanese. And much more.

Raxus

SmashBrosAwesome said:
What? It became AMAZING after that. One for the history books.
You misunderstand. That was the breaking point where most people go insane. Like, it can't get any worse than this right? Then they bring out the drugs in full force and 1 million troops. Seriously, a movie must be made on this conference.

Gilgamesh

Combichristoffersen said:
This. We need to get a torrent of the conference or something. I need to have a copy of that for posterity.
I'd like to bury a copy of it in a time capsule so the people of the future know what the world of 2010 was like.

Karram

I feel terrible that I haven't watched the conference and instead watched GS and IGN Live stage show. Going to watch it tomorrow for sure.

The Dutch Slayer said:
fckw89.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I STIL CAN'T believe this just happend :lol :lol :lol :lol
I just cracked up as much as I did at the conference remembering that. I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
DangerStepp said:
I missed the beginning so im watching this again. Looks like they fucked up starting a trailer?
Dude, that's "They call me Ishmael" for what you're in for.
:lol :lol :lol So true.

Flek

Banned
Rapstah said:
First I was shocked by how Konami somehow didn't start the trailer when they were supposed to. Then I was shocked at two people talking about a game with the same name as what I've been calling myself on forums for four years. Then I was shocked at the all-round fucked up craziness of the Mexican wrestler part. Then the next two groups were the high-on-cocaine afro Japanese guy and the fake Kinect dance high-on-cocaine Japanese guys and my world collapsed around me.

This has changed one thing only about this E3: you can no longer say that the Microsoft conference was the worst thing here. If you look at how "good" the hardware manufacturer conferences were from the perspective of Konami's... they're all infinitely better. There was enjoyment to be found in them.

:lol :lol :lol

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Fake Russell Simmons.
Trailer failure.
Real Russell Simmons.
Lucha Libre weigh-in and slap fight.
The irony of Saw.
"One million troops." "You will be sucked."
Charismatic dude being forced to talk up Otomedius, then cutting his best efforts off at the knees with that trailer.
Punk Japanese dude just wants to dance.
Hudson Dude who wants to be absolutely anywhere else while showing Deca Sports.
High school choir singing Queen.
Konami dude trying to drill a hole in Silent Hill dude's head with his eyes.
10 minute talk making a cyborg ninja cutting everything sound boring.
IGA forced to introduce Lords of Shadow producer. Ice cold.
"Metal Gear Solid 3DS. You can't see it. Leave now."

All glory to Konami.

StuBurns

Banned
Okay, I totally missed everything.

Konami have two things that matter, KojiPro and Silent Hill. Is the new SH a SH2 remake, and were either of the new MGS games there in more depth than we have seen?

EDIT: Post above seems to answer that, never mind, sounds EPIC.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I almost wish they weren't replaying it just so I could be a super douche and say "You had to be there..."

But seriously, it's required viewing for ALL.

Baha

Anybody calling Konami's conference terrible is missing the point. This conference was, without a doubt, the most entertaining conference at e3. We laughed, we cried (tears from laughing too hard) and we'll all remember just how awesomely bad this conference was. This conference was bad for all the right reasons and to compare it to Microsoft's & Ubisoft's boring and awkward missteps is a disservice imo. This conference will hopefully be remembered with the same fondness as the Sony '06 conference.

Lijik

Instro said:
I love this conference. I dont think it can be topped ever again, at least until Ubisoft next year.
Im sorry, but Ubisoft is done forever.
High as fuck Asians speaking Engrish and Lucha Libres >>>>>>>> French Accents talking about magic and Joel McHale

Cerberus

StuBurns said:

Konami have two things that matter, KojiPro and Silent Hill. Is the new SH a SH2 remake, and were either of the new MGS games there in more depth than we have seen?

No new footage.

DangerStepp

StuBurns said:

EDIT: Post above seems to answer that, never mind, sounds EPIC.
It depends...did you see the MGS: RISING trailer at MS's conference...?

The one with the watermelon cutting?

Then no.

Flek

Banned
its amaizing how every single guy speaking is missing any kind of desire to talk there

everyone looks like "ok lets get over with this shit i want to play vanguish"

gumshoe said:
FUCK YOU KONAMI FUCK YOU.

I am not buying this new 3D God War wannabe Castlevania. I won't forgive you for what you did to IGA. Poor guy :(

I will buy the new 3D game though :(

Just buy it used.

By the way, does Konami want Otomedius Excellent to bomb like that? They should have made it part of a montage if not made it part of their e3 booth in order to spare it that indignity. (Yeah, the irony isn't lost on me there.)

Baha said:
Anybody calling Konami's conference terrible is missing the point. This conference was, without a doubt, the most entertaining conference at e3. We laughed, we cried (tears from laughing too hard) and we'll all remember just how awesomely bad this conference was. This conference was bad for all the right reasons and to compare it to Microsoft's & Ubisoft's boring and awkward missteps is a disservice imo. This conference will hopefully be remembered with the same fondness as the Sony '06 conference.

Not a conference. A goddamn spectacle.

That is justice.

Flek

Banned
oh nooooo my battery is running low … only 14 minutes left :(

but then again i saw everything starting @ the dance guy

I love how everyone is just reading from the autocue and not even trying to sound enhousiastic. They are just reading their press releases out loud or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom