• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 CDProjekt/GOG Thread: Witcher 2 360 2011Q4, EA On GOG: D. Keep, Privateer, UU, 25+

rdrr gnr

I hope the 360 thing is temporary, I'd prefer it on PS3. However, if they announce there is no chance it'll come to PS3, I'll just get it on 360.

MrOogieBoogie said:
I've never played any of the games uploaded today, so where do I start? Which one holds up the best? Wing Commander looks very interesting, but I know nothing about it!

I have only played the Ultima Underworld games, and I highly recommend them. They are a spiritual predecessor to the Elder Scrolls games, but with genuine Ultima awesomeness.

The other two game are also well loved. They have provided fond memories for many of my friends, as well as customers I had at the software store where I worked when they were on the shelves, and noone I have ever known has had an unkind thing to say about any of these games, so you really can't lose.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
We will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months, so the games will be unveiled gradually, but we can already reveal that the next upcoming titles from this huge deal are: Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.
Alpha Centuari!

1stStrike

Banned
MuseManMike said:
I hope the 360 thing is temporary, I'd prefer it on PS3. However, if they announce there is no chance it'll come to PS3, I'll just get it on 360.

I was hoping to double dip, but I don't own a 360 nor do I plan on buying one D: I'd buy a PS3 version, but I can understand how they may not be quite ready for dealings with Sony quite yet.

Fjordson said:
So happy about the 360 version of Witcher 2. November gonna be crazy.

For the MS Conference, Mattrick should just come out on stage, give one of those smug grins, fade out to Witcher 2 trailer and then just say Peace out bitches before throwing down the mic.

Just holy shit at November too: TW2, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, BF3, MW3 and AC Revs. That's enough to last me through 2012.

King Boo

you know i dislike it when exclusives don't remain exclusives. but what i really hate is if the game is on two systems, might as well be on the third. why isn't it coming to the ps3? it should come out for it if we all support "the more the merrier" idea

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
King Boo said:
you know i dislike it when exclusives don't remain exclusives. but what i really hate is if the game is on two systems, might as well be on the third. why isn't it coming to the ps3? it should come out for it if we all support "the more the merrier" idea

The more the merrier as in "The more systems you own, the merrier you will be"

MuseManMike said:
I'll save you the wait. There is almost no chance its coming to PS3. The devs had said they'd want to do the port themselves after the horrible experience of outsourcing TW1 port. Unless they hire new people with experience developing for the PS3 the chance of a PS3 port is close to zero.

JoeBoy101

Horns said:
I'd be very impressed if they actually released it by the end of the year.

How come? Unlike the idiots at Crytek, they are letting the PC players work out the bugs so that the release for 360 will be super smooth.

And they already have 2 patches out less than a month out with no real game crippling bugs

Echoplx

Hellsing321 said:
I'll save you the wait. There is almost no chance its coming to PS3. The devs had said they'd want to do the port themselves after the horrible experience of outsourcing TW1 port. Unless they hire new people with experience developing for the PS3 the chance of a PS3 port is close to zero.

Then why did they put hints in the Witcher 2 trailers saying there will be a PS3 version eventually?

Salaadin

3chopl0x said:
Then why did they put hints in the Witcher 2 trailers saying there will be a PS3 version eventually?

1782338-asdd_super.jpg

My old laptop is about as powerful as the 360 or ps3 and it can barely run the first game...maybe they can port an optimized version of the 360 port back to the PC for those with lesser systems. Luckily I should be able to run it with bells and whistles by then.

Jigsaw

Banned
Hellsing321 said:

it's their loss then

Radogol

1stStrike said:
I was hoping to double dip, but I don't own a 360 nor do I plan on buying one D: I'd buy a PS3 version, but I can understand how they may not be quite ready for dealings with Sony quite yet.

I trolled it once and I'll troll it again. PC to 360 ports are easy, PC to PS3 ports are hard. That's why most of Eastern European games get ported only to 360, like Gray Matter, the Sherlock Holmes adventures or Metro. I was hoping that CDP, like Techland or even City, are ready to play with the big boys, but apparently not.

Jomjom

Banned
So they are giving all the costume DLC for free with 1.2? That's pretty awesome, I sold my Ultimate Magical Suit for $20 bucks when I bought the game.

1stStrike

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
My old laptop is about as powerful as the 360 or ps3 and it can barely run the first game...

The first game suffered from a horrible, horrible engine. Even on new, beefy PC's, it still runs like shit. If I remember correctly it can only utilize one core as well, so even with a quad core processor you're only going to be using one of the cores on it, which sucks ass. I ended up playing through the game on like low or medium settings back in the day because it chugged so bad on high.

Minsc

Gold Member
1stStrike said:
The first game suffered from a horrible, horrible engine. Even on new, beefy PC's, it still runs like shit. If I remember correctly it can only utilize one core as well, so even with a quad core processor you're only going to be using one of the cores on it, which sucks ass. I ended up playing through the game on like low or medium settings back in the day because it chugged so bad on high.

That's not exactly true, on beefy PCs you can run TW1 at 30-60fps (maxed), with very, very few dips to under 30. Generally 45-60fps, and almost always 30+. That said, it is an awful engine to blame.

dionysus said:
PC version gets softcore in some of the scenes. They having to edit anything out to avoid the highest ESRB rating?

They said they censored nothing... well, then the AUS version had a tiny thing changed, but from everything else nothing was taken out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Supposedly, they had the RED engine running on both consoles, but like others have said, they want to do the port themselves and the choice is probably a matter of resources and time. Maybe it'll happen someday, but don't count on it. Maybe this is a good opportunity to start investing in a new platform, I hear it looks nice on a PC.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Minsc said:
That's not exactly true, on beefy PCs you can run TW1 at 30-60fps (maxed), with very, very few dips to under 30. Generally 45-60fps, and almost always 30+. That said, it is an awful engine to blame.

I could run it at like 75+ at all times, and have it suddenly drop to 15-20 in certain parts.

I call that a shitty engine.

Echoplx

FTH said:
That wasn't 360 gameplay? Oh, sorry then.

Like 10% of that trailer was actual gameplay footage and even then I doubt they would have all those scenes finished on the 360 version at this point in time.

dionysus

Yaldog
Minsc said:
They said they censored nothing... well, then the AUS version had a tiny thing changed, but from everything else nothing was taken out.

Damnit, you caught me before my edit. Anyway, PC version was already rated by ESRB which I wasn't aware of.

Minsc

Gold Member
Stahsky said:
I could run it at like 75+ at all times, and have it suddenly drop to 15-20 in certain parts.

I call that a shitty engine.

I should have clarified I was disputing it ran like shit on beefy PCs. A game that runs at 30+ fps for 99% of the time != shit.

jjasper

Really excited for about it coming to 360 just hope it isn't like every other computer RPG ported to the system.

Vyer

Awesome. I will be buying Dungeon Keeper when I get home. Also great news for 360 owners on the port. I'll still be getting it on PC but that's a nice move. lol@ port begging/crying, but we all knew that.

1stStrike

Banned
jjasper said:
Really excited for about it coming to 360 just hope it isn't like every other computer RPG ported to the system.

They're delaying it to ensure that it doesn't suck when it's released on the console so I have no doubt that it'll be as good of a game on 360 as it is on PC.

Top Bottom