• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 CDProjekt/GOG Thread: Witcher 2 360 2011Q4, EA On GOG: D. Keep, Privateer, UU, 25+

Purkake4

Banned
From the site:

We will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months, so the games will be unveiled gradually, but we can already reveal that the next upcoming titles from this huge deal are: Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

marrec

Banned
mclem said:
HOLY SHIT. Underworld 1+2 available now.

ALL available now!

I am at work, so you can imagine me holding a clipboard, then hearing this news, then the clipboard hitting the ground after it floats in mid-air for a bit. You're confused because I was just there holding the clipboard but now I'm gone and all that is left is the abandoned piece of office equipment. I must have run out very fast.

I'm at home now. I'm buying Underworld 1+2.

With Release.

nyong

Banned
kurtrussell said:
Syndicate and System Shock not part of the EA releases
The two I care the most about :/

I would have preferred LucasArts, but this isn't terrible news either. Nothing Day 1 for me, but I'll keep watch throughout the summer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, sites down. I haven't been able to watch the conf, have they announced what games will be up today?

Fingers crossed for some Maxis titles. There are so many lost classics like the Sim spin offs, this is the perfect opportunity to get them out there again.

Purkake4 said:
From the site: We will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months, so the games will be unveiled gradually, but we can already reveal that the next upcoming titles from this huge deal are: Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

Mmm...Crusader and Magic Carpet.

Keikoku

Banned
Would have been the best conference ever if a TW2 addon had been announced. Any chances this will happen during E3 ? :/ I love TW2 but it really really needs an expansion.

The fact that they're hitting a variety of games and devs (Bullfrog, Origin, and Firaxis) is massive and bodes well for the future. System Shock may not be now but I'd be amazed if they don't come eventually.

Tokubetsu

Vamphuntr said:
Meh, No system shock =/= Biggest announcement ever.

If it's anything like BG and PS:T, give them a year, maybe less now that GoG is popular. I have no doubt it'll happen. Just a matter of time.

scarybore

Surprised that it was EA and not LucasArts but that's all good in my view. I hope it's EA who has the Little Big Adventure rights, certainly it's their logo splattered over my PC boxes but that was a long time ago.

Shame about the tech issues, but it was a nice personal stream to their fans and I appreciate that immensely.

Icarus

I will buy them all tonight as soon as I get home.

That said, I REALLY want Privateer 2 (that was the better game). :)

epmode

BEST NEWS EVER
God I can't wait to play Wing Commander 1+2 again.

ACTUALLY I STILL HAVEN"T PLAYED WC1 OMGOMGOMG

Interested to see how the game runs on consoles...Considering how it runs on equivalent PC systems I expect they will have to make quite a lot of comprimizes on the eye candy. These guys are not masters of optimization

1stStrike

Banned
That was pretty exciting. I love the guys from CDPR - they were pretty hilarious. "So, we're taking a year off and we just wanted to let you guys know we're here on vacation." :lol

The OP is all updated with everything, including the HD and SD gametrailers links to the witcher 2 xbox 360 trailer.

Haven't found GOG's trailer on gametrailers yet, but once I locate it I'll put it in the OP.

abunai

TheFuryMGS3 said:
hopefully TW2 on 360 isn't bogged down with bullshit pre-order bonuses.

The only pre-order things in the PC version were rather average bits of armour etc; but they are all being included for everyone in patch 1.2 which was said to be in the 360 version. So either they come up with something new or there won't be any pre-order junk.

Nezabyte

Neo Member
They seemed to hint that console version = low graphics setting on PC. Something along the lines of "graphics style is more important, and PC users were still impressed with the low setting." Have fun, console peasants! On a serious note, glad this game is getting more exposure - one of the best devs in the industry.

Edit: serious business

vazel

Banned
It'll be really nice to be able to play the Ultima Underworld games. I loved Arx Fatalis which was supposed to be a UU sequel.

abunai said:
The only pre-order things in the PC version were rather average bits of armour etc; but they are all being included for everyone in patch 1.2 which was said to be in the 360 version. So either they come up with something new or there won't be any pre-order junk.

I hope so, I just want to get my hands on a meaty rpg that hasn't been broken up content wise cough:dragonageseries:cough

daffy

Banned
Nezabyte said:
They seemed to hint that console version = low graphics setting on PC. Something along the lines of "graphics style is more important, and PC users were still impressed with the low setting." Have fun, console peasants!
this guy...

Owzers

I'll probably buy Dungeon Keeper and rent Witcher 2 for 360 then buy it if i ever build a gaming pc. I WANT to buy it on 360 if it turns out good but i'm afraid CDProject won't support it at all on consoles like every other developer especially with Microsofts " we control everything" online agenda.

Minsc

Gold Member
Nice summary in the OP! EA it is! I was sorta hoping for EA, hell yes Dungeon Keeper and Privateer.

Shame I had to miss all the fun! TW2 patch sounds great too, 50 improvements, very welcome.

Nice to see Witcher 2 sales doing very well also.

Exuro

DaBuddaDa said:
Although, planning on releasing this a week after Skyrim comes out is probably not the best timing in the world...
Not to mention all of the other games releasing in November. TW2 is going to have a hard time selling well with everyone and their mother's already established franchise sequel releasing in the same month.

Nezabyte said:
They seemed to hint that console version = low graphics setting on PC. Something along the lines of "graphics style is more important, and PC users were still impressed with the low setting." Have fun, console peasants!

I will, nothing like having a similar experience for a quarter of the cost.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I can't wait for the day when GOG reveals that the System Shock series will finally be making its way to the site. Can you imagine the reaction on GAF? It will be EPIC>

In the meantime, this really is huge news--finally, a company that delivers on its hype. I've never played any of the games uploaded today, so where do I start? Which one holds up the best? Wing Commander looks very interesting, but I know nothing about it!

Top Bottom