• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 CDProjekt/GOG Thread: Witcher 2 360 2011Q4, EA On GOG: D. Keep, Privateer, UU, 25+

eXistor

I already have the PC version, but it's good to finally see the Witcher come to the 360 with no compromises. Obviously it's gonna take a severe graphical hit, but the experience should remain. I hope Bioware finally decides to step up their game after seeing how a developer that respects its audience handles things.

Interfectum

eXistor said:
I already have the PC version, but it's good to finally see the Witcher come to the 360 with no compromises. Obviously it's gonna take a severe graphical hit, but the experience should remain. I hope Bioware finally decides to step up their game after seeing how a developer that respects its audience handles things.

Doubt it. Bioware are stubborn little shits.

Hawk269

Good news for 360 owners. I am going to double dip and get the 360 version as well. It is such a good game and the 360 version will have the benefit of the DLC and all the fixes as well. CDP is going to make a killing...even though they have stiff competition in November, the profit they will make is going to be alot more than they are use too since the port should not cost too much for them.

It also gives console owners a taste of a great RPG with really good visuals. I am interested to see what tuning they can do on the 360 version and what sacrifices will be made, but I assume that it will still look pretty damn good or great compared to other 360 games.

For us PC gamers, 1.2 patch tomorrow!!! 50 fixes to boot and new DLC and all the previous DLC is pretty awesome. Anyone know what the 50 fixes are? I know it is a shit load more than the 1.1 patch!

1stStrike

Banned
That trailer music is awesome for the 360 version. I dl'd the trailer off gametrailers.com just so I can listen to it. WTB the full song :x

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

EA ON GOG

(Also grats to 360 dudes on getting the GOTY)

edit:

Gog.com said:
While the agreement between Electronic Arts and GOG.com brings back many acclaimed and well known franchises, it doesn’t include the much anticipated System Shock or Syndicate series at this time.

:(

ViolentP

Hmm. I do believe American McGee's Alice and Clive Barker's Undying were both published by EA. Interesting indeed.

cicero

I want to buy all three (Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima Underworld 1&2) and throw myself into an afternoon of nostalgia and good times, like a hobo throwing himself onto a wheel of government cheese, but the stupid pages refuse to load for me!@#

Tokubetsu said:
If it's anything like BG and PS:T, give them a year, maybe less now that GoG is popular. I have no doubt it'll happen. Just a matter of time.

Atari has had the D&D deal with WotC, and evidently already had all reprint rights. That, and GOG also had Interplay in their corner as well to begin with.

With SS you kind of have a joint-custody type deal between EA and T2/GS, the latter of whom Irrational is now with these days.

I think that's how it all goes, at least.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I freakin' love The Witcher 2.

Also i am very disappointed to hear of no PS3 version. A buddy of mine who is a PS3 only gamer wants to play this game so bad because of me gushing about all the time. Guess he needs to hurry on that PC he wants me to build for him :)

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I will double dip for sure. I want my brother to experience this game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I always wanted to try the Underworlds but I think the interface/controls will mess up the experience for me.

Are there any fan updates to the engine and controls like say, ZDoom, that makes it more user friendly and modern in feel?

Now I really wish I hadn't already cahsed in the "freebie" games I got from purchasing The Witcher 2 through their service...

Corto

This Xbox 360 deal is big enough to be presented at Microsoft conference in my opinion. It would be nice to see some actual gameplay on there.

Time for CDP to make shit tons of money through millions of Witcher 2 Xbox 360 sales. They deserve it.

The funniest thing is that the graphics on PC will look like CG movies compared to the 360 version.

Great to hear Witcher 2 confirmed for consoles, and with no compromise to the gameplay.

I know there will be some graphical compromises, but I have full confidence that it'll still look amazing.

A lot of amazing RPGs coming later this year, and early next year.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Witcher 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Mass Effect 3

And more I'm forgetting.

Even if NoA doesn't bring XenoBlade and/or Last Story to the states, at least there's still great RPGs for US!

No thanks to NoA by the way. :(

Huff

Banned
Only have a shitty laptop, so I'm glad I'll be able to pick this up on the 360. Prob early 2012 though if it keeps the November release date.

Corto

BoobPhysics101 said:
Time for CDP to make shit tons of money through millions of Witcher 2 Xbox 360 sales. They deserve it.

The funniest thing is that the graphics on PC will look like CG movies compared to the 360 version.

It won't be a million seller, the end of the year will be a really tough release window but every sale they will get is well deserved. But maybe they get some double dipping love to make it reach a respectable number though...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Corto said:
It won't be a million seller, the end of the year will be a really tough release window but every sale they will get is well deserved. But maybe they get some double dipping love to make it reach a respectable number though...
It will do better in the holidays and hopefully word of mouth gets it by even further. I can see this one looking mighty good thanks to the tools CDP has put together. Not 60fps and 1080p like on PC but more than acceptable.

1stStrike

Banned
CecilRousso said:
Of all the underrated strategy games, Dungeon Keeper is the finest. Hardcore gamers know it, other should but to few do.

I've never played that one, but I'll add it to my backlog. I think I'm more excited about Ultima Underground, though. That's more my kind of game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
EA on GoG! Its a whole new world now. Pity for SS2(My most wanted), but they just dropped Dungeon Keeper today. All is swell.

Fantastic news about Witcher 2 selling 400k in the first month ^_^

So Witcher and Witcher 2 aside, what's the most recent game that's on GoG? Something published in 2005-2007 on GoG gives hope that their platform might be able to extend beyond just classics of yesterday...

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Gully State said:
So Witcher and Witcher 2 aside, what's the most recent game that's on GoG? Something published in 2005-2007 on GoG gives hope that their platform might be able to extend beyond just classics of yesterday...

King's Bounty: The Legend. It came out in 2008.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gully State said:

Judge Dredd Dredd vs Death, a not particularly good FPS by Rebellion is mid-2005 or newer.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nirolak said:
Okay, so Syndicate is currently an issue since Starbreeze has the license for their reboot.

...So if System Shock is also currently an issue...

No.

I'm tired of this shit, Niro.

Hawk269

LiquidMetal14 said:
It will do better in the holidays and hopefully word of mouth gets it by even further. I can see this one looking mighty good thanks to the tools CDP has put together. Not 60fps and 1080p like on PC but more than acceptable.

Yeah, I would say 720p, then upscale to 1080p. I think it will sell really good and then there are the post x-mas sales. People will get Witcher or Skyrim first, then the other later I think. Long term, it will make them shit loads of money since CDPR is a small team and I bet it did not cost that much to make the game. The port is not going to be that hard and the return on investment will be huge for them.

I mean they sold 400k in hte first week, who knows where that number is now. Add about another 500k or more in 360 and yeah, those darn polish folk will be rolling in dough...which gives them the ability to get a few more people on the team for Witcher 3 and more DLC support for Witcher 2.

Long term, I can see TW2 selling 1million plus on the 360 in the first year. I really wish they would port Witcher 1 to console as well.

TheOddOne

Hawk269 said:
Yeah, I would say 720p, then upscale to 1080p. I think it will sell really good and then there are the post x-mas sales. People will get Witcher or Skyrim first, then the other later I think. Long term, it will make them shit loads of money since CDPR is a small team and I bet it did not cost that much to make the game. The port is not going to be that hard and the return on investment will be huge for them.

I mean they sold 400k in hte first week, who knows where that number is now. Add about another 500k or more in 360 and yeah, those darn polish folk will be rolling in dough...which gives them the ability to get a few more people on the team for Witcher 3 and more DLC support for Witcher 2.

Long term, I can see TW2 selling 1million plus on the 360 in the first year. I really wish they would port Witcher 1 to console as well.
Thats optimistic, because the lineup for the end of the year is bonkers.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Time to buy witcher 2 a second time I guess..

Top Bottom