• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 CDProjekt/GOG Thread: Witcher 2 360 2011Q4, EA On GOG: D. Keep, Privateer, UU, 25+

Darkkn

Great stuff. Alpha Centauri GET.
Only disappointment was the lack of story DLC/expansion announcement for The Witcher 2. Hopefully they are doing something meatier than hair styles with upcoming DLC.

mileS

Amir0x said:
LOL yeah right

all the rest :rock:

To be fair they explained that bullet point very well on the stream. Basically saying everything besides the graphics will be the same as far as compromises go.

mclem

For the people encountering Wing Commander for the first time:

Do note that Privateer is actually a spinoff in a more Elite-style approach, rather than the pure mission-based simulator of the main series. That said, it's also heavily story-led, far more than Elite ever was. In fact, I guess "space combat RPG" wouldn't be a million miles off the mark

Hmmm, the CG in the Witcher 2 trailer wasn't very impressive...they should have stuck to in engine stuff. Maybe its not up to speed yet on the 360?

1stStrike

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
Hmmm, the CG in the Witcher 2 trailer wasn't very impressive...they should have stuck to in engine stuff. Maybe its not up to speed yet on the 360?

Huh? I thought the trailer looked great.

Hawk269

nelsonroyale said:

??? You sure you watched the same trailer as most of us? I thought the trailer looked fantastic, actually better than most of the trailers for the PC version before it came out. I think the word, EPIC entered my mind when watching the trailer.

Tworak

Hari Seldon said:
GOG IS GETTING WING COMMANDER!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

AND ALPHA CENTAURI!!!! Holy shit!

(just found this thread)
ALPHA CENTAURI? REALLY? (really?)

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHH

mclem

Tworak said:
ALPHA CENTAURI? REALLY? (really?)

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHH

It's one of the next three releases from this deal, apparently. GoG generally release one or two games a week (Tuesday and/or Thursday), although it's always possible they'll intersperse releases from this deal amongst releases from other existing publishing partners.

Basically, I think you'll see it before the end of June.

Minsc

Gold Member
mclem said:
It's one of the next three releases from this deal, apparently. GoG generally release one or two games a week (Tuesday and/or Thursday), although it's always possible they'll intersperse releases from this deal amongst releases from other existing publishing partners.

It's a very rare week we see four games released from them, but I'll take it with so many more added to the queue! My to purchase backlog (aka wishlist) will finally be more than a couple titles again :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
- No quality compromise for xbox 360 - same experience as PC.

Uuuuhhh...that's not possible. Unless "experience" doesn't count graphics.

Exuro

thetrin said:
Another bullet point said something about it looking good so that bullet point isn't referring to graphics but content.

mclem said:

What are the other 2 games for June? No list in the OP...

Amir0x

Banned
mileS said:
To be fair they explained that bullet point very well on the stream. Basically saying everything besides the graphics will be the same as far as compromises go.

Heh, that's a pretty major thing to be "not the same as."

Of course, it also won't be the same because the modding community won't be there. Which is just as huge as the graphics.

Lets actually see the 360 version before its labelled worthless.

I want to see how the graphics compare to the PC version. I'm pretty sure the 360 game will be like running it on 'high' on a PC. The comparison will be like the Crysis 2 PC to 360 comparison. No great loss to console gamers, but the PC will certainly look better.

As for the game itself, I expect it will play identically to like playing the PC game with a pad.

tea_and_crumpets said:

I want to see how the graphics compare to the PC version. I'm pretty sure the 360 game will be like running it on 'high' on a PC. The comparison will be like the Crysis 2 PC to 360 comparison. No great loss to console gamers, but the PC will certainly look better.
It will be like low settings, no AA, and a fluctuationg 20-30 frames per second.

Minsc

Gold Member
tea_and_crumpets said:

As for the game itself, I expect it will play identically to like playing the PC game with a pad.

witcher2 2011-05-21 21-37-20-81.jpg

witcher2 2011-05-22 13-45-32-80.jpg

Definitely won't be just like high, textures are too much for the 360 (those are ultra shots, but there's basically no difference between high and ultra for textures). Probably no great loss to most people, but god damn the textures are pretty. Mass Effect and it's shitty blurry textures can go to the corner <3

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, the armor textures probably impressed me more than anything else. Especially after playing Bioware's latest games on PC right before.

It'll be interesting to see how the port turns out, but regardless of how it looks and runs, it's a great fucking RPG.

Yeah it's the armor textures that always wow me in this game. So much detail put into them, all suits clearly look significantly different.

Vorg

Banned
Well, I don't own a pc that can run it so this is good news to me. Is my experience really going to be that different because it will have worse graphics? Seriously, why be an elitist over something like this...

acidspunk said:
Well, I don't own a pc that can run it so this is good news to me. Is my experience really going to be that different because it will have worse graphics? Seriously, why be an elitist over something like this...

If the framerate isn't choppy as shit then you'll enjoy it quite a bit. One of the best rpgs this gen easily.

acidspunk said:
It's not being an elitist, it's just the consoles cannot handle the graphics put out by this game. If they get the game running at a solid framerate it will be a great console game probably.

mileS

thetrin said:

Amir0x said:
Heh, that's a pretty major thing to be "not the same as."

Of course, it also won't be the same because the modding community won't be there. Which is just as huge as the graphics.

All it really means is they aren't making compromises as far as the way the game is structered and gameplay goes. They knew how people would react if they had just simply said "Witcher 2 coming to Xbox 360" I'm assuming most people would say something along the lines of "omg its probably going to be streamlined and changed for console babies"

As far as graphics go they explained all of that like I said earlier.

1stStrike

Banned
Bitmap Frogs said:
Anyone has a link for the GOG ea trailer?

Can't find it anywhere =/

Thanks in advance.

GOG claimed it'd be on GT after their live stream, but I've been unable to find the trailer as well. The recorded conference can be watched here so feel free to go wild. The GOG trailer is a good ways in as all the TW2 stuff came first.

reptilescorpio said:
What are the other 2 games for June? No list in the OP...

The only games they've released are the 3 I've listed in the OP. The names of any others have not been released, thus they are not in the OP since I cannot read minds and do not own a Delorian.

Edit: OP has been updated with the link to the full recorded live stream for those that missed it.

Exuro

Max said:
Really happy with those patch notes.

Hope I don't have to download 9GB on Steam again
They said they figured out an alternate way to do it through Steam so hopefully we'll be greeted to a small download tomorrow.

Hawk269

1stStrike said:
GOG claimed it'd be on GT after their live stream, but I've been unable to find the trailer as well. The recorded conference can be watched here so feel free to go wild. The GOG trailer is a good ways in as all the TW2 stuff came first.

The only games they've released are the 3 I've listed in the OP. The names of any others have not been released, thus they are not in the OP since I cannot read minds and do not own a Delorian.

Edit: OP has been updated with the link to the full recorded live stream for those that missed it.

1st Strike,

Thanks for adding the press conference. I have been part of this industry for a very long time and have watched my fair share of conferences and such and this is one of the few that you really feel that the devs are true gamers and what they do is for the gamers. It is refreshing to see such dedication.

I loved how they talked about the 360 version that it is more an adaption of the PC version and how they talk that the reason it is releasing later in the year due to them wanting to make it as best as possible...you don't hear a dev. talk like that much more. I also liked how they said that mature RPG's are lacking on consoles and how they are not shying away from that for the 360 port.

Oh and 1st Strike...what ever happened to the Guild for Rift?

LiK

Minsc said:
http://www.31012.com/images/games/11/witcher2 2011-05-21 21-37-20-81.jpg

[IMG]http://www.31012.com/images/games/11/witcher2 2011-05-22 13-45-32-80.jpg

Definitely won't be just like high, textures are too much for the 360 (those are ultra shots, but there's basically no difference between high and ultra for textures). Probably no great loss to most people, but god damn the textures are pretty. Mass Effect and it's shitty blurry textures can go to the corner <3

YOU READ MY MIND! this specific shot in the game made my jaw drop.

_Xenon_

Banned
- No quality compromise for xbox 360 - same experience as PC.
- Still looks awesome on xbox 360 according to the developers.
LOL

Anyway whoever missed this game because of PC hardware requirement should pick it up STAT. Best WRPG this generation hands down.

EDIT: Just read the 1.2 patch note and holy shit these guys are fast.

mileS

_Xenon_ said:
LOL

Anyway whoever missed this game because of PC hardware requirement should pick it up STAT. Best WRPG this generation hands down.

EDIT: Just read the 1.2 patch note and holy shit these guys are fast.

"- Still looks awesome on xbox 360 according to the developers." Because of the art they said, even with lower settings it still looks great. If they made this engine with consoles in mind as well I wouldn't count them out yet.

Top Bottom