• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Access: Darkest Dungeon |OT| Death Is The Only Promise

Not at the Nomad tier ($15), which is apparently just for when the game actually releases. Probably my fault for not reading close enough, but it's still lame.

Am I reading this wrong, or is the price going down at full release?

Price gouging during Early Access is such a misguided practice.

Chaos17

The game is UP on STEAM!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/

B88AeyOIYAAtnUn.jpg

rybrad

Am I reading this wrong, or is the price going down at full release?

Price gouging during Early Access is such a misguided practice.
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Final pricing for the game has not been determined, but the initial price will not be below Early Access list price.”
From the Early Access FAQ.

careksims

Bought! They deserve the money. I was waiting for this and I missed out on the Kickstarter. Gonna love the hell out of this.

Varvor

Soon bought!

Both my self and my brother been awaiting for this game like unfed hounds.

Wonder if hype for this game strong enough to bring it to top 10 steam games. It will give it exposure it needs.

Soon bought!

Both my self and my brother been awaiting for this game like unfed hounds.

Wonder if hype for this game strong enough to bring it to top 10 steam games. It will give it exposure it needs.

It is now on the top spot of the sales charts for me. I'm assuming it's a regional thing, which means America's Hat loves Darkest Dungeon.

Been playing the game since Friday and loving it. It's the most fully-formed Early Access game I've played, and it's surprisingly deep when it comes to party formation and skill selection. I'm a little concerned about its longevity though--already runs in the ruins feel a bit too grindy. I hope they plan to add a larger mix of monsters for each area to keep things fresh. The mechanics are really good, they just need enough content for the procedural generation to give the game the life it deserves.

Varvor

It finally dawn on me what was drawing me to this game outside of rogue like-ness. The combination of art creates an atmosphere akin to Diablo 1, it feels this damned dark and damp place with no hope and salvation.

Game play might be different but it brings out the feels....THE FEELS!

It is now on the top spot of the sales charts for me. I'm assuming it's a regional thing, which means America's Hat loves Darkest Dungeon.
Yep. Same for me.

WildZeo

Neo Member
Bought this as soon as I got home, I've been waiting for this for a while as I missed the initial kickstarter stuff.

Can't wait for the paranoia to begin!

The Foul

Holy shit this game is brutal, not in a dark souls "dying makes you learn" way, more like a "You rolled a 1 three times in a row tough shit get rekt" way. Having fun but starting to think I should wait for the full proper balanced release.

Chariot

Holy shit this game is brutal, not in a dark souls "dying makes you learn" way, more like a "You rolled a 1 three times in a row tough shit get rekt" way. Having fun but starting to think I should wait for the full proper balanced release.
You're early heroes have rather bad accuracy. You need to upgrade them, to valuable assets.

Mrbob

Will there be a soundtrack edition upgrade? Going to buy the base game for now but would like an option to upgrade to soundtrack edition in the future.

Ricker

Same...watched someone on Twitch yesterday play this and all the Miss,Miss,Dodge,Dodge,drove him,and me nuts...looked awesome otherwise though.

Good god the amount of times I've seen anything aside from a standard melee enemy and exhaled at what was going to happen.

This game does NOT fuck around. And I love it.

Been playing this since Friday and it is fantastic. I love everything about it. Especially that Narrator....holy shit he is awesome. At first I thought it might be a little too unforgiving, but after a few hours I am starting to get the hang of things.

Pro-tip: Don't forget to keep your torchlight up at all times. If you are finding you are dying a lot, make sure you are keeping your torchlight level at 75% - 100%.

Ferrio

Banned
I thought the full game would be released this week. Just think about how bummed I was hearing it was only the early access version. =/

Release date: 6+ months away...

From the sounds of it, it's hard enough that those last 2 dungeons aren't going to make much difference right now.

Varvor

So i think i got real lucky on my first play.

After doing first tutorial mission i got 7.5k gold in finding.

Redid it for second time round and only 150 gold.....what a difference.

Can you exit dungeon before beating it?

Begaria

Yes, you can exit a dungeon before completing it. It's an icon in the top left corner. However, it's not just exiting the dungeon, it's abandoning the dungeon. You'll take heavy mental stress for all characters if you leave before completing your objective. You won't get the quest Gold reward or the heirloom rewards, but if you've found loot out of chests/sacks/etc, you get to keep it.

desverger

Not at the Nomad tier ($15), which is apparently just for when the game actually releases. Probably my fault for not reading close enough, but it's still lame.

I'm in the same boat, and doesn't look like there's a way to upgrade. Oh well, suppose we'll just have to wait for the official release.

EA can't last too long, can it?

Neoweee

From the sounds of it, it's hard enough that those last 2 dungeons aren't going to make much difference right now.

Please. You could make a game that literally punches the player in the dick every hour on the hour and some guy, somewhere, would still manage to beat the game in two days.

And then come here and tell people to "Get gud".

5taquitos

I'm in the same boat, and doesn't look like there's a way to upgrade. Oh well, suppose we'll just have to wait for the official release.

EA can't last too long, can it?

I would LOVE the ability to pay $5 more to start playing now. It's going to kill me to see people playing this game for the next 6+ months while I'm watching from the sidelines.

desverger

I would LOVE the ability to pay $5 more dollars to start playing now. It's going to kill me to see people playing this game for the next 6+ months while I'm watching from the sidelines.

Yeah, exactly my feels. I know they're a small dev, so an account system with all the KS backer data and the ability to upgrade your pledge is out of their reach.. But it still sucks :p

Anyone with a 4k monitor here? Full-screen in-game only gives me 1/4 of the screen. Windowed mode only goes to 1080. =/

Edit: Really enjoying the game. I've not ever played anything quite like it before. Absolutely love the art and music. So good!

Corsick

How long does treatment last at the Tavern? I'm wondering when I'll have my heroes back. I'm also not sure what the difference is between the Abbey and the Tavern in regards to treating stress.

Top Bottom