• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 2025 |OT| "I heard this game had a lot of bugs."

Once in 2017, I got smashed so hard under a dying Hector (I think it was) that my Storm 1 was crushed THROUGH THE FLOOR. He started to fall infiniately...

"OH NO! I'VE FALLEN THOURHG THE WORLD, and CAN'T... !?!?!"

Somehow, he fell so far, that he actually fell BACK into the world FROM THE SKY, right where he was crushed from. I kinda just stood there for a moment, and my brother and I just laughed.

If only those were the days of "Xbox, Record that!"

The Ragdoll example up there just brings back similar memories. As long as getting thrown cross country is an exception, and not a rule, I think I'll enjoy insane-o-ragdoll every once in a while. Exactly the kind of campy Jankiness I love.
Ha ha, I saw a glitch in 2025 first hand where a ranger swam into a small pond and fell through the world and on top of a skyscraper he otherwise wouldn't be able to get to!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ha ha, I saw a glitch in 2025 first hand where a ranger swam into a small pond and fell through the world and on top of a skyscraper he otherwise wouldn't be able to get to!

"I heard this game had a lot of bugs."

Wohoo, they come in all types! Good to see the Ravengers have a few types that are made for make us laugh, as well as try to brutally kill us!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Once in 2017, I got smashed so hard under a dying Hector (I think it was) that my Storm 1 was crushed THROUGH THE FLOOR. He started to fall infiniately...

"OH NO! I'VE FALLEN THOURHG THE WORLD, and CAN'T... !?!?!"

Somehow, he fell so far, that he actually fell BACK into the world FROM THE SKY, right where he was crushed from. I kinda just stood there for a moment, and my brother and I just laughed.

If only those were the days of "Xbox, Record that!"

The Ragdoll example up there just brings back similar memories. As long as getting thrown cross country is an exception, and not a rule, I think I'll enjoy insane-o-ragdoll every once in a while. Exactly the kind of campy Jankiness I love.

Dont worry you will fall through the floor again among other things. The ragdoll stuff the problem is the game wont allow you to stand up sometimes unless it thinks your character is totally neutral and if its bouncing around on the ground / vibrating etc its not going to reset the animation to allow you to get back up. Which can be pretty maddening at times.

It happens more with the heavy unit than the standard foot soldiers.

ieLF681CXoR9r.gif

I had that happen to me before lol cept was the heavy unit and got launched all the way out into the ocean. Took forever to "attempt" to get back then got killed. Wouldnt be an EDF game any other way~

I actually like that choice, it gives a reason for multiple playthroughs, the air raider not being able to handle certain heavy weapons, and the trooper not hacving the technical know how to mess with turrets makes sense, and of courase the wingdivers energy weapions. Its creating a deeper lore I think.

I mainly used the Fencer most of the time with the melee centric weapons. Some of the best shit was boosting around in the middle of the mess pile bunkering everything in sight. Always wanted a more melee centric unit in the game and 2025 gave that to me :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Dont worry you will fall through the floor again among other things. The ragdoll stuff the problem is the game wont allow you to stand up sometimes unless it thinks your character is totally neutral and if its bouncing around on the ground / vibrating etc its not going to reset the animation to allow you to get back up. Which can be pretty maddening at times.

It happens more with the heavy unit than the standard foot soldiers.

Cool, think I can deal with that easily, haha. Can laugh that off without issue, especially in splitscreen. Surprised it happens MORE with the heavies!

I mainly used the Fencer most of the time with the melee centric weapons. Some of the best shit was boosting around in the middle of the mess pile bunkering everything in sight. Always wanted a more melee centric unit in the game and 2025 gave that to me :D

As a believer in "Melee Is the Right Way", I fully support this ideal.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cool, think I can deal with that easily, haha. Can laugh that off without issue, especially in splitscreen. Surprised it happens MORE with the heavies!

As a believer in "Melee Is the Right Way", I fully support this ideal.

I think its just due to the character model maybe and what Im equipped with perhaps. Since Im usually running around with the massive pile drivers as can use a particular one to boost even faster to traverse the map quickly as the unit itself is slow as hell. If you have friends with you its not that big of an issue, but in SP when you have a good run in a high difficulty only to be defeated by ragdoll physics makes one go D:

You will need to unlock the pile driver that has boosters on it. You can use that and the suits normal boost and repeat the pattern over and over again till the weapon has to reload to quickly move around the map. Takes a bit of practice but works wonders.

There was another method but forgot what it was. Oh yeah here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUCHH6ODvXY

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
(O.O) - Haha, I've avoided watching too many vids of this, but crazy WatariDash-A-Like had my attention. Was that one pure shot / reload trickery, or was it a glitch?

Looks like good times, either way.

eastx

Can't wait for this. I've had the Japanese Xbox 360 version since launch. It's such a long game I never finished it, but I loved every moment.

With being able to understand more of the game (and especially the online mode), I'm going to make sure to beat the American version at least a few times. :)

MrDaravon

I still have fond memories of picking up EDF 2017 at my local Gamestop, we got literally the only copy they received. It's a strong memory for me because I got married on that day, and then afterwards we went to get that lol. SotN came out on XBLA the same day, which is how I remember my anniversary >_>. There's a chance I may be let go from my job on Monday on Tuesday, does it make me a terrible person that there is a small part of me that hopes that happens so I can just play this game?

Best Buy does not have an "in store pickup" like all their other games, so they might not be getting any.

Oof. Sounds about right based on past releases. At least there's digital options this time around on PS3 presumably, if not both.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks Normalmode, wanted a way to sneak a peak at some of the US Voice Cast. Sounds like they do the expectations from 2017 justice, so I am happy.

"A 5 minute showcase of gameplay from the Xbox One version of Earth Defense Force 2025"

YES PLEASE! XD If they just ported the current game and somehow made it run at a locked 60 fps framerate, that'd be enough of a spectacle for me to buy again, lol.

eastx

YES PLEASE! XD If they just ported the current game and somehow made it run at a locked 60 fps framerate, that'd be enough of a spectacle for me to buy again, lol.

That would be great because they could easily add 4-player splitscreen. Local would be so awesome with that many people.

Really, I just hope they start on a next-gen version soon - and don't scale back on content. Keep all the good stuff from 2025 but add more and make it prettier and smoother.

Kyoufu

Really, I just hope they start on a next-gen version soon - and don't scale back on content. Keep all the good stuff from 2025 but add more and make it prettier and smoother.

Already underway. I wonder what the framerate will be like.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The PS3 version shows the PSN logo on the official website so I imagine it's a day 1 digital game just like it was in Japan.

Excellent, I hope it's digital in Europe as well. Would be very interested in having this on my drive. Might even be able to share it with a friend then for coop....

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm starting to worry a little. I got release-day shipping from Amazon (two-day shipping, technically), and it still hasn't shipped yet. Anyone have their Amazon order ship yet?

Yeah, looking at your archive it looks pretty rough.

I mean, it's EDF so I expect that, but I really want to see a direct 360-PS3 framerate comparison on digital foundry or something to see just how much of a difference there is.
Kanye west: Digital foundrey does not care about EDF!

Tizoc

As per this week's US PS Blog Drop the game will be available digitally by this coming Wednesday.
GET EFFIN' HYPE!

EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

I'm starting to worry a little. I got release-day shipping from Amazon (two-day shipping, technically), and it still hasn't shipped yet. Anyone have their Amazon order ship yet?

Mine shipped from Amazon yesterday. Although in this case "shipped" means it's sitting in a warehouse in Atlanta until tonight.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Wow, just looking at some of the videos it's hard to believe how much better 2025 looks compared to 2017. The detail and complexity of the Ravagers, the animations (I love the way the carriers transform), the textures; everything has been vastly improved.

And best of all, the health and armor pickups are 3d models instead of 2d icons!

Although they still look the same on your mini-map. :(

As per this week's US PS Blog Drop the game will be available digitally by this coming Wednesday.
GET EFFIN' HYPE!

EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

Ha Ha, I can picture and hear Steven Universe being excited for something of this caliber,
I'm just happy the dub is campy and B-teir as ever!

EDF EDF EDF EDF!

MrDaravon

I didn't know this, there will apparently be launch day DLC, and we know dates of the two packs after that?

http://www.destructoid.com/earth-defense-force-2025-lands-february-18-269328.phtml

The first downloadable expansion for EDF 2025, "Special Ops," will also arrive on launch day, offering five additional missions for $2.99. Two more mission packs, "Mutant Rampage" and "Beyond Despair," release on February 25 and March 11, respectively, each containing 20 more missions a piece, priced at $8.99. D3 Publisher has additionally stated that these packs will be made available in a bundle at an unspecified date.

I ain't even mad, I just had no idea we had dates for this stuff.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
"Launch Day DLC" for a game that's been out for MONTHS isn't all that bad.

So, I know these have been talked about in this thread some; what do they entail? Is it just remixes of maps already in the game, or are they actually new maps?

Any new enemies? Weapons? Voicework? Costumes?

The premium-ish price for the DLC raises my expectations... I wouldn't expect EDF DLC to be asking for the kind of prices as a Fallout or Borderlands.

Top Bottom