• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 2025 |OT| "I heard this game had a lot of bugs."

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've not played them but I've heard good things about the DLC missions from when they were released in Japan. Supposed to contain some good mixes of the newer monsters.

Subxero

After watching a few of the Ops videos I decided to order a 360 copy. I've never played any of these before but it looks fun.

"Launch Day DLC" for a game that's been out for MONTHS isn't all that bad.

So, I know these have been talked about in this thread some; what do they entail? Is it just remixes of maps already in the game, or are they actually new maps?

Any new enemies? Weapons? Voicework? Costumes?

The premium-ish price for the DLC raises my expectations... I wouldn't expect EDF DLC to be asking for the kind of prices as a Fallout or Borderlands.

It has a few new enemies,
golden ants and metal jumping spiders
, there's one stage that's full of supersized enemies, as well, I watched an air raider just call in a missile strike and smoke a good portion of them..it was glorious.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Any word on reviews yet? Twitter seems pretty silent on it.

Honestly this is a series that's pretty much review proof. Read what other fans of EDF have to say about IF you are a fan of the series. If you are new to it, go into with an open mind knowing that it's low budget, has framerate problems and isn't a looker but when you are firing a huge fuckin rocket into a screen full of ants it's a joy to behold.

Ishmae1

Watching recent videos of people that have never experienced a real EDF game before is hilarious. Typically they start with "huh" or "meh", go to "OK" after 10 minutes, and then after 20 minutes it's the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" type response.

So much win. Can't wait.

culafia

Honestly this is a series that's pretty much review proof. Read what other fans of EDF have to say about IF you are a fan of the series. If you are new to it, go into with an open mind knowing that it's low budget, has framerate problems and isn't a looker but when you are firing a huge fuckin rocket into a screen full of ants it's a joy to behold.

Oh, I love 2017 and am excited for 2025. I'm asking whether codes/copies have even went out for
personal reasons

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've not played them but I've heard good things about the DLC missions from when they were released in Japan. Supposed to contain some good mixes of the newer monsters.

It has a few new enemies,
golden ants and metal jumping spiders
, there's one stage that's full of supersized enemies, as well, I watched an air raider just call in a missile strike and smoke a good portion of them..it was glorious.

Hmmm, sounds pretty decent, then. Thanks guys! Works out good for me, thanks to Best Buy's 20% off new game purchases + Reward Zone credit, even after buying the DLC, I'd still come out at a few dollars short of a regular retail release+tax, which is pretty awesome.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
is it too much to buy 2017 for vita for the road, and 2025 for ps3 for the house?

I just have so many good memories of edf :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
is it too much to buy 2017 for vita for the road, and 2025 for ps3 for the house?

I just have so many good memories of edf :(

NOPE! And buy it now, while it's still on Sale (at least in the US, YMMV in other regions).

I did the exact same, and I'm enjoying going through 2017 again, and seeing a lot of weapon additions that hint towards the full classes we see in 2025 (such as weapons that slow you down, but have high attack power, or weapons made specifically for co-op play.)

That would be great because they could easily add 4-player splitscreen. Local would be so awesome with that many people.

Really, I just hope they start on a next-gen version soon - and don't scale back on content. Keep all the good stuff from 2025 but add more and make it prettier and smoother.

I missed that. But it's only announced for Playstation 4? The Xbox One needs love too...

Haha, the days of 4p Split parties return! It would be quite something to see that running perfectly in such a way, might be a very unique visual overload.

I do hope EDF "next gen" comes to XB1, at least in the US. They seem pretty good about spreading the series to as many consoles as they can since 2017, so I'm hopeful.

Watching recent videos of people that have never experienced a real EDF game before is hilarious. Typically they start with "huh" or "meh", go to "OK" after 10 minutes, and then after 20 minutes it's the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" type response.

So much win. Can't wait.

Ha ha, i've been doing the same..the only thing bothering me are the people ignoring the new weapons they pic up, its like they've forgotten how to compare damage and range etc, they just stick with the default..for now..

Any word on performance between 360 and ps3? I'm picking this up tomorrow for 360 unless ps3 is better.

360, the engine was made for the 360, the PS3 has more framerate issues and slightly worse visuals, there's supposed to be a patch for the PS3 version, don't know if it comes built in or whether its download, but if you have a choice, 360 all the way.

Jrs3000

360, the engine was made for the 360, the PS3 has more framerate issues and slightly worse visuals, there's supposed to be a patch for the PS3 version, don't know if it comes built in or whether its download, but if you have a choice, 360 all the way.

Sweet. EDF:IA tired me out at the end, they had to much grinding and bullet sponges in it with limted enemy types. Hopefully this gives me my fix i've needed since 2017.

On the PS3 performance, watching some streams of the US release seems to suggest that at the very least the performance patch is already included. At least on single screen it looks to perform about like the 360 version of 2017, if not better. This will actually work well enough, because I have 2 PS3s so co-op will be interesting.

bronk

Banned
My Amazon order hasnt shipped and I should have it tomorrow. If I dont get it tomorrow im gonna rage.

EDF!!! EDF!!! EDF!!!

Daigoro

mine is on its way from Amazon as well. already redeemed my Ranger Pack code.

probably wont arrive until im in bed before work tomorrow, so i prob wont get to play until Wed morning.

cant wait to get back to killing some bugs on 360!

bronk

Banned
mine is on its way from Amazon as well. already redeemed my Ranger Pack code.

probably wont arrive until im in bed before work tomorrow, so i prob wont get to play until Wed morning.

cant wait to get back to killing some bugs on 360!
Did u get code in email or something? I havent got anything.

On the PS3 performance, watching some streams of the US release seems to suggest that at the very least the performance patch is already included. At least on single screen it looks to perform about like the 360 version of 2017, if not better. This will actually work well enough, because I have 2 PS3s so co-op will be interesting.
This is good news, thanks for the headsup on performance.

Here is my video review and yes on PS3, the framerate can be atrocious. Still awesome fun for EDF fans. Also those spiders with the webs. Sucks when you get caught in one thru a building and can't see the spider to kill it and get loose. GRRRR

Here is my video review and yes on PS3, the framerate can be atrocious. Still awesome fun for EDF fans. Also those spiders with the webs. Sucks when you get caught in one thru a building and can't see the spider to kill it and get loose. GRRRR
Watching now!
Although leveling the entire city to get to that spider is for the good of all mankind.

Watching now!
Although leveling the entire city to get to that spider is for the good of all mankind.

Yeah. LOL. True that. Some of the things on screen are HUGEEEEE!!!! I'd like to know for sure if 360 version framerate is better, if so might have to switch versions.

my GS only received 4 copies between 360 & PS3. So I assume other store allotments will be similar. So good luck hunting you might need it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
AHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S ALMOST TIME

I haven't been this hype for a game in a long time. I haven't played a real (non-IA) EDF since EDF2. I'm SO READY for this.

"Did you have some lunch today?"

"Impossible!"

I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Then I shot my Stingray M4 and a fellow soldier ran in front of me killing the final bug.....

My love/hate of EDF continues....

MrDaravon

God fucking damn it, the weather here has delayed Gamestop's shipments, they don't have it yet and not sure if it's even coming in today or not. I am going to be so goddamn pissed if they don't get it today, today is my only real day to play :(

Heads up for anyone in Europe. If you are willing to shell out some extra cash to get it a few days early, then it's out on the marketplace on Xbox 360 already. I don't know if it's on PSN as well.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is the performance consensus? The 360 frame rate is much better than PS3, even after the performance patch?

angelic

Banned
Absolutely fuming at the Eurogamer review. Commission total non-fan of the series to cover it who then spits out hideous editorial, with not a single comment on the actual game itself, and slaps a 5/10 on it.

Totally outraged and annoyed.

So close to just pasting in the full text to prevent them getting hits, but still a newbie here so i'll not do that.

Furious.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Picking up my copy after work in a few hours. Will be playing on 360 if anyone wants to add me my gt is purg3.

Top Bottom