• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East coast GAF - Winter storm hitting tonight into Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

I was a chump and drove over 30 miles into work (I'm on Long Island). We're closing at 2, but the LIE was already a shitshow this morning, so I'm dreading the drive home.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is New England right now:

LM6qBMg.jpg

BkMogul

Nothing too bad so far here in Queens. There'll be a big meltdown over the weekend so I'm not overly concerned. Good thing I took the train to work today.

Got sent home early from work. Probably shouldn't have went into work, coming back was hellish.

Now I'm just making teriyaki chicken in my slow cooker and watching Giant Bomb Quick Looks. Today is a hiding day.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Down here in downtown silver springs md.... It looked like nothing whatsoever around 9am and then I walked out of the hotel around downtown and everything is closed ... Things to do here? Anyone?

Getting dumped on here in Arlington, VA. I live across the street so naturally I had to come to work, plus I'm IT and considered "essential personnel." Funny, the rest of my team isn't here and there are a total of maybe two people in the entire department around. I guess they're not "essential" like me.

Gives me some quiet time to get a bunch of shit done though, and I have nice views from my spot.

Took this slow-mo video as well. This is not in reverse. Earlier there were some crazy swirling winds sending the snow back where it came from:

1weuem.gif

Oppo

what's it like in Boston now? about to fly in.

don't see any delays so I assume all is good, but they are asking for people to bump from flights to Newark.

JCizzle

Getting dumped on here in Arlington, VA. I live across the street so naturally I had to come to work, plus I'm IT and considered "essential personnel." Funny, the rest of my team isn't here and there are a total of maybe two people in the entire department around. I guess they're not "essential" like me.

Gives me some quiet time to get a bunch of shit done though, and I have nice views from my spot.

Took this slow-mo video as well. This is not in reverse. Earlier there were some crazy swirling winds sending the snow back where it came from:

1weuem.gif

Fuck, do you work in the building with Chipotle in it? Hard to tell from that view. Jealous.

Damn a plane skidded off the runway and crashed into a fence this morning at La Guardia Airport. Thankfully everyone iss safe. I would be scared to fly today.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Damn a plane skidded off the runway and crashed into a fence this morning at La Guardia Airport. Thankfully everyone iss safe. I would be scared to fly today.

I've got a friend who is flying from AZ to NYC today, not sure what airport, but I hope he gets here ok.

Still coming down pretty bad in NJ.

5-6 inches so far in Gaithersburg, Maryland and still snowing.

2iIyTZJ.jpg

I put tarps over our cars so I don't have to scrape them off. This year I put tarps on the driveway, too (I didn't do this for the last snowfall and got bitched at for not shoveling).

spyder_ur

what's it like in Boston now? about to fly in.

don't see any delays so I assume all is good, but they are asking for people to bump from flights to Newark.

Not even snowing here. Seems so weird that after this whole winter this big storm is just going to kind of miss us.

Also...these pictures are nothing.

Zona

You have a pool. How useful.

I've been teasing my friends from LI (where we all grew up). Trying to get them to move down here to crazy FL.

Yes it's a cold and snowy winter here, but soon it will be summer whereas Florida will still be crazy.

On a side note I've still seen no sign of a plow. Did shovel the driveway and cleaned off my car however. I'm even thinking of braving the god awful roads to go to the mall, I have a gift card and some cloths I've been meaning to buy.

I usually don't mind having Jury Duty but if I have to go out in this bullshit tomorrow then I will be none too pleased, especially because I'll probably get dismissed at Noon like the last 3 times.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
We had around 8-10 inches here in south-central KY. Over the past few weeks we've had close to 20 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom