• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huber needs a green screen for his show with various battleship interiors
Okay, that's kind of random.

Also, unless he goes with fictional stuff, that's going to be super boring. I've been on plenty of Navy ships and believe me, they're nowhere near as cool as you'd think.

Rockk

Man it sucks that they missed the Nintendo news for the podcast. Hopefully they can do some video about it before next weeks podcast.

El-Suave

It takes hours upon hours to edit those kinds of videos alone. It's a lot to ask of someone to relinquish their computer for that long.

That's why I keep saying they should be open to do a Google hangout once in a while, not regularly of course and short. Easier to do than a stream, no editing and the news talk wouldn't be lost in a multi hour stream conversation. Many people don't watch livestreams for various reasons. Or they could make it a point to talk about stuff like this for the first few minutes of a regular stream so you don't have to watch the whole thing, searching for it.
Edit: They could also patch in Damiani in a hangout and have his perspective - which would be very interesting for Nintendo news.
Edit2: I see your reply was on Kyle's situation, that's different of course and nobody can expect a fullly produced Bosman show for stuff like this.

sora87

Okay, that's kind of random.

Also, unless he goes with fictional stuff, that's going to be super boring. I've been on plenty of Navy ships and believe me, they're nowhere near as cool as you'd think.

Lol it's because he had a dream about reviewing a game on a battleship

-shadow-

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kyle did a new video on the subject on his own. Because man this is a mess...

Edit: No PC? Well when he's able to I guess!

wiibomb

They got REALLY unlucky with the timing

not only them.. Kinda Funny uploaded the third part of their podcast today specifically with NX Rumors.

I believe they need to keep up a little with how the companies move, we knew from months ago that news would pop up from the Investors meeting.. well, in fact some news always happen to some degree in the investor meetings, they should always be aware of these type of stealth events and prepare for them

Brandon Jones on Frame Trap was great, except for one part that really irritated me.

Firstly his "Game of Thrones is the best adaptation of anything ever" statement. And then his reasoning behind it, "Go watch Mary Poppins, and I'll watch Game of Thrones and we'll see who gets bored first."

WHAT?! Game of Thrones is better than Mary Poppins because there is more of it? Better than The Godfather, or The Shining, or...I mean I could go on and on.

What would you rather, Jones? A shot of whisky or a bottle of cat piss?

PepperedHam

Brandon Jones on Frame Trap was great, except for one part that really irritated me.

Firstly his "Game of Thrones is the best adaptation of anything ever" statement. And then his reasoning behind it, "Go watch Mary Poppins, and I'll watch Game of Thrones and we'll see who gets bored first."

WHAT?! Game of Thrones is better than Mary Poppins because there is more of it? Better than The Godfather, or The Shining, or...I mean I could go on and on.

I get maybe not thinking Thrones is on par with those other adaptations but did you just compare to... a bottle of cat piss?

wiibomb

it's his opinion, if you don't like it, it's fine, but don't get irritated because of it.

It only shows how much he likes the show, period.

Tankard

Obviously I was being a little facetious with that comment...

Game of Thrones a better adaptation than Justified? Nope!

In my opinion and Brandon's yes it is, it is what is called, an opinion, if you get irritated by any opinion that is not shared by you then that's a problem with you, not him.

You guys seem to be missing my point. His opinion that Game of Thrones is the best adaptation isn't what truly annoyed me (I like Game of Thrones, the books and the show are very good).

My annoyance comes from his reasoning behind the opinion. He thinks Game of Thrones is the greatest adaptation because there is more Game of Thrones than most any other adaptation.

"You'll get bored of one Mary Poppins film before I get bored of 6 seasons of Game of Thrones" is a ridiculous argument.

Vinc

You guys seem to be missing my point. His opinion that Game of Thrones is the best adaptation isn't what truly annoyed me (I like Game of Thrones, the books and the show are very good).

My annoyance comes from his reasoning behind the opinion. He thinks Game of Thrones is the greatest adaptation because there is more Game of Thrones than most any other adaptation.

"You'll get bored of one Mary Poppins film before I get bored of 6 seasons of Game of Thrones" is a ridiculous argument.

I don't disagree that the argument is a little weak to me, but I think he meant that adaptations of long-form material work better if they remain long-form instead of being presented in severely cut-down versions.

Karu

Where the hell are we guys? BOOM Tabletop Esca.... eh... LOST

Episode started mundane, but the second half starting with Ian's Arc was superb. Really entertaining and tense.

I don't disagree that the argument is a little weak to me, but I think he meant that adaptations of long-form material work better if they remain long-form instead of being presented in severely cut-down versions.
I thin DD's Hat is right on this one, otherwise him prefering GoT opposed to Mary Poppins solely based on length (while admitting Poppins is "perfect") wouldn't make sense. His argument was not based on his natural preferences, but the fact that he gets "more" from GoT in the long run, which is - imo - pretty stupid and akin to "The Order 1886 or game X is shit, because it is only 2/4/6 hours long". At the very least his phrasinhg was very poor and counter-productive to his argument, which ever one he tried to make in the end.

Tankard

I may not agree with his reasoning for reaching the conclusion of why GOT is the best adaptation, but that doesn't change his opinion, and i can also see his point of view...i guess it all comes down to the same conversation going on a lot recently on video games about game's length vs. money spent vs. fun.

Let me offer you a t-shirt;

1,width=800,height=800,appearanceId=1,version=1458756437.png

=)

Lol it's because he had a dream about reviewing a game on a battleship
Well, if he wants to do it (which would be kinda hard, since IIRC, all the museum battleship museums aren't in California), he should do it on the outside, because that's where the good views are.

Zomba13

Bugger. I really wanted to see a Huber action figure production.

So what is it Kyle has to do again? Was it another stand up? But this time it has to be completely original? No crappy animal jokes off of the Internet.

Yeah. I was looking forward to Huber happy toy time. I feel Kyle will somehow find a loophole and wriggle out of this bet again.

ito007

Oh man, TTE Spoilers?
Huber's going to have to re-roll because of that foot, isn't he?
This is a loose thread the party really needs to fix lol. I kinda forgot, do these guys even have a healing/cure wounds type spell? Does it even technically help with infections?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's an audio podcast version of Tabletop Escapades? Awesome! I can finally listen to it during my commute, hope I don't start laughing while on a train like I did with Tabletop Adventures.

UrbanRats

In my opinion and Brandon's yes it is, it is what is called, an opinion, if you get irritated by any opinion that is not shared by you then that's a problem with you, not him.
Opinion can be discussed.
His reasoning for why GoT is better than others, wasn't very convincing.
He can still prefer the GoT adaptation to many others, but we can still debate the argument he brought forward.

--
This episode of tabletop got good in the second half.
In the first half, it seems like Ben was the only one really interested in describing their actions, they were probably a bit tired, i assume, and Kyle got somewhat annoying with his trolling ( i usually like it, but it wasn't really bouncing off Brad well, so he probably should've toned it down sooner).
Thankfully, in the second half things got more on track again.

Loved Ben's (fair) cruelty towards Law's infected foot.
The real Dark Souls starts here!

Also, Ian, if you want to say my creature is like one out of Bloodborne, you can say it. ;)

Zanzura

Nioh stream was entertaining as hell, at least for the last hour that I caught. Ben got so hyped, so many tense moments. Now twitch chat is wondering why the hell he deleted the demo, lol.

Nioh stream was entertaining as hell, at least for the last hour that I caught. Ben got so hyped, so many tense moments. Now twitch chat is wondering why the hell he deleted the demo, lol.

Wait what?! I missed the last half hour to 45 minutes. I thought he loved it, what happened?

Zanzura

Wait what?! I missed the last half hour to 45 minutes. I thought he loved it, what happened?

I dunno, you can watch the last 2 minutes of the broadcast. He just deletes it while telling Brandon how to get the demo. Chat was confused because he said earlier that he loved the demo, would give it 5 stars and all that.

I dunno, you can watch the last 2 minutes of the broadcast. He just deletes it while telling Brandon how to get the demo. Chat was confused because he said earlier that he loved the demo, would give it 5 stars and all that.

Did I delete the demo? ...if so that was unintentional.

SeanTSC

Did I delete the demo? ...if so that was unintentional.

Oh you deleted it so hard Ben. It was kinda really weird.

Also make sure you at least beat the boss of the first level (there's two levels) before the Alpha is over, because it gets you an item for when the game releases. It's tied to your PSN account and has you go to the PSN store from the game and "buy" a DLC item, basically.

Oh you deleted it so hard Ben. It was kinda really weird.

Also make sure you at least beat the boss of the first level (there's two levels) before the Alpha is over, because it gets you an item for when the game releases. It's tied to your PSN account and has you go to the PSN store from the game and "buy" a DLC item, basically.

I cannot believe I did this. WHY? Ugh.

Heartfyre

I think the reason that some of the TE episodes have been a bit slow is because of a lot of hesitancy on the players' part. Not that I blame them, considering they've been really unlucky on certain rolls and have been punished appropriately, but that caution does slow it down quite a bit. Case in point, rather than #LarsHasGrain, we're looking at #LawHasGangrene.

Looking forward to catching up with Ni-Oh and the podcast today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom