• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i'm unsubscribing from this thread and going to enjoy EZA in blissful unawareness of the entitlement people feel in here. bye y'all

Love you EZA, you're the best in the biz. Please don't let the people in this thread and I'm sure other places from ruining the good vibes you all bring.

Love & respect

Burt

I genuinely think a Battleborn stream would be dull for everyone involved. The game clearly isn't bad or broken, it's just not to most of the guys taste. I think the novelty of "Lol, we're playing Battlebore" would run out pretty quick; listening to "U mad bro?" over and over again.

Yeah, I learned this lesson after Space Chimps. Getting a bad game in there might be a funny thought, but you're still just sticking yourself with a bad game.

Tankard

yeah i'm unsubscribing from this thread and going to enjoy EZA in blissful unawareness of the entitlement people feel in here. bye y'all

Love you EZA, you're the best in the biz. Please don't let the people in this thread and I'm sure other places from ruining the good vibes you all bring.

Love & respect

It's your second or third meltdown and you are still here. Some people will come with valid concerns, with valid questioning as the EZA fan who is asking about the goal that stated a second weekly podcast that came to be fortnightly, it's valid to question that although you and i don't care.

If you are way this sensitive like this, maybe yeah, you should not return. That's what i did to the PS I love you thread when i thought it got too toxic.

Hasney

So anyway...

Brandon is making me want RDR to be backwards compatible on XB1 like yesterday, although I am thinking E3 as a pre-order bonus for RDR2. They need to stop having this effect on me, even the bad games seem like a good time. I'm one trophy off an RE6 platinum.

Battleborns adverts in the UK are so bad that I don't even want to see people mocking it, but I don't know the other two games, so may just vote for whichever one is beating Battleborn.

UrbanRats

Love & respect
Dude, you gotta relax.
You go on with this attitufe every time someone points out something.
Nobody here is anything but a huge fan of yhe EZA folks, no need to get upset every time.

But hey, it's a free world.

So anyway...

Brandon is making me want RDR to be backwards compatible on XB1 like yesterday, although I am thinking E3 as a pre-order bonus for RDR2. They need to stop having this effect on me, even the bad games seem like a good time. I'm one trophy off an RE6 platinum.

Battleborns adverts in the UK are so bad that I don't even want to see people mocking it, but I don't know the other two games, so may just vote for whichever one is beating Battleborn.

Every day I feel like going back to the RDR game I started a year ago on my PS3, but man, the image quality is so damn rough on that console. Sub 720p, QAA, less detail. I guess having played it on the 360 before (and turning it into one of my favorite games of all time) and knowing that it can look and run better really annoys me. Now that Hyper Light Drifter is out, RDR 2 is probably my most anticipated game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I think my biggest complaint with EZA so far is the content is incredibly bunched up on Tuesday and Wednesday. As a patron, the podcast, Cup of Jones, Tabletop, and Frame Trap often go up in a 2-3 day block and then theres nothing for the rest of the week. Obviously its my fault for then consuming all that content like a rabid animal, but still would like to see it spread out a little. Would help with their social media as well if things settle and become very specific days only and no sliding all into mid-week.

Ians thing has been incredibly hit and miss for me as well. The Bosman FatBurger ep was great, but without a natural "show wrangler" on as a guest, it feels too directionless.

Hasney

I think my biggest complaint with EZA so far is the content is incredibly bunched up on Tuesday and Wednesday. As a patron, the podcast, Cup of Jones, Tabletop, and Frame Trap often go up in a 2-3 day block and then theres nothing for the rest of the week.

Ians thing has been incredibly hit and miss for me as well. The Bosman FatBurger ep was great, but without a natural "show wrangler" on as a guest, it feels too directionless.

Monday - Cup of Jones & Frame Trap (every other week)
Tuesday - Nothing (Brandon Plays Pokemon temporarily)
Wednesday - Tabletop & Podcast for some people
Thursday - Huber Syndrome
Friday - Podcast for everyone
Saturday - Easy Update

If anything, Tuesday is the only day with nothing and if you're in the UK like me, Tabletop and the backer day of the podcast are on different days anyway with the podcast not hitting until the early hours of Thursday.

Just remember, there's still a Don show to go up too.

It's your second or third meltdown and you are still here. Some people will come with valid concerns, with valid questioning as the EZA fan who is asking about the goal that stated a second weekly podcast that came to be fortnightly, it's valid to question that although you and i don't care.

If you are way this sensitive like this, maybe yeah, you should not return. That's what i did to the PS I love you thread when i thought it got too toxic.

I'm actually not still here. I haven't been on this thread in quite a while if you check my posts. Every time I do it's the same damn thing.

UrbanRats

Alright then.
Anyway, watched Easy Update.
I liked this more than the other developer episode, because it felt less random, and Feep seems like a fun guy to hang with.

Tankard

I'm actually not still here. I haven't been on this thread in quite a while if you check my posts. Every time I do it's the same damn thing.

Maybe that's the problem, so far this is one of the best communities you can have but you need to separate what is fair criticism, fair discussions from toxic opinions. Saying you are not enjoying something one or a couple of them are doing and explaining so is ok, complaining as a patron that some goal says one thing and it is not exactly being delivered that way is valid, it is his right. Offending people's choices for their name of Easy Allies and calling someone lazy is not constructive.

You can stay and enjoy the community talking about their daily shows and try to have a ticker skin when it comes to criticism, just a thought.

Hasney

Alright then.
Anyway, watched Easy Update.
I liked this more than the other developer episode, because it felt less random, and Feep seems like a fun guy to hang with.

Only Easy Update could put out a show where it randomly cuts to clips of the guest doing things be less random than a previous episode <3.

Kasper

I know Cup of Jones is supposed to be Monday, but has it come out Monday at any point as of yet? Not complaining, just wondering.

mishakoz

I know Cup of Jones is supposed to be Monday, but has it come out Monday at any point as of yet? Not complaining, just wondering.

It has hit monday before, even midday.

This is one thing I wish they could improve on in general. I love that tabletop is at Noon on wednesday, every wednesday. Every other show? Its kind of whenever. I know things happen, and I think Brandon said before, some exports don't take or whatever. I think a lot of people like consistent timing, i know one thing I appreciate about CinemaSins is that his shows are up every tuesday and thursday around 9am, very consistently.

Zanzura

It seems to come out late at night, at least for me since I'm on the east coast. Sometimes it comes out well past midnight but technically still Monday for people on the west coast.

Hasney

It has hit monday before, even midday.

This is one thing I wish they could improve on in general. I love that tabletop is at Noon on wednesday, every wednesday. Every other show? Its kind of whenever. I know things happen, and I think Brandon said before, some exports don't take or whatever. I think a lot of people like consistent timing, i know one thing I appreciate about CinemaSins is that his shows are up every tuesday and thursday around 9am, very consistently.

Yeah, shows taped in advance go up on a schedule so Huber Syndrome has been up pretty consistently as well as Tabletop as they're filmed in batches. Cup of Jones is filmed on Monday then Brandon just works on getting it out for the rest of the day.

ito007

Who knows, they might really enjoy their time with battleborn. This is probably as close to a traditional MOBA as they will stream so I hope this vote holds up.

Who knows, they might really enjoy their time with battleborn. This is probably as close to a traditional MOBA as they will stream so I hope this vote holds up.

Serious question, do people want us to stream MOBAs more? Every time I did so at GT it was usually met with heavy disdain or disinterest.

EDIT: Heavy might be overdoing it. My bad.

Zanzura

Serious question, do people want us to stream MOBAs more? Every time I did so at GT it was usually met with heavy disdain or disinterest.

Despite understanding what's going on in most MOBAs, I generally find it really boring to watch compared to... almost anything else.

Umibozu

Less MOBAs for me if anything, but if the easy allies community wants it then more I guess.

Edit: would like jrpgs more though :p

wiibomb

please no, they are kinda boring to watch, may be because of it's extensive play sessions to get anything.

but as a disgusting casual newcomer I'm still hungry to see you play Hearthstone :)

EDIT: jrpgs are nice too, I think you said you wanted to stream Bravely Second

No, not really. There's so many other genres and specific games that are more interesting.

It'd be cool if you'd do an XCOM 2 mod showcase stream though.I've seen some good lists floating around, but people don't really get how mods can improve the game without seeing gameplay.

Honestly, whatever you're into. If the streamer is enjoying the game, the stream is a lot more watchable (Dumb Game Monday is the exception).

The Hearthstone streams have been a good example of that. I've never played a tabletop card game, or watched one. I don't really know much about what's going on either - but when you bleed enthusiasm (opening legendary cards), it spills over onto the viewers. I'd rather watch someone having fun with a MOBA than not enjoying a game that the community at large loves.

So yeah, play what you love.

cm osi

i dunno, my view on mobas is that there are 2 mobas, and the rest has pretty much short life. it's not a genre that pick my interest but if many people likes them keep streaming. i guess your only answer will be the view count

No please.

More JRPGs, less
or not at all
MOBAs.

you can't really stream jrpgs unless you do many streams of that. people might get tired of the same game, dunno
(ben please stream Radiata Stories)

Hasney

For some reason, is be into Huber and Ben shoitcasting over some HOTS and I dislike MOBAs entirely. That could be entertaining.

Ben, I want you guys to play the games that make you happy.

That said, I don't understand MOBAs, they seem strange and frightening to me, so I'd probably not watch.

rtcn63

With JRPG's, it's probably gonna be them reading a bunch of on-screen text or ignoring it completely and just talking about the weather.

Hasney

With JRPG's, it's probably gonna be them reading a bunch of on-screen text or ignoring it completely and just talking about the weather.

Yeah, its great. I never used to watch streams until the FF7 one. Some of the voices for the text just crack me up

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Only if it's DotA :)

I love dota but I feel like that would lead them into dangerous territory.
People think backseat gaming in Hearthstone is bad... but I feel like dota is at least 2x that.

In all seriousness always depends on the approach, I personally enjoy Moba streams where there is at least 1 good player and other lesser experienced. That generally has a good dynamic.

Pretty much the reason why I kind of enjoyed GiantBombs daily dotes with crispy, brad and co.

sora87

While I really don't care for MOBAs, I'm sure you guys could make it entertaining somehow

Philippo

Honestly Ben your top priority should be streaming the whole Ni-Oh demo before it goes down.

Did you get the change to play it a bit more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom