• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just hearsay, but apparently funimation and the creators of DBZ aren't on good terms, so they might not be doing the dub for Dragonball Super. This kind of lines up with what Damiani said. Interesting

Yeah, that would be amazing. Used to love that show. Blood was the creator right?

IMO, they're focusing a bit too much on streaming games. As a European I can't watch it live, and it's just not possible for me to keep up with the archived videos. I barely have any time to play games as it is.

Too much content is a good problem I'd say :p

Yeah, that would be amazing. Used to love that show. Blood was the creator right?

IMO, they're focusing a bit too much on streaming games. As a European I can't watch it live, and it's just not possible for me to keep up with the archived videos. I barely have any time to play games as it is.

I don't think anyone watches all the streams. Just pick and choose based on what you enjoy.

If you're after recommendations, Tet stream is the top one for me, then Red Dead Revisited, any two-player campaigns, Darmiani's Zelda playthroughs and Dumb Game Monday are all brilliant.

Too much content is a good problem I'd say :p

I don't think anyone watches all the streams. Just pick and choose based on what you enjoy.

If you're after recommendations, Tet stream is the top one for me, then Red Dead Revisited, any two-player campaigns, Darmiani's Zelda playthroughs and Dumb Game Monday are all brilliant.

I feel spoilt for choice and that is a brilliant 'problem' to have. At this time Kyle's Tetris stream is the top one for me, I never thought I would get into it, but all the others are great too; even games I am not interested in. Brad's streams of Overwatch got me interested in a game that wasn't really on my radar. A shout out goes to everyone and the streams they create.

Damiani's streams are pretty epic. The Mario 64 120 stars one knackered me out just watching; he has some amazing gaming stamina and endurance!

I am making my way through all the stuff they upload; it is really great company when I am doing my work.

Keep it up EZA; your two channels have been a revelation.

I'll probably bump mine too for June. Not just to try to get to the E3 goal but to give a lil extra for covering it at all.

Getting to 40k will be brutal after the drop at the end of May.

Is it a faux-pas to bump up my tier just for one month for the E3 coverage, then drop it down again after? I wish I could just give a one-off donation that could be added to that month's Patreon amount, without feeling like I'm being a shit for being inconsistent with what I give.

so1337

I don't know if people are trolling when they say they want more of this ice breaker or if Kyle is trolling when he says that a lot of people want more of this ice breaker.

Either way:
2dqn1itieata.gif

edit: I'll probably bump mine to Michael Kosachenko tier.

Hasney

Is it a faux-pas to bump up my tier just for one month for the E3 coverage, then drop it down again after? I wish I could just give a one-off donation that could be added to that month's Patreon amount, without feeling like I'm being a shit for being inconsistent with what I give.

Nah, every little helps!

I've been out of touch for a while. Did they announce any plan for E3 yet?

No plan yet, just a tier. They said they'll be shuffling in and out and doing the conferencses live from Jones place though.

Kneefoil

I don't mind the Beastie Boys. It doesn't last that long, and always turns into a bit of a shitshow, which is funny. I totally understand if people want to skip it though.
I skip Ian's Easy Update songs myself.

Nope'd out of the rap part and skipped it. Felt bad for Blood, he didn't seem too keen on it. I really don't get why they even need an "icebreaker", the podcast seemed to work just fine for the first seven episodes without a super seat question or cringeworthy rap segment.

Wiggy

Over 38k for the first time! Seems the new milestones are having an effect. Still think they should do a vid on their YouTube to get the word out, not sure how many watched the stream/keeps a close watch on the patron page etc.

Over 38k for the first time! Seems the new milestones are having an effect. Still think they should do a vid on their YouTube to get the word out, not sure how many watched the stream/keeps a close watch on the patron page etc.

A video and a long (6 hour+) group stream to drive support would be the way forward, I think. If you look at what the Kinda Funny guys did to get their animated series funded, you have a blueprint for success - and they were asking for far, far more.

$2k should be easily achievable, but they also need to give a clear message. What sort of coverage would we get for $40k? Which events? Pre-show, post show, or just during? Special event podcast? Guests? Interviews? Give us something to really get hyped about.

Heartfyre

A video and a long (6 hour+) group stream to drive support would be the way forward, I think. If you look at what the Kinda Funny guys did to get their animated series funded, you have a blueprint for success - and they were asking for far, far more.

$2k should be easily achievable, but they also need to give a clear message. What sort of coverage would we get for $40k? Which events? Pre-show, post show, or just during? Special event podcast? Guests? Interviews? Give us something to really get hyped about.

I'm actually surprised they haven't even made a Patreon post about the new milestones, or Damiani's return. If you didn't catch the group stream, you'd not know anything about them. I guess they probably discuss them on the podcast too, but that's only available for the $5 and up backers so far, and I've not watched it yet since I'm saving it for FFXIV Dailies background noise this evening. And you know that there's a segment of viewers that only watch the edited shows and podcasts. I guess Cup of Jones might be that, but we'll see. That it's gone up nearly $1k without any formal written announcement is amazing in itself.

MrMette

I don't mind the Beastie Boys. It doesn't last that long, and always turns into a bit of a shitshow, which is funny. I totally understand if people want to skip it though.
I skip Ian's Easy Update songs myself.

I only saw it last time (only backed $1 as I don't have time to watch it during the week anyway) and I wasn't a big fan of it either. I also never liked the "love and respect" sing-along as you can see some of them are not too fond of it. It makes it very awkward for me to watch and makes me feel uncomfortable. I also hate it when I have to do things like that, so maybe that's why.

I normally don't like signing segments in TV-shows and like to skip them as well. The songs from Ian, I do like and I am not sure why. They don't bother me like most of those type of songs normally do. Maybe because he is alone in that room instead of singing in front of people or something.

I feel spoilt for choice and that is a brilliant 'problem' to have. At this time Kyle's Tetris stream is the top one for me, I never thought I would get into it, but all the others are great too; even games I am not interested in. Brad's streams of Overwatch got me interested in a game that wasn't really on my radar. A shout out goes to everyone and the streams they create.
Hah, I'm not the only one that jumped on Overwatch cause of Brad, then!
Yeah, these guys do a better job selling me on games than anyone else. So many new experiences.

No love for the Beastie Boys icebreaker here it seems? I actually really like it.

Yeah its awkward and its clear that some of the team arent comfortable with it but i think thats kind of the point, gets them out of their comfort zone and gets them all working together.

I think its fun, especially watching Kyle try to drag the people who arent happy doing it kicking and screaming. Watching Kyle struggle and feel defeated is always fun
Love you Kyle, your self depreciating style of humour always makes me laugh. You lying in the gutter for the Patreon announcement was the best part :)

Spman2099

It's too awkward, and not in a good way, for my tastes.

It's SO awkward, but that is why it is funny. They would have to kill the segment if they started nailing it.

That being said, I definitely miss the super seat question. That was a great way to start every episode.

This is a pretty hilarious consolation prize, though.

so1337

I normally don't like signing segments in TV-shows and like to skip them as well. The songs from Ian, I do like and I am not sure why. They don't bother me like most of those type of songs normally do. Maybe because he is alone in that room instead of singing in front of people or something.
For me it's that he actually tries to make a good song rather than just a funny one.

It also helps that his singing voice is beautiful. *blush*

MrMette

It's SO awkward, but that is why it is funny. They would have to kill the segment if they started nailing it.

That being said, I definitely miss the super seat question. That was a great way to start every episode.

I always think about what I would do if I were in that situation and I would probably bail and never be a guest on the podcast again if my friends would do that crap to me to be honest.

That's why I think it is too awkward for my taste. I understand why people like it and I understand why people love to do stuff like this, but this is not for everybody and I think a lot of people really hate stuff like this as well (just like myself).
I get worked up just by thinking about it to be honest :s. I know it is not a big thing for most people but I hate forced singing from when I was in kindergarten.

Karu

It's SO awkward, but that is why it is funny. They would have to kill the segment if they started nailing

Thanks for standing up for the little good in this world.

It's awkward, it's bothersome, it's amazing. Love it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I think its exceptionally lame that Damiani was part of the Patreon from the beginning but never bothered to watch a single episode of the Podcast.

Hasney

I think its exceptionally lame that Damiani was part of the Patreon from the beginning but never bothered to watch a single episode of the Podcast.

Eh, noone in the office watched GT Time either. When you talk to people all the time, you don't need to watch a show where people mostly state opinions you already know.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Eh, noone in the office watched GT Time either. When you talk to people all the time, you don't need to watch a show where people mostly state opinions you already know.

I expect more of a Patreon funded group's members commitment-wise than I do of corporate salary-men. I think he's gonna struggle a bit with the group dynamic that formed after he left. This weeks podcast was super low energy and I enjoyed it a lot less.

MrMette

I expect more of a Patreon funded group's members commitment-wise than I do of corporate salary-men. I think he's gonna struggle a bit with the group dynamic that formed after he left. This weeks podcast was super low energy and I enjoyed it a lot less.

I don't see how it matters if they see the podcasts where they did not participate or not. It is impossible to see all the content and create new content as well.
Not watching all content and not committing are completely different things btw.

I did not see the newest podcast yet (so I can't comment on the energy factor), but I would be surprised if it wasn't good.

Also he just moved. I suspect he is very tired as well.

The man also had a job, and was creating content. It can be difficult to find that time.

Do you expect them to watch all of their streams too, just so they don't miss anything?

Come on. Especially when Damiani was living in Texas and doing his other job, he even said in the stream that he was sort of getting into trouble at work for constantly doing EZA stuff

The group dynamic works because they are friends. This weeks episode was great, just because you don't have someone like Huber screaming how good things are or Ian screaming how bad things are doesn't make it a bad episode

I think the ice breaker is amazing solely because of how not on board everyone is for it. They could change it but if GT Time was any indication, people will complain about anything. No one will ever be fully happy with what they go with

Hasney

Damiani is a slow, thoughtful speaker anyway. I enjoyed the podcast, it was the vibe of the original GT Time and had the same amount of energy as that. It's just a different vibe with those 4 rather than the old super seat cast because Bloodwroth is the same way.

For those that don't know Damiani, expect more of the same as this podcast... But with a but more trolling. He can be worse than Kyle.

TheCalGee

Upped my pledge by one tier to hopefully help get them to 40k!

Podcast was lowkey this week but I enjoyed the Zelda talk. Curious to see how Nintendo's E3 plans pan out.

MrMette

Some people's awkward threshold is super low.
I know mine is. I can't really help it, I always hated awkward stuff. I also hate karaoke/singing in Guitar Hero as I find it too awkward (I also don't like watching people sing karaoke).
That said, while I am not a fan of that segment, if Kyle wants to do it, he should. I don't feel that because I am a backer I should be able to change the way they create their stuff.

I think the ice breaker is amazing solely because of how not on board everyone is for it. They could change it but if GT Time was any indication, people will complain about anything. No one will ever be fully happy with what they go with
While I don't like it at all, I know a lot of people do and I agree a lot of people will complain about anything. I don't want to complain about it, they can do what they want, I just stated that I don't like it (which is fine, I will keep watching the podcast anyway as I love it in general). I also understand why people like it, it is just not for me. The segment is short anyway, so no harm done for me.

While I don't like it at all, I know a lot of people do and I agree a lot of people will complain about anything. I don't want to complain about it, they can do what they want, I just stated that I don't like it (which is fine, I will keep watching the podcast anyway as I love it in general). I also understand why people like it, it is just not for me. The segment is very short anyway, so no harm done for me.
No worries. As someone else said, I don't really care for Ian's songs at the beginning of Easy Update but I just skip them. The beauty of streaming video

I've just noticed in the past that the crew takes notice of the criticisms and a lot of times more people speak out when they don't like something than people who like it/are content. (goes for anything beyond EZA really)

Reeaall awkward to see Bloodworth absolutely not on board with the rap on the podcast.

Yeah, there's the little bit of awkwardness I think the Allies always have which is usually endearing but that was bad. Blood needs to learn that when he's on air for a segment like that he needs to seem a little more supportive. Afterwards when the cameras are off is the time to voice your concern.
That said I love the segment in general.
Anyways, I watched the first 30 minutes of the podcast this morning. I love the chaos that Ian causes just from being there for less than a minute. That man is a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom