• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get a full gametrailers E3 experience even if they don't get to the equipment milestone. Including sending Ben to cover Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands during Sony's press conference.

Mikey Jr.

I hope we get a full gametrailers E3 experience even if they don't get to the equipment milestone. Including sending Ben to cover Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands during Sony's press conference.

Lol. I remember him saying on the podcast how much he regrets missing that conference.

farisr

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the streams, and have yet to binge of this past week's content. But any news on when "The Final Bets" will happen?

Lol. I remember him saying on the podcast how much he regrets missing that conference.

Dunno what he is complaining about. He was there for most of the riveting moments.

hbp8C5y.gif

Maligna

Banned

I really want Ben to recreate his reactions/emotions when he heard about the big 3 announcements second hand later on. I want to know how he acted when he heard about Shenmue 3...

Hasney

It was strange to hear Huber saying he doesn't care much for FF7 during one of the Frame Trap episodes when he was freaking out during the FF7R reveal.

Guess you can get caught up in the hype.

You do with your good friends I find. Like watching sports with them, if I have no teams affected by the result, I end up cheering and getting really happy for other people.

It was strange to hear Huber saying he doesn't care much for FF7 during one of the Frame Trap episodes when he was freaking out during the FF7R reveal.

I doubt the others cared as much about Shenmue either

The idea of those games even being announced is worth the hype after years of them being a joke

Hasney

I doubt the others cared as much about Shenmue either

The idea of those games even being announced is worth the hype after years of them being a joke

It's probably a good job Matt Blair wasn't in the room during the Shenmue one. The hype meltdown might have taken down the stream.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Brandon Plays Pokemon usurped. Huber Plays Pokemon in Dungeons & Dragons is the new hotness.

Looks like Law is training up water-type Kuo as his main, Moof as a secondary. Don't think this town has a gym though.

Hasney

Was anyone else worried that once Law asked about grain, it wasn't going to be about a connection to Lars, but to get fresh grain in his wound?

Sesha

Someone like Huber knows how crazy big of a deal a FF7 remake was.

openrob

The fact that it's on a separate channel helps to keep it separate in people's minds. A disclaimer would inevitably be overlooked and ignored by some/QUOTE]

I wish there was a way to "share" a video on a separate Youtube channel/host the same video on two channels.

Kneefoil

I'm a person who rarely gets very excited about anything, and I have pretty much no history with Shenmue or Final Fantasy. Yet as I was watching the Sony press conference alone in my tiny apartment, those games made me the most excited I've been for a video game since the Twilight Princess announcement trailer. Not because I was looking forward to them, but because I realized what a huge fucking deal both of those games are. I've seen people begging for these games online for over a decade now, so for their pleas to finally pay off was a BIG whoop, and I was just caught up in the excitement that most Shenmue and FF7 fans were probably feeling.

I'm guessing it was more or less the same for Huber.

Was anyone else worried that once Law asked about grain, it wasn't going to be about a connection to Lars, but to get fresh grain in his wound?
Oh, definitely.

Visceir

Don't think it has been specifically mentioned here and thought some people might miss out otherwise -- they did some present opening during the last group stream
https://youtu.be/XOOpLt4DcFQ?t=4497

Also played some quiplash and uncharted 3 multiplayer...while Homefront was installing. I actually kinda liked them switching up games.

wiibomb

omg... that cliffhanger in TTE, this is like a cliffhanger from GoT.

this ep was really Law centric, I love it since past eps were more about Yogalla and Therese.

BTW, until this ep I realized the little cobold was named Moof and not Move..

I thought the same, but I guess he went now the opposite hyperbolic way, he thinks now the grain is evil. Never expected that

Thores

Yeah does the podcast still go up on Wednesday for backers? East Coast here and I got work in the morning :/

The podcast is still supposed to go live "around 3pm Pacific" for Patreon backers on Wednesday, yeah. I've been checking both the EZA Twitter and Brandon's Twitter and there have been no updates about it running late. If there has been an explanation announced, I haven't seen it.

Hasney

Haven't started on this weeks podcast yet, but last weeks Beastie boys thing was so damn good I had to turn it off and find somewhere to laugh at work.

Kneefoil

It was cute the first time but I don't want it to be a staple of the podcast.

I think it's supposed to be like the super seat questions in GT Time: they're going to change it every month, so it doesn't get stale. There is probably always going to be an icebreaker of some description though.

Hasney

There is probably always going to be an icebreaker of some description though.

Yeah, Kyle brought it back by popular demand.

EDIT: The awkwardness of Beastie Boys still crakcs me up, but I do like the questions better I think.

Bigger card in the camera hype! 4th big announcement of the week!

Yeah, the questions were much better. Four white boys doing a little rap, that can never be anything but cringe-worthy.

On another note, I've just been watching Back Track (thanks to IGN (WHAT?!)) and I'm absolutely loving it. Fantastic show, a great shame it is no more. Imagine Back Track episodes for Dark Souls and The Witcher...amazing!

Edit: Or Ori and The Blind Forest...Child of Light. Ugh. Bring this show back!

Par Score

$38k HYPE

I wonder when the "cut-off" for the E3 goal is, I didn't see the stream they announced it in so maybe they mentioned it there? If not, I guess that's a decent Cup of Jones question.

Ulldog

Yeah, the questions were much better. Four white boys doing a little rap, that can never be anything but cringe-worthy.

On another note, I've just been watching Back Track (thanks to IGN (WHAT?!)) and I'm absolutely loving it. Fantastic show, a great shame it is no more. Imagine Back Track episodes for Dark Souls and The Witcher...amazing!

Edit: Or Ori and The Blind Forest...Child of Light. Ugh. Bring this show back!

Yeah, that would be amazing. Used to love that show. Blood was the creator right?

IMO, they're focusing a bit too much on streaming games. As a European I can't watch it live, and it's just not possible for me to keep up with the archived videos. I barely have any time to play games as it is.

Hasney

Yeah, that would be amazing. Used to love that show. Blood was the creator right?

IMO, they're focusing a bit too much on streaming games. As a European I can't watch it live, and it's just not possible for me to keep up with the archived videos. I barely have any time to play games as it is.

Unfortunately, there's nothing more that can really be done. Because streams are so easy, you wouldn't get any more shows even if they disappeared due to the current setup. I know I'd rather have more shows myself, but the streams are a necessary thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom