• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, thought it might spark conversation among other patrons who do not visit this thread, which is probably most. But I appreciate the snark.

Actually wasn't snark, but fair enough - I can see how it came off that way.

One recommendation (if you want Patreon subs to read it though), either de-blockify it if possible, or just cut it down a lot. People aren't going to read that wall of text.

Kasper

Actually wasn't snark, but fair enough - I can see how it came off that way.

One recommendation (if you want Patreon subs to read it though), either de-blockify it if possible, or just cut it down a lot. People aren't going to read that wall of text.

My bad. On the Internet I perceive every "right?" type of reply as intended snark.

I can see the text formatting on Patreon is terrible. It looks perfectly fine through this link, but it looks like utter garbage on the app and browsing the main page in website view. I'll cut it down some, good suggestion.

Just had a thought (that may have been posted already but I haven't seen it, this thread gained like 12 pages since I last read it)

With IGN now owning the GameTrailer's brands and catalog, does Kyle have a better chance now of getting the rights to use "The Final Bosman" than he did with Defy? IGN, at least to me, seems more likely to sell/release the rights to him than Defy Media.

Hasney

Just had a thought (that may have been posted already but I haven't seen it, this thread gained like 12 pages since I last read it)

With IGN now owning the GameTrailer's brands and catalog, does Kyle have a better chance now of getting the rights to use "The Final Bosman" than he did with Defy? IGN, at least to me, seems more likely to sell/release the rights to him than Defy Media.

Brandon mentioned that Defy said he could get the naming rights to all of their shows if they waited, but they didn't want to wait (which was the right decision for me), so all the shows are probably keeping their current names.

Kasper

I think there'd be a healthy chance of him being able to get the rights back. A bigger question is if he'd even want to name his current show The Final Bosman when he's still working on it sporadically? With that name attached people would expect a production on par with the show when it was at Defy and Viacom which still doesn't seem to be in the cards.

They are on friendly/working terms with IGN, which is more than the nothing at Defy Media

The possibility that they could is definitely greater, but they probably don't want to. They're independent now and those shows are still property of someone else.

I'm sure it was rough at first but they're enjoying the freedom and actually owning their own shows

The good thing is they're probably a lot more comfortable with discussing/referencing things from GT now that they aren't living in fear of Defy's laser targeting being at their backs

The polygon article has a response from IGN, to the journalist. One sentence caught my attention

"We have added the GT YouTube channel to our network and are scouring hard drives and uploading back catalog content that never made it across."

Not sure if this means some shows were never uploaded, or just never uploaded to youtube. Does anybody know if there's a page somewhere that will link to previously-not-uploaded GT content? If IGN is uploading everything, it would be next to impossible to sift through it all to find the few that I haven't seen yet.

Hasney

I think there'd be a healthy chance of him being able to get the rights back. A bigger question is if he'd even want to name his current show The Final Bosman when he's still working on it sporadically? With that name attached people would expect a production on par with the show when it was at Defy and Viacom which still doesn't seem to be in the cards.

They are on friendly/working terms with IGN, which is more than the nothing at Defy Media

The possibility that they could is definitely greater, but they probably don't want to. They're independent now and those shows are still property of someone else.

I'm sure it was rough at first but they're enjoying the freedom and actually owning their own shows

The good thing is they're probably a lot more comfortable with discussing/referencing things from GT now that they aren't living in fear of Defy's laser targeting being at their backs

I don't believe IGN own the rights to the shows names. They kept reiterating all they bought was the URL, YouTube channel and name of GT. Brandon also said that it was Defy who told him they could get the show names back if they wanted, not IGN.

The polygon article has a response from IGN, to the journalist. One sentence caught my attention

"We have added the GT YouTube channel to our network and are scouring hard drives and uploading back catalog content that never made it across."

Not sure if this means some shows were never uploaded, or just never uploaded to youtube. Does anybody know if there's a page somewhere that will link to previously-not-uploaded GT content? If IGN is uploading everything, it would be next to impossible to sift through it all to find the few that I haven't seen yet.

So far, they've uploaded some stuff that never made it to the Defy version of the website. They are uploading content we all thought was lost.

It's not previously un-uploaded, it was on the Viacom version of the site, but never made the transfer to Defy and was presumed lost.

If they ever upload the raw footage from the Huber Hype episode at Remedy though, I will squee like a little girl at the two Sam Lakes.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
How can Bosman like Link's Awakening so much? There's no context to why some of the enemies are goombas, piranha plants, bloopers, and other mario enemies. That ain't right.

They're not referred to as "Mario enemies", and none of them seem that out of place on this particular island. Framed pictures of Mario and Princess Peach in Hyrule Castle definitely give me the creeps though. I have to pretend those are just some weird paintings a strange Hylian artist made.

By the way, thanks for the reward tier suggestions everyone. It's hard for us to figure out what people would like to spend money on--what our value is basically--and so reading this has been very helpful

Wiggy

Just checked, Kinda funny do a solo (1 fan, full crew) Skype hangout for $100. I think that would be a popular tier for the allies at that price.

Just checked, Kinda funny do a solo (1 fan, full crew) Skype hangout for $100. I think that would be a popular tier for the allies at that price.

But they're not all together for very long at all, whereas the KF guys are. Can't really afford to burn time, even for that money I'd expect.

styl3s

Well these comments seemed unnecessary.
Cringe is the new literal/literally.

According to the internet everything is cringe worthy it's really annoying that everyone uses that word towards everything including things that clearly aren't cringe worthy. They literally (real literally, not figuratively literally) don't understand the meaning.

Wiggy

Have Brandon (or any ally I guess) record your voice mail message or something.

But they're not all together for very long at all, whereas the KF guys are. Can't really afford to burn time, even for that money I'd expect.

Just schedule it for when they are together (like group stream day), and keep it limited like KF- they limit it to 5 and do it every 3 months

aadiboy

I wanted to start watching Tabletop Escapades, do I listen to Ben's explanation of the characters/world at the beginning or not? Would I figure that stuff out listening to the rest of the story or would I be lost? Know almost nothing about DnD.

Kasper

I wanted to start watching Tabletop Escapades, do I listen to Ben's explanation of the characters/world or not? Would I figure that stuff out listening to the rest of the story or would I be lost? Know almost nothing about DnD.

I listened to all of it and so far it hasn't really mattered much (even though I enjoyed listening to it, but it's not necessary). It's just extra world building if you enjoy that kind of stuff. Just be sure to listen to the character introductions from the players and then go from there.

Hasney

Sophie is a key part of EZA now, but Damiani has cats in Bens place... And they are destructive. We need to have them.

True, even if you just said 4 of your choice and they'll pick a day to make it work though, might get some takers.

Thinking of upping mine even with no benefit. I already asked for my name to be removed from the podcast producer list to help Brandon (I think either Kyle or Ian replied because they said they would never pass it on to Brandon... I laughed), but Don did send me a picture of his cat on the fan mail.... hmmm.

Hasney

Hope these guys aren't spreading themselves thin. Damiani is basically full-time now.

We don't know that for sure. I mean, some of the part time guys haven't found jobs yet and are surviving. Damiani has social media strategy experience though so if anyone on top of Brandon goes full time, it might be best to be him.

Hasney

I sent the long stream with donations idea to them on Patreon. Honestly, I have time booked off work (because I get like 6 weeks a year so fuck it), so hoping to drive them to the full E3 stream experience!

MAtgS

How can Bosman like Link's Awakening so much? There's no context to why some of the enemies are goombas, piranha plants, bloopers, and other mario enemies. That ain't right.

dreams are weird
, there's your context.

wiibomb

I don't think Kyle wants to look at The Final Bosman brand ever again...

just a feeling, but I felt like he got sick of it or tired
(which I find extremely sad)

Hasney

I don't think Kyle wants to look at The Final Bosman brand ever again...

just a feeling, but I felt like he got sick of it or tired
(which I find extremely sad)

Honestly, I think he really dislikes some episodes of the show with how much of a perfectionist he is and had to do it weekly. I mean, Kyle being Kyle, he even gave us a show when he had a good excuse like Bosman on the road.

I think it's why I get the whole Bosman @ Home thing. He can do it on his own schedule on his own terms. Commitment wise, he'll do anything for EZA, but he wants whatever has his name on to have a consistent quality.

EDIT: As I'm on the Ben Doom stream right now, the next Frame Trap is going to be taped after the next Tabletop tapings, meaning it's in Brandons place with all the fancy equipment and it's Ben, Brad, Huber, Kyle and Ian... Well, it's usually 4, but he said the Tabletop crew, so it might be a 4 guest taping?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I just rewatched GT Live E3 Sony Conference, instant smiles.
But man it makes me wonder what dreams are left to fulfill?
I guess more news about all those things announced would be nice?

Personally I hope for Ni no Kuni 2 news. Beyond that DQ11 would be cool but I think they have their own event soonish.
New God of War seems like a sure thing.

What other ridiculous announcements are left? New Suikoden, Wild Arms?

wiibomb

Honestly, I think he really dislikes some episodes of the show with how much of a perfectionist he is and had to do it weekly. I mean, Kyle being Kyle, he even gave us a show when he had a good excuse like Bosman on the road.

I think it's why I get the whole Bosman @ Home thing. He can do it on his own schedule on his own terms. Commitment wise, he'll do anything for EZA, but he wants whatever has his name on to have a consistent quality.

yes that is true, I felt the same. I don't know how he thinks about all the "Bosman brand" eps, but always liked them one way or the other, even some which were not very polished kept reminding me there is a brand I could look forward in X day.

now with B@H I feel like he gets way too side-tracked with the goal, I mean, reshooting is no small deal, it would always delay the ep a lot. I liked more when I had an ep to look forward, not wait more than a month for an ep.

I don't like when I remember B@H and I immediately think: "oh! yeah... wait for next month..." but I guess he prefers that than what he had with TFB, so I can't be mad at all for that.

Personally I hope for Ni no Kuni 2 news. Beyond that DQ11 would be cool but I think they have their own event soonish.

Crash. Seriously, it is one big dream if done right (I want to emphasize: right)

Half Life 3.

and may be some about nintendo, but.. well.. forget about it.

Hasney

I think it's going to be different people hyped... Red Dead Redemption 2. new Star Wars showing (even if it's a way off). Mass Effect: A, a Zelda blowout with Bosman and Damiani... I'm sure EA, Sony and MS have things up their sleeve too.

yes that is true, I felt the same. I don't know how he thinks about all the "Bosman brand" eps, but always liked them one way or the other, even some which were not very polished kept reminding me there is a brand I could look forward in X day.

now with B@H I feel like he gets way too side-tracked with the goal, I mean, reshooting is no small deal, it would always delay the ep a lot. I liked more when I had an ep to look forward, not wait more than a month for an ep.

I don't like when I remember B@H and I immediately think: "oh! yeah... wait for next month..." but I guess he prefers that than what he had with TFB, so I can't be mad at all for that.

I actually wish there was some happy medium for Bosman. I bet some of the episodes he dislikes are some of the ones people like. Sure, cut out the chaff, but the fact it was weekly was cool because even if some were only 80% great in his eyes, I bet some people loved them.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I actually wish there was some happy medium for Bosman. I bet some of the episodes he dislikes are some of the ones people like. Sure, cut out the chaff, but the fact it was weekly was cool because even if some were only 80% great in his eyes, I bet some people loved them.

I absolutely think this is true. Generally speaking, it's definitely important to make sure you're proud of the work you put out there because it's your legacy and image. However, it's also good to realize that sometimes what you dislike is greatly appreciated by someone else. I have a favorite "bonus bit" that I absolutely adore, but I doubt Bosman views it as highly as I do. In my own experience, I've created things that I feel meh about and then had someone I would never expect tell me they really like it.

Honestly, I'm happy with what he's currently doing, and if he's happy doing it, then this is the ideal situation for me.

sora87

There's probably crazy stuff like Beyond Good and Evil 2, HL3 and Agent that would get everyone hyped but I doubt they'd get the reaction from the crew that the big 3 got last year. Like, KH3 and DQ11 will get some big reactions from Ben, Brad and Damiani but they're a known thing. Jones will go nuts for Red Dead 3 but probably not to the extent of Huber losing his mind over Shenmue 3. Last year was some fan fiction shit, we'll never get that again.

Kneefoil

Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been a long time coming. Ubi claims the game is still not cancelled, yet it seems to be in development hell - or at least a purgatory because we still haven't heard from it after such a long time. I think that'd be quite a big reveal. Not FFVII Remake scale, but still...

More Viewtiful Joe would be a personal wish of mine (though very unlikely) - but I'm not sure the EZA crew would make much of it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Beyond Good&Evil 2 forgot about that. I still remember how good 1 was feelings wise. Although I don't remember much about the actual game anymore beyond upgrading your ship.

Crash I can also understand.

I also just thought about Dark Cloud 3.

I'm really enjoying Brandon Plays Pokemon, it made me pick up the game on Virtual console and I'm loving playing through it. Weird because I thought I was burnt out on Pokémon, but this game is aggressively charming.

Is there any content out there from GameTrailers or Kyle playing pokemon or talking about it extensively? It is clear he is passionate about the series, I'd like to see him go into it more

mishakoz

We have white whales we have been chasing. There is much more out there that would blow gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom