• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgh yes. Worst case scenario is they waste 20+ minutes on VR and then waste time trying to sell us on PS4.5. Think of all the beautiful JRPG goodness we could see instead :(

That's like the main thing I'm interested in, the regular (exclusive) games this generation haven't interested me much so far.

LewieP

I see where you're coming from but, just for band reasons, they should keep hammering home that they are the same gt crew. Most people on youtube would immediatly recognize Brandon's "iconic" voice.
They should do more post-review discussions, just-played style, to cover that personal angle. I always liked those better than the reviews, but I get it's difficult to hqve them all together and make time for that kind of content (dk3 spoilercats wasthe exception).

Aye, you're not wrong, I was just expressing my feelings, not really asking for anything to change.

Something a little more informal, with a more conversational tone, would be something I'd enjoyed, but they've obviously got plenty on their plate already.

Here's my version of Sony E3 2016 that would top last year for me personally:

New announcements:
PS1 Classics on PS4.
Crash Bandicoot. Tight platforming gameplay demo, releases no later than 2017. Even better if it releases this year for 20th anniversary.
Sucker Punch Spider-Man. Also fine if a new IP/inFamous as long as it looks good and release was 2017.
Star Wars Battlefront VR. Fully immersive Fighter Squadron mode.
KOTOR 3. My personal Shenmue 3.
Twisted Metal HD. Either a brand new game or all of the previous titles updated with current gen graphics and fully playable online. Twisted Metal 2. Online. Yes. Please.
Something Completely Unexpected that hasn't been leaked or rumoured of. Maybe the title from Sucker Punch or something worked by a third party. Just something nobody expects. Last year was Shenmue 3, every other major game was either leaked, rumoured of or already known in some capacity.

Updates:
The Last Guardian release date. Enough said.
Horizon release date. Hopefully still this year and not the rumored delay.
No Man's Sky PSVR.

From Outta Nowhere:
Rocket League, DC Universe Online and other games cross-play with XB1.

Wiggy

The Patreon is really moving since the new milestones! Might not need a stream boost to hit the e3 of dreams in time. I still say do one though, might be able to reach trailer jones in time to do some e3 trailer analysis

wiibomb

The Patreon is really moving since the new milestones! Might not need a stream boost to hit the e3 of dreams I time. I still say do one though, might be able to reach trailer jones in time to do some e3 trailer analysis

oh boy! just less than $1500 to get our E3 of dreams

Is gamescom that interesting when they can easily go to E3?

It's Gamescom

you should be ashamed of not knowing how fundamental to gaming it is.

The Patreon is really moving since the new milestones! Might not need a stream boost to hit the e3 of dreams in time. I still say do one though, might be able to reach trailer jones in time to do some e3 trailer analysis

Remember that it will plummet at the end of May.

MrMette

it have never happened on the past 2 months, it always go down, but not hugely, may be about 1000 or 1500

It seems like a lot of people are upping their pledge just to get to 40k for E3. I suspect a bigger hit after this month. Hopefully the new people we get from the IGN announcement/old gametrailers youtube will stick around.

Wiggy

Remember that it will plummet at the end of May.
Yeah that happens every month for all patreons, nothing to be too concerned about until it starts trending down month over month.

It seems like a lot of people are upping their pledge just to get to 40k for E3. I suspect a bigger hit after this month. Hopefully the new people we get from the IGN announcement/old gametrailers youtube will stick around.
Yeah I was thinking the same, probably take till July pay day till we see the true effect as well

Because I don't like certain games and would prefer to see others given some time I'm "that guy" ? Great stuff.
No because you called others trash, and insinuated any other time invested into something like vr else would be a waste.

Edit: not to say that it wouldn't be cool if some cod didn't suck up a lot of time but I'm not gonna call it garbage.

Because I don't like certain games and would prefer to see others given some time I'm "that guy" ? Great stuff.

There's not liking certain games and then there's being a myopic man-baby about it.

I would take Ni-Oh and Toukiden 2 over another Destiny or CoD any day of the week but I understand why the latter two have the prominence they do at E3 conferences.

sora87

No because you called others trash, and insinuated any other time invested into something like vr else would be a waste.

Edit: not to say that it wouldn't be cool if some cod didn't suck up a lot of time but I'm not gonna call it garbage.

Hmm, don't see why people care I called a game garbage or that I don't give a shit about VR.

Anyway, let's move on, I do apologize if I offended your favorite games.

There's not liking certain games and then there's being a myopic man-baby about it.

raw

Hmm, don't see why people care I called a game garbage or that I don't give a shit about VR.

Anyway, let's move on, I do apologize if I offended your favorite games.

raw

Keep in mind that the "garbage" is what keeps the lights on, most of the time. Stuff like 15 minute presentations on Call of Duty exclusivity is what moves consoles in most cases. That's a HUGE playerbase to bring over from Xbox 360. That, in turn, gives Sony more money to invest in stuff like Ni No Kuni 2 and Last Guardian and No Man's Sky and other, smaller (sales wise) projects that the "hardcore" fans hold so close. E3 is a business conference for investors to see what the big companies are bringing to the table for the next couple years. Let them have their 15 minutes on CoD and 20 minutes on VR if it means they'll invest more into smaller studios.

If they handle E3 well it probably continues to grow. Biggest event of the year and all.

That doesn't mean they should do some crazy reaction to everything. I felt they had very appropriate coverage last year, megatons and boring parts. Obviously they will have to tone down the scope from last year but as long as they do what they do best I'm sure E3 will do the rest.

sora87

Keep in mind that the "garbage" is what keeps the lights on, most of the time. Stuff like 15 minute presentations on Call of Duty exclusivity is what moves consoles in most cases. That's a HUGE playerbase to bring over from Xbox 360. That, in turn, gives Sony more money to invest in stuff like Ni No Kuni 2 and Last Guardian and No Man's Sky and other, smaller (sales wise) projects that the "hardcore" fans hold so close. E3 is a business conference for investors to see what the big companies are bringing to the table for the next couple years. Let them have their 15 minutes on CoD and 20 minutes on VR if it means they'll invest more into smaller studios.

Yes yes, you are of course right. I just wish it wasn't like that.

MrMette

If they handle E3 well it probably continues to grow. Biggest event of the year and all.

That doesn't mean they should do some crazy reaction to everything. I felt they had very appropriate coverage last year, megatons and boring parts. Obviously they will have to tone down the scope from last year but as long as they do what they do best I'm sure E3 will do the rest.
I am sure they will continue to grow as they bring fantastic content and a lot of GT fans still don't know abouth EZA unfortunately, but I just forsee a bigger decline at the beginning of June then for the previous months, that's all. I am sure it will recover somewhat afterwards.

wiibomb

very well talked. That's a very good point about why we will always see the CoD/Battlefield and sports talk.

However in the VR front, it isn't a big seller yet and it's very hard to communicate through a conference, so I wish this time they do a kind of closed door demo for the press instead of giving a big push in the main conference, that seems to almost always backfire very hard

Tsosie

Is it sad that every time I have gotten a notification on my phone this week, in my head I am hoping it is a Cup of Jones patreon notification?

Edit: For punctuation

very well talked. That's a very good point about why we will always see the CoD/Battlefield and sports talk.

However in the VR front, it isn't a big seller yet and it's very hard to communicate through a conference, so I wish this time they do a kind of closed door demo for the press instead of giving a big push in the main conference, that seems to almost always backfire very hard

Yea the VR thing is still untested when it comes to the big picture. No one knows how to advertise it. All you ever hear is that you have to try it for yourself. Andrew House needs to say SOMETHING about it up there, so they might as well drag on about tech specs and dev support for a bit if nothing else. Granted, goofy demos like that one with the light up suit (can't remember the name of it for the life of me right now) was weird, but I think it did an OK job at giving us an idea of what the sensations we'd feel with the headset on are like. The Tron demo was goofy because it broke, but I don't think it was that bad. The technology is still fresh and in its infancy, so there's going to be growing pains in marketing. At least it's not a complete bullshit gimmick like 3D TV's were a few years ago. Give it time and they'll figure it out. They need to show investors something over nothing. If it was a back door shady deal demo for press only, it wouldn't make WSJ or Forbes with nearly enough to show for it. As coveted as sites like EZA and IGN and Kinda Funny are to us, the rest of the world finds things out through the mainstream.

mishakoz

Is it sad that every time I have gotten a notification on my phone this week, in my head I am hoping it is a Cup of Jones patreon notification?

Edit: For punctuation

I've said before, one thing I don't believe I've ever seen them get right is getting media out at a consistent time. I don't think a cup of Jones has hit Monday for a month now.

Not trying to be critical but it would be nice if that improved.

I've said before, one thing I don't believe I've ever seen them get right is getting media out at a consistent time. I don't think a cup of Jones has hit Monday for a month now.

Not trying to be critical but it would be nice if that improved.

I hear ya, that and I wish their Twitter account was more on point with what was going on and where.

Having an opinion is one thing, but there's also being "that guy".
You're being that guy.

I'm "that guy" as well then, because I'm with him entirely - I hate sitting through that shit. Especially CoD. I feel sorry for the poor schmuck who has to write the recycled spiel that gets read off the teleprompter for that segment. What can you even say about CoD anymore that hasn't been said a thousand times already.

Just automatically kills a conference's momentum dead in its tracks when an Activision suit makes an appearance.

Ray Down

Banned

It also comes across as whinny IMO, like I get that you don't like it but just keep that shit to yourself.

Auctopus

gamesleuthxquaj.jpg

Might need tweaking dependent on how the show's launched (in association with EZA?)

Still working on Don's as I only recently had an idea for it.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I hear ya, that and I wish their Twitter account was more on point with what was going on and where.
I've mentioned this to them several times and they appear to have no desire to improve it. For example I don't understand why they don't tweet about the podcast being available for backers

Tankard

I am not picking on you tankard but want to make a point. I have made this same post as well in the past. But this would be he weekly cadence with Bosman at home

I didn't understand your reply, but just in case, i was legit asking if there was no Cup of Jones this week, a lot of times they won't inform about delays or cancelations on the EZA twitter but will comment about it on the livestreams, just like yesterday that i happened to be awake at 2am my time (10 pm PT) just in time for Brandon's Red Dead stream when i found out in the chat he showed up there and delayed it, yet there was nothing on their official handles.
Which leads me to a bigger point than the delay, it's the fact that they need to do a better job informing people of such situations.

fastmower

I've mentioned this to them several times and they appear to have no desire to improve it. For example I don't understand why they don't tweet about the podcast being available for backers
Do you not have patreon alert you when new stuff goes up? It's instantaneous.

mishakoz

They have to raise $1400 in about 10 days.

Can they do it????

They have to raise more than that. There will be an drop off after June 1st like always, unless Brandon will count it if we "hit" 40k instead of sustain. I hope they do that because i do not think there is a good possibility of having 40k after June 5.

Lexad

I didn't understand your reply, but just in case, i was legit asking if there was no Cup of Jones this week, a lot of times they won't inform about delays or cancelations on the EZA twitter but will comment about it on the livestreams, just like yesterday that i happened to be awake at 2am my time (10 pm PT) just in time for Brandon's Red Dead stream when i found out in the chat he showed up there and delayed it, yet there was nothing on their official handles.
Which leads me to a bigger point than the delay, it's the fact that they need to do a better job informing people of such situations.

Sorry I was trying to make a point about the previous page and bosman and how he doesn't want the pressure of a weekly show on the patreon.I am legit wondering where cup of jones is as well. I wasn't trying to jump on you specifically

Mikey Jr.

They have to raise more than that. There will be an drop off after June 1st like always, unless Brandon will count it if we "hit" 40k instead of sustain. I hope they do that because i do not think there is a good possibility of having 40k after June 5.

Thats why I gave them 10 days.

They are buying equipment with the extra cash. It is not an ongoing expense. As soon as June hits, there will be a big drop off. So they have 10 days to raise the extra 2k or whatever for the desk/camera/mics, yada yada.

I hope after May, Brandon drops the 40k stretch and brings the 45k trailer score stretch down a few thousand.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Do you not have patreon alert you when new stuff goes up? It's instantaneous.
I have Patreon alerts enabled, yes, but only because they seemingly refuse to use Twitter. My problem with relying on those, though, is that Patreon alerts on my phone get lost in the mix of emails and text messages and whatever else shows up on that screen (and if I swipe one of those other things, I will subsequently never see the Patreon alert). I would prefer the tweet and I don't see the harm in doing it or why they are averse to it. Plus it would be an easy way to say something like "Become a backer to listen!"

Likewise they seem allergic to mentioning the Patreon which I don't understand. On the latest podcast I'm not sure it was mentioned directly at all. Do they think it's poor etiquette or do they not want to feel like shills? Again, I just don't understand it. I think I sound upset or whatever and I'm really not; I just want to see them grow but it feels like maybe they don't want to

Since the podcast just went up for the public, I gotta side with Blood on the icebreaker, just don't.

Allies getting out of their comfort zone to have fun is always the best.

Keep the ice breakers coming.

Likewise they seem allergic to mentioning the Patreon which I don't understand. On the latest podcast I'm not sure it was mentioned directly at all. Do they think it's poor etiquette or do they not want to feel like shills? Again, I just don't understand it. I think I sound upset or whatever and I'm really not; I just want to see them grow but it feels like maybe they don't want to

They probably aren't used to asking for money.
They probably need to treat it like their halftime show, a segment that just needs to happen.

Visceir

many here repeat "they know what they are doing!", I think the whole youtube/promoting world is completely new to them, along with editing and such.

Makes me actually rather curious and interested to see how far they've have come in a couple years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom