• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablogod

I'm really enjoying Brandon Plays Pokemon, it made me pick up the game on Virtual console and I'm loving playing through it. Weird because I thought I was burnt out on Pokémon, but this game is aggressively charming.

Is there any content out there from GameTrailers or Kyle playing pokemon or talking about it extensively? It is clear he is passionate about the series, I'd like to see him go into it more

He's used to make clear on Final Bosman, GT Time and streams how much he loved Pokemon. I think he's played every mainline game.

This idea of Brandon plays pokemon was an idea they used to kick around back at GT if I'm not mistaken, at least Kyle pitching to Brandon that they should do it.

tok9

And they've had similar ideas with other members.

I know Ben has mentioned doing a hearthstone one with Brad for a good few months now so we might see more eventually.

wiibomb

I actually wish there was some happy medium for Bosman. I bet some of the episodes he dislikes are some of the ones people like. Sure, cut out the chaff, but the fact it was weekly was cool because even if some were only 80% great in his eyes, I bet some people loved them.

I absolutely think this is true. Generally speaking, it's definitely important to make sure you're proud of the work you put out there because it's your legacy and image. However, it's also good to realize that sometimes what you dislike is greatly appreciated by someone else. I have a favorite "bonus bit" that I absolutely adore, but I doubt Bosman views it as highly as I do. In my own experience, I've created things that I feel meh about and then had someone I would never expect tell me they really like it.

Honestly, I'm happy with what he's currently doing, and if he's happy doing it, then this is the ideal situation for me.

I'm completely with you 2 there, I bet some bits (even some not related to bonus bits) that I completely adore might not be the most liked by anyone else.

speaking of which...

I'm really enjoying Brandon Plays Pokemon, it made me pick up the game on Virtual console and I'm loving playing through it. Weird because I thought I was burnt out on Pokémon, but this game is aggressively charming.

Is there any content out there from GameTrailers or Kyle playing pokemon or talking about it extensively? It is clear he is passionate about the series, I'd like to see him go into it more

check this Final Bosman episode, it also has one of my favorite moments of The Final Bosman.

https://youtu.be/BhWo_eqyKuc?list=PLaQokWZfgbyntw9DmZ6eBi3Nf3f72GFYv

He is a wise man, listen that ep. I can't only remember that about pokemon in GT, might remember something else later

It is weird to talk about Kyle in the third person when he just posted on this same page.

I didn't even noticed!!! gaf users without avatars always slip my eye, sneaky sneaky kyle...

we all still love you kyle.

Fou-Lu

Kyle, are there any games series that Brandon loves that you haven't tried? I think it would be interesting to see a show like Brandon Plays Pokemon reversed, where you play something he loves.

wiibomb

Kyle, are there any games series that Brandon loves that you haven't tried? I think it would be interesting to see a show like Brandon Plays Pokemon reversed, where you play something he loves.

I would love this about others in the crew as well, seeing someone trying a classic or a very well known series for the first time is something very unique, and a once in a lifetime experience

Mikey Jr.

I'm completely with you 2 there, I bet some bits (even some not related to bonus bits) that I completely adore might not be the most liked by anyone else.

speaking of which...

check this Final Bosman episode, it also has one of my favorite moments of The Final Bosman.

https://youtu.be/BhWo_eqyKuc?list=PLaQokWZfgbyntw9DmZ6eBi3Nf3f72GFYv

He is a wise man, listen that ep. I can't only remember that about pokemon in GT, might remember something else later

I didn't even noticed!!! gaf users without avatars always slip my eye, sneaky sneaky kyle...

we all still love you kyle.

Do you know the secret of that graph in that episode? The disinterest in pokemon?

El-Suave

I've thought about the "play with an Ally" reward tier and I think that could really make sense for them. If each Ally who is comfortable with the idea picks a new game that's coming out or a classic and plays that with some patrons for a few hours for a month that could generate A LOT of money for them, especially since they are so many people working on EZA now. It would also keep the Patreon campaign fresh. Think about being in a Driveclub with Bloodworth, playing some Battlefront with Brandon, Overwatch with Brad or heading into WW1 (or WWE ;) )with Huber etc.. If you make that a $100 tier and make slots available for as many people who make sense for each game that could generate some serious money each month leveraging the fact that they're so many employees now.

I would love this about others in the crew as well, seeing someone trying a classic or a very well known series for the first time is something very unique, and a once in a lifetime experience

If I remember correctly, Ian has never played a pokemon game either(?), so maybe he joins in for season 2...

I would like the series to continue beyond Pokemon Red, but I'm unsure how one would handle that, really.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Is Damiani confirmed for the next Frame Trap? I hope he is.
As always eagerly awaiting it although it's probably at least 3 more days until it hits.

Hasney

Is Damiani confirmed for the next Frame Trap? I hope he is.
As always eagerly awaiting it although it's probably at least 3 more days until it hits.

No he's not actually. They're recording the next one at Brandons place directly after Tabletop, so it'll be those guys.

Cringe is the new literal/literally.

According to the internet everything is cringe worthy it's really annoying that everyone uses that word towards everything including things that clearly aren't cringe worthy. They literally (real literally, not figuratively literally) don't understand the meaning.

As pointed out before your little rant, I was joking.

You seem to literally have your pants in a twist.

The majority of the Doom stream will get archived. I'm so sorry about the issues. Super embarrassed.
Don't be Ben. Did you work out though what was the problem? Shitty internet connection or was some of your streaming gear the bottleneck? If that's the case, use your funding to get new gear. Ben streams are essential!

tok9

The one thing I'd say against the "Play with an ally" pledge is I could see it causing some resentment with people who might play with them randomly.

There have been times others have played with the guys, I've played with them here and there and I could definitely see something happen where people complain that those fans aren't paying for that privilege.

The hangout sounds great though. I'd actually be thinking more like a rotation rather than the full 9 EZA guys and 1 patreon. So it'd be more like 2-3 EZA guys and 1 patreon in a hangout. I think that'd be pretty cool.

I usually don't read or watch reviews, but seeing the EZA Doom review on Twitter I have to ask...

"REVIEW: DOOM - Does the grandaddy of FPS fall short for modern fans or rip a hole through naysayers' expectations?"

Are the cheesy quips from the early GT reviews back?!

I usually don't read or watch reviews, but seeing the EZA Doom review on Twitter I have to ask...

"REVIEW: DOOM - Does the grandaddy of FPS fall short for modern fans or rip a hole through naysayers' expectations?"

Are the cheesy quips from the early GT reviews back?!

Hey, it is DOOM.

El-Suave

The one thing I'd say against the "Play with an ally" pledge is I could see it causing some resentment with people who might play with them randomly.

There have been times others have played with the guys, I've played with them here and there and I could definitely see something happen where people complain that those fans aren't paying for that privilege.

I can see that, but it wouldn't consume all of their playtime and could be restricted to one activity/game/session. Or you can set up special EZA accounts and seperate it from their private gaming.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Putting an archived stream up in the background whilst I make my morning coffee, and then listening to the podcast on my walk to work. I'm so glad to have EZA in my morning ritual!

fastmower

The new Doom review was very professional. I'd give the game 4.5 stars because I love the glory kill mechanic, but I agree with everything else.

El-Suave

Tregard's Schluffe Avatar reminds me of a dream I've had since Kyle created the character. Sending Bosman and another Ally to Gamescom would be über cool. At Defy the budget probably wasn't there but once EZA is firmly established for two or three years you could think about having a seperate campaign drive for such an endeavor.

so1337

I just recently realized that Doom has the stun & melee mechanic from Resident Evil 4. That alone is pretty much a guarantee that I will enjoy the game a great deal.

llehuty

Tregard's Schluffe Avatar reminds me of a dream I've had since Kyle created the character. Sending Bosman and another Ally to Gamescom would be über cool. At Defy the budget probably wasn't there but once EZA is firmly established for two or three years you could think about having a seperate campaign drive for such an endeavor.
Is gamescom that interesting when they can easily go to E3?

El-Suave

Is gamescom that interesting when they can easily go to E3?

Of course it isn't and at the current stage of EZA there are far more important objectives to achieve and it's totally out of the question. But Kyle has had so much fun with Gamescom antics (and Blood liked the event as well on a professional level) that you wonder how it'd be if he was actually there. If they ever get to travel, connecting with fans at one of the PAX's would probably make more sense, too. It's just a silly idea for a hopefully bright future.

LeleSocho

Banned
The new Doom review was very professional.

You think so? Dunno to me it looked very basic... more of a checklist rather than a review, there were so much to talk about like the graphics or how differently it plays compared to any other modern fps for example.
I don't think it was bad whatsoever but it felt pretty sterile.

You think so? Dunno to me it looked very basic... more of a checklist rather than a review, there were so much to talk about like the graphics or how differently it plays compared to any other modern fps for example.

The review says you need to change your weapons and tactics depending on what and how you fight different enemies. Sounds accurate to me!

Tregard

Soothsayer

Unlikely to happen anytime soon unfortunately

Es tut mir leid

Mikey Jr.

Wow, they made some awesome gains with the pateron.

They essentially have 10 days to hit 40k though. I hope if they don't hit it, they can atleast buy that camera.

Philippo

Sometimes i wish Huber could voice his own reviews, i listened to the DOOM one and all i heard in my head was his hype voice screaming BLOOD, RIP, DEMONS, HELL.

LewieP

Sometimes i wish Huber could voice his own reviews, i listened to the DOOM one and all i heard in my head was his hype voice screaming BLOOD, RIP, DEMONS, HELL.

I like plenty of GT/EZA stuff, but I never really enjoy their reviews.

Obviously Brandon has a fantastic smooth voice, and it works well for a lot of stuff, but I can always tell that he is reporting opinions that he got from someone else. Considering how passionate and enthusiastic a lot of the allies are, I'd prefer to hear the opinions come straight from the horses mouth.

I like plenty of GT/EZA stuff, but I never really enjoy their reviews.

Obviously Brandon has a fantastic smooth voice, and it works well for a lot of stuff, but I can always tell that he is reporting opinions that he got from someone else. Considering how passionate and enthusiastic a lot of the allies are, I'd prefer to hear the opinions come straight from the horses mouth.
I see where you're coming from but, just for band reasons, they should keep hammering home that they are the same gt crew. Most people on youtube would immediatly recognize Brandon's "iconic" voice.
They should do more post-review discussions, just-played style, to cover that personal angle. I always liked those better than the reviews, but I get it's difficult to hqve them all together and make time for that kind of content (dk3 spoilercats wasthe exception).

fastmower

In my mind the word 'professional' is not synonymous with 'deep' or 'thoughtful'. I will always appreciate a more extensive exploration of the highs and lows of any game, but I absolutely think this doom review was clear, concise, well edited, and thusly very professional.

I just rewatched GT Live E3 Sony Conference, instant smiles.
But man it makes me wonder what dreams are left to fulfill?
I guess more news about all those things announced would be nice?

Personally I hope for Ni no Kuni 2 news. Beyond that DQ11 would be cool but I think they have their own event soonish.
New God of War seems like a sure thing.

What other ridiculous announcements are left? New Suikoden, Wild Arms?

I highly doubt they'll show Ni no Kuni 2 or DQXI, they're too niche for a major E3 conference. If they show any JRPGs it'll probably just be Final Fantasy and maybe Persona 5 because there's such a hardcore following for that game.

Last year will probably never be topped but if it were, I don't think we'd be able to see it coming. So I'd just be super hyped if we got these somewhat realistic announcements:
- Sony buying the Crash Bandicoot IP and announcing a reboot that actually looks good
- Resident Evil 7 and it's an actual survival horror game, not a shitty shooter
- RE2make trailer
- Final Fantasy XII HD
- Red Dead 3

Philippo

Ni No Kuni is all but niche, hell it sold more in the West than Japan, and it got a pretty big reaction at PSX.
I'm super positive it will be there. Maybe not with live gameplay since it's not the kind of genre that goes well with press conferences pacing, but it will be there.

sora87

Don't forget PSVR time too, really hope Sony host separate conference for VR.

Urgh yes. Worst case scenario is they waste 20+ minutes on VR and then waste time trying to sell us on PS4.5. Think of all the beautiful JRPG goodness we could see instead :(

J-Skee

Damn, Jones just trolled me with that "we now have a more open relationship with IGN". Would be great if they gave EZA a stage at E3.

Damn, Jones just trolled me with that "we now have a more open relationship with IGN". Would be great if they gave EZA a stage at E3.
Don't get your hopes up

They have no plans to work with them, and IGN has no real benefit to do so. Honestly the fact that they brought Brandon in and allowed him to promote Easy Allies is already way more than they had to do

Regardless they're still an indirect "competition" to the site since they provide reviews and whatnot. Whereas Kinda Funny has worked with Gamespot, but don't really do reviews as much as podcasts and discussions

I don't think Kinda Funny would work with IGN because their podcasts are direct competitors

I'm on the team that thinks last year can be topped. The thing is while FF7 is one of my favourite games of all time I am so sick and tired of SE announcing games years before they should. Shenmue 3 I have no real interest in, I'm mostly happy for the fans. Heck, I'd be more trilled personally to get a HD collection. Last Guardian is the closest one to me but I never once thought it was cancelled (hell, Yoshida himself said a few times that the whole game was being reworked due to engine problems back in 2012/2013 and it obviously would be a PS4 title at that point) and the game looked exactly like it did before, just touched up.

For me the ''trinity'' wasn't even the real highlight. IMO Uncharted 4 and Horizon were the real jewels. Both with an excellent gameplay demos, it's just a shame that Horizon leaked and UC4 was another one of those titles that was announced far too early.

My version of Sony E3 2016 that would top last year for me personally:

New announcements:
PS1 Classics on PS4.
Crash Bandicoot. Tight platforming gameplay demo, releases no later than 2017. Even better if it releases this year for 20th anniversary.
Sucker Punch Spider-Man. Also fine if a new IP/inFamous as long as it looks good and release was 2017.
Norse God of War. 2017, looks ridicilously good.
Resident Evil 7. More horror focus than 6. I'm fine with it still being quite actiony especially if REmake 2 gives a real throwback to the classic ones.
Something Completely Unexpected that hasn't been leaked or rumoured of. Maybe the title from Sucker Punch or something worked by a third party. Just something nobody expects. Last year was Shenmue 3, every other major game was either leaked, rumoured of or already known in some capacity.

Updates:
Resident Evil 2 Remake follows the formula of the first Remake. Releases next year.
Gravity Rush 2 release date. Enough said.
The Last Guardian release date. Enough said.
Nioh release date. Enough said.
Persona 5 release date (this year).
Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay trailer and release info (even better if they give a date).
Kingdom Hearts 3 blowout trailer with 2017 confirmed. Won't happen but certainly would be a crowd pleaser.

Mostly I'm just tired of games being announced super early. I think the longest time from E3 announcement to release should be the holiday season of next year. Now delays can always happen and I am all for it (Horizon possibly) but that game was obviously ready to be shown and I have no doubt they aimed for this year (could still happen). However there is no way in hell FF7 remake was releasing this year.

DKHF

My version of Sony E3 2016 that would top last year for me personally:

New announcements:
PS1 Classics on PS4.
Crash Bandicoot. Tight platforming gameplay demo, releases no later than 2017. Even better if it releases this year for 20th anniversary.
Sucker Punch Spider-Man. Also fine if a new IP/inFamous as long as it looks good and release was 2017.
Norse God of War. 2017, looks ridicilously good.
Resident Evil 7. More horror focus than 6. I'm fine with it still being quite actiony especially if REmake 2 gives a real throwback to the classic ones.
Something Completely Unexpected that hasn't been leaked or rumoured of. Maybe the title from Sucker Punch or something worked by a third party. Just something nobody expects. Last year was Shenmue 3, every other major game was either leaked, rumoured of or already known in some capacity.

Updates:
Resident Evil 2 Remake follows the formula of the first Remake. Releases next year.
Gravity Rush 2 release date. Enough said.
The Last Guardian release date. Enough said.
Nioh release date. Enough said.
Persona 5 release date (this year).
Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay trailer and release info (even better if they give a date).
Kingdom Hearts 3 blowout trailer with 2017 confirmed. Won't happen but certainly would be a crowd pleaser.
That would be mine except I would swap out Resident Evil with a DQXI western release announcement trailer (+ given a 2017 release window) and an FFVIIR stage demo, though I highly doubt either of those will happen (DQ because it's not even close to releasing in Japan and SE sadly wouldn't want to overshadow FFXV with more FFVIIR + it's not ready to be shown off extensively).

Daggoth

See, this is why they really need an office / professional stage environment. What if Sony 2016 > Sony 2015? If that happens in Brandon's garage, multiple people and possibly one dog WILL get hit by heavy flying objects. Occupational hazard y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom