• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a patreon only contributor, I wouldn't mind too much if the stream chat was twitch subscribers only. Wouldn't it be almost pointless if it were free-for-all with tons of people commenting?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
When is Frame Trap #5 up? When.

When.

When.

Ben.

When.

Bwhen.

insatiable thirst for hotakes

Auctopus

Frame Trap weeks are the best weeks. Kyle's really making me want to check out Tearaway.

I would highly recommend it, especially as you're a creative type.

Fun platforming, creative controls, range of environments, tons of experimenting with mechanics and art and it's pretty long. Also you can get it for a great price. I got it for £12 back in January and Kyle said he got his for $8 (which is ludicrous)

I would say the only issue is its pacing. Which isn't really a problem unless you play it in long sessions.

demu

Soo, I just watched a Q&A over at german RocketbeansTV (24/7 channel) and they brought up the possibility of doing cooperations with english speaking streamers, so they can take the night slot when Rocketbeans usually shows reruns. The name Easy Allies actually came up.
It could be a good opportunity for EZA to increase reach, because I've never seen less than 1,500 viewer on RBTV even at night time and they have a pretty large community.

What do you guys think? Should the Allies consider to not only stream on their own channel but also on Rocketbeans? It's not like there's an actual offer or something, just a scenario.

EZA and RBTV are so similiar it's ridicilous. But I don't know the plans of EZA and if the extra effort would be worth it after all.

Joqu

When is Frame Trap #5 up? When.

When.

When.

Ben.

When.

Bwhen.

insatiable thirst for hotakes

rquIuvf.png

TheCalGee

I would highly recommend it, especially as you're a creative type.

Fun platforming, creative controls, range of environments, tons of experimenting with mechanics and art and it's pretty long. Also you can get it for a great price. I got it for £12 back in January and Kyle said he got his for $8 (which is ludicrous)

I would say the only issue is its pacing. Which isn't really a problem unless you play it in long sessions.

Hm, it's $21.99 (Canadian) right now. Going to keep my eye on it.

Could be a great palette cleanser after I finish Doom as well.

I was checking out the EZA patreon stats on graphtreon.com and that uptake on Youtube subscribers is very promising.

Youtube Subscribers
Up 40.07% from last month

It's most likely because of the IGN thing, but I really hope they can keep it up. I'm super happy for them.

Joqu

that's just because he couldn't enter BM mode.

just you wait

I'm okay with this as long as I get a cool death quote

Ben... This is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you. - Me, probably.

Seriously though, wtf is a BM mode? Does it just stand for Ben Moore mode? Scary. Or is it something else? Am I supposed to be aware of it? I'm a terrible fan for not knowing aren't I? D:

Auctopus

Can someone explain this word thing? I'm going to listen to the second half on my commute and don't want to be so offended I run my car off the road.

wiibomb

I'm okay with this as long as I get a cool death quote

Ben... This is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you. - Me, probably.

Seriously though, wtf is a BM mode? Does it just stand for Ben Moore mode? Scary. Or is it something else? Am I supposed to be aware of it? I'm a terrible fan for not knowing aren't I? D:

I got some time before I figure it out.

I believe it literally stands for Bad Manners or Bad Mannerism mode

it is just when someone makes nasty jokes or trying to mess up with others.

it is quite funny when Ben enters the mode.

Joqu

I got some time before I figure it out.

I believe it literally stands for Bad Manners or Bad Mannerism mode

it is just when someone makes nasty jokes or trying to mess up with others.

it is quite funny when Ben enters the mode.

So what you're saying is that it does stand for Ben Moore. Good.

(thanks)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

You misunderstand me. I want the next Frame Trap. #5. Or maybe a Frame Trap #4 Golden. Just add in Don sidequest where he's writing poetry and being a weatherman. I don't know, jesus. Add bikes?

BM Ben is Ben's true form where he can unleash his full potential. Like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It stands for 'Bad Manners Ben'. If you are an unworthy challenger, he will tell you to uninstall the game and quit forever.

Salt of the mind, key to life's ether.

wiibomb

BM Ben is Ben's true form where he can unleash his full potential. Like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It stands for 'Bad Manners Ben'. If you are an unworthy challenger, he will tell you to uninstall the game and quit forever.

Ian is still the guilty about unleashing the beast on us.. I mean, it even backfires to him!!!

BM Ben also judges games, so, if a game is not worthy, he will just unleash an uninstall on it, like on Nioh demo.

Kneefoil

Can someone explain this word thing? I'm going to listen to the second half on my commute and don't want to be so offended I run my car off the road.

You probably won't be. It's just Ian getting pissy because Ben used the word "niggling" which sounds a lot like the n-word.

Ruruja

Love the Brandon plays Pokémon videos.

There's something about him excitedly discussing one of my treasured games from childhood that he's playing for the first time that makes you smile, you can tell Kyle really enjoys it too.

Looking forward to the next one.

Joqu

T-that's beautiful. But... I do believe what you're describing describing there is a Dark Souls boss. Hmm....

dark souls games are published by bandai namco

bandai manco

Bendai Mango

In 1995, the Guinness Book of World records listed the Carabao mango variety in the Philippines as the sweetest fruit in the world

You know what else released in 1995? Dragon Quest VI.

Hmmm.

https://twitter.com/benmoore035/status/653755632324059136

I always knew Ben was backed by that sweet, juicy Square-Namco money. Must be nice.

sora87

What do you guys think? Should the Allies consider to not only stream on their own channel but also on Rocketbeans? It's not like there's an actual offer or something, just a scenario.

I wouldn't want EZA spreading themselves thinner than they already are with their content. Maybe rocketbeans could stream some re-runs of EZA streams or something? Would be quite easy and open them up to more people.

Glad to see Brandon is a Land Before Time fan ;]

2a7103557bb582d3a1f5540247fc733e.png

That is a nice catch! Petrie was always one of my favorite characters. Just disappointed at how the movie studios ruined such a promising franchise with sequelitis. Have a soft spot for the 1st movie as it was one of the first movies I saw as a kid.

I was expecting a Doom gush fest, but was pleasantly surprised at the amount of love Valkyria Chronicles got on the podcast.

Re:Funny games - The Portal games has some of the wittiest writing around and made me laugh numerous time while playing them.

Huber's answer of Mirror's Edge for multiplayer is pretty cool. Capture the Flag would be great. Where you could throw the flag to team mates.

Ooh ooh or a huge game of It (tag for you American peasants) would be very fun.

Or Manhunt.

Yeah, Mirror's Edge should add multiplayer and have old school playground games as their modes.

Hasney

Re:Funny games - The Portal games has some of the wittiest writing around and made me laugh numerous time while playing them.

Speaking of, Valves team have still got it in the writing department. Their VR labs angry birds clone basically is fantastic just because of the personalities they give the calibration units. I really wish they could outsource them of they don't make many games anymore.

Tankard

Hey EZA, if anyone of you is kind to answer, you talked about filming an U4 spoilercast this week. As it is not to be seen on the schedule, is it safe to assume it's not happening this week?

Burt

That's a great call. Portal 2 is hilarious. Lots of more narrative-focused indies can hit the spot too. Stanley Parable is a great example.

Visceir

That other thread was made months before the actual show, haha. I actually kinda liked the anticipation and build-up just for everyone to be trolled by Kyle. It was a glorious trainwreck.

Tsosie

So we do not have an exact time for the stand-up? I do not usually watch the group stream like, except last week for the announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom