• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsosie

That E3 40K funding goal thread is doing Easy Allies zero favours.
I stopped in and said what I could to get the theme of the thread back on track. Luckily, I do not see it actually hurting them in the long run. I do not think anyone was on the fence about donating before that thread and decided not to. I have personally decided not to add anything more to it so that I do not keep bumping it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
1) I don't need to see another 2 hours of Overwatch when they have played 50 hours of it.

2) Minecraft? Really, I want to watch more minecraft?

Voted Turtles.

Ah, good points. I suppose I don't pay enough attention to streams to be tired of Mario Minecraft or Overwatch, though I get that they have had way more exposure than TMNT. I hope I didn't present my thoughts in a way that suggested that voting for TMNT was wrong. Thanks for your thoughts.

sora87

It may have been a bad idea but I am certain that the ally that started it was doing it to promote the group. We all want to see them succeed.

He really shouldn't have worded it how he did, people will see the title and think EZA are just looking for money to film themselves doing over the top freakout reactions

Kasper

The poster clearly had the best of intentions in mind, but even if that thread had been worded properly it was still a bad idea in my opinion. While it isn't EZA doing it or even condoning it for that matter, it still reflects poorly upon them and makes it seem like they're homeless bums begging for cash. I know I at least can't stand it when some struggling Kickstarter project gets thread after thread of begging for more support whenever the slightest piece of news pops up as it kind of reeks of desperation.

That said, what's done is done, hopefully the thread quickly sinks down and gets ignored. I highly doubt it'll have any lasting implications, so who cares, but you know, I would say chill it with the new threads unless there's something new worth writing about. New Bosman at Home eps are big crowd pleasers, Retrospectives are as well, so those kind of things would make sense, but EZA needing cash money for a stretch goal will only bring the "everything should be free, WAKE UP SHEEPLE" kind of posters out of the woodwork.

DMiz

He really shouldn't have worded it how he did, people will see the title and think EZA are just looking for money to film themselves doing over the top freakout reactions

It was definitely disheartening seeing a lot of people thinking that EZA was attempting to "mill the mine" with respect to fan support. The guys are not out there to do this kind of thing but that's what the takeaway message seemed to be because of the poor wording.

I don't believe that that thread will have any lasting negative effect, but it was definitely tough to see people who are not aware of the crew taking things the wrong way.

As stated, though, I'm sure that the poster who originally created that thread had the best intentions.

Yeah that thread isn't great, especially some of the shitposting in there jeez. The damage is kinda done though hopefully it gets off the front page soon enough

The poster clearly had the best of intentions in mind, but even if that thread had been worded properly it was still a bad idea in my opinion.

I agree. There is no reason to create separate threads especially when there is a community thread already active on neogafs front page. It also comes across in poor taste. There is no need to create separate threads. And in all honesty, neogaf is pretty much tapped out by now so it's not going to matter.

When does this thread get shifted over to gaming community?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thing about that thread it makes me want to clarify so many things.
Like that these stretch goals were their way to accommodate demand in a smart way without compromising the whole studio thing. Or that the E3 coverage isn't really about recreating that moment jeez.

But better to let it sink to the bottom already made the mistake of posting there once.

c461eccf0afe71c9ce49fe197a20d107.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
terrible thread title. haha...recreate implies that the reactions weren't genuine. if i ever found out that EZA were actors I'd be crushed
not really i'd probably still watch them as they are entertaining

terrible thread title. haha...recreate implies that the reactions weren't genuine. if i ever found out that EZA were actors I'd be crushed
not really i'd probably still watch them as they are entertaining

I think we all know from the Beastie Boys rap last week that I am no great actor.

ilium

That stretch goal thread... SMH
Some people have such a weird and warped perception of reality, it's kind of amazing, really.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
When you stay up late between trying to finish programming assignments and good old gaf procrastination in hope that the new Frame Trap episode hits before you're finished, just EU problems. :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I need a GIF of that final moment from that Yahoo video.

And yeah, I know the OP of that thread had good intentions, but people will only see the title and think "that's manipulative". I didn't feel like posting there, but seeing people calling the guys like that is just wrong.

Thoughts 1 minute in:

:lol, guys, next time don't put the mics right in front of everyone's face...

I need a GIF of that final moment from that Yahoo video.

And yeah, I know the OP of that thread had good intentions, but people will only see the title and think "that's manipulative". I didn't feel like posting there, but seeing people calling the guys like that is just wrong.
The thread title is intentionally manipulative (and not any good at it, because when you're being obviously manipulative, it backfires). EZA isn't. If people can't see the difference, they are being dumb.

Not to throw the guy who made it under the bus. We've all made mistakes. Like buying NiGHTS 2...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The thread title is intentionally manipulative (and not any good at it, because when you're being obviously manipulative, it backfires). EZA isn't. If people can't see the difference, they are being dumb.

Not to throw the guy who made it under the bus. We've all made mistakes. Like buying NiGHTS 2...

Yeah, I know. The thing is that the thread is aimed at people who might not know about EZA, and they might think that the title was something promised by EZA.

Plus, people only read titles and not even the content of the thread itself.

Tankard

I had to stop in the middle of Frame Trap episode to let this out.

You know that really great friend of you that you love, but from time to time will say really stupid things and embarrass you in front of people? That's Ian to me, From time to time i just sigh and say to myself "For fuck sake, Ian, are you kidding me? Just stop".

Love you, Ian.

Continue Frame Trap, awesome episode so far.

I'll say that I'm all in favor of them not getting a studio. I like the homey atmosphere, similar to what's on KFG too. But I guess using the house forever isn't feasible.

Dmax3901

I'll say that I'm all in favor of them not getting a studio. I like the homey atmosphere, similar to what's on KFG too. But I guess using the house forever isn't feasible.

I agree, but if they have a separate place to go just to film stuff, it could lead to more silly videos and Final Bosmanesque 'bonus bits' of them all mucking around. I miss those.

I agree, but if they have a separate place to go just to film stuff, it could lead to more silly videos and Final Bosmanesque 'bonus bits' of them all mucking around. I miss those.
That's true I guess. I just honestly really like the couch vibe over the old desk. It's pretty nice.

Ian out here with the trigger points smh lol. His asides are so obtuse I can't help but appreciate them. But let's not do the language thing again.

The mic placement in front of Kyle gives him this air of mystery. Love it.

Ian out here with the trigger points smh lol. His asides are so obtuse I can't help but appreciate them. But let's not do the language thing again.

The mic placement in front of Kyle gives him this air of mystery. Love it.

Just 4... I mean 5 white guys trying to figure it out.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I used to think that but after a certain Cup of Jones and going through older GT videos I can't help but see the advantages.

1. Studio doesn't have to mean what a studio was at GT or generally is at other places. Homey atmosphere can totally come just from how you design the space. Jones seemed pretty excited thinking/talking with the team about the possibilities of a studio that really fit them.

Thinking about it in Dota 2 there are really cool examples of caster "studios" having somewhat unique spaces fitted to them. Like there is this tournament called "the Summit" run by BTS where they do a good job I think of delivering good production but having a very casual atmosphere. They basically just have a house set up and inbetween panels/commentary happens on a couch. Their new office space is also more aligned with that.

2. Right now they all have to coordinate to record stuff and I heard them mention I think that Ben lives further away from Jones taking a lot of time just getting there to record.
A studio space that is easier accessible to everyone would make creating content easier.

3. A studio where they all meet everyday to do work makes spontaneous stuff/smaller things possible. Think GT's "Just Played" or "Thanks for playing" where they gather together to shoot a short thing on something recent they played and that they want to talk about.

4. Ben said that he would love to do Frame Trap weekly and that a studio would allow that to happen.
https://twitter.com/BenMoore035/status/733542250668380165

TLDR a studio actually doesn't necessarily mean going more "professional" run of the mill coverage. It actually would serve for higher productivity and raising output if done right or at the very least open more possibilities for other types of content.

Tankard

No Bruce lee:

"UPDATE:
It's 7pm PT, time to call the vote or Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon, and I've discovered the game does not run on my Xbox 360. Tonight I'll be streaming a Mystery Bonus Dumb Game, and then we'll pick up Bruce Lee on Monday, June 6th, since I'll be away next Monday. I guess if we come back here and Spyro has somehow overtaken Bruce, we can switch games. Also, thanks for the voting using this peculiar new method. I think it kinda works!".

I used to think that but after a certain Cup of Jones and going through older GT videos I can't help but see the advantages.

1. Studio doesn't have to mean what a studio was at GT or generally is at other places. Homey atmosphere can totally come just from how you design the space. Jones seemed pretty excited thinking/talking with the team about the possibilities of a studio that really fit them.

Thinking about it in Dota 2 there are really cool examples of caster "studios" having somewhat unique spaces fitted to them. Like there is this tournament called "the Summit" run by BTS where they do a good job I think of delivering good production but having a very casual atmosphere. They basically just have a house set up and inbetween panels/commentary happens on a couch. Their new office space is also more aligned with that.

2. Right now they all have to coordinate to record stuff and I heard them mention I think that Ben lives further away from Jones taking a lot of time just getting there to record.
A studio space that is easier accessible to everyone would make creating content easier.

3. A studio where they all meet everyday to do work makes spontaneous stuff/smaller things possible. Think GT's "Just Played" or "Thanks for playing" where they gather together to shoot a short thing on something recent they played and that they want to talk about.

4. Ben said that he would love to do Frame Trap weekly and that a studio would allow that to happen.
https://twitter.com/BenMoore035/status/733542250668380165

TLDR a studio actually doesn't necessarily mean going more "professional" run of the mill coverage. It actually would serve for higher productivity and raising output if done right or at the very least open more possibilities for other types of content.
That's a good point about the decoration actually.

Alright I guess I'm at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom