• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Oh god, totally forgot about the great "what colour is the Y button" debate on the shenmue 2 stream. Huber in full melt down mode

Auctopus

Yeah I get that. Maybe it is farther away than anyone thinks though.

Yeah it sounds like it now. Also, if the leaks hadn't happened then sure, they're right to not talk about it until it's closer to the date.

But right now, I think they need to clear the air a bit. They don't need a full revel but maybe something similar to what Reggie said last year about the NX. "It's real but we're not ready to talk about it"

That SIFTD line. Ooft!

These bets have inspired me to do something similar with my brother during the Euros.

If Giroud scores tonight I have to log into his PSN account and play a PES2016 game online every day for the rest of the month to bump up his MyClub points. If Giroud fails to score he has to finish Dark Souls 3 by the end of the month.

Auctopus

Okay, Brandon Jones comments on Siege was just objectively wrong. Has he played a second of that game?

It's one of the best shooters of the generation and easily the most unique and wouldn't work as episodic as it's essentially a Hero shooter. It's like saying launch Overwatch with just Genji and Bastion and then release the other characters episodically. Just no. Also, there's a very strong cult following of the game, just because the wider spectrum isn't talking about it, doesn't mean nobody is.

This is sort of what I mean by I wish if the guys aren't massively interested in a game or don't know a lot about it, just don't really talk about it.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was alluding to. But an interview to FT isn't the same as on stage at E3.

UrbanRats

Okay, Brandon Jones comments on Siege was just objectively wrong. Has he played a second of that game?

It's one of the best shooters of the generation and easily the most unique and wouldn't work as episodic as it's essentially a Hero shooter. It's like saying launch Overwatch with just Genji and Bastion and then release the other characters episodically. Just no. Also, there's a very strong cult following of the game, just because the wider spectrum isn't talking about it, doesn't mean nobody is.

This is sort of what I mean by I wish if the guys aren't massively interested in a game or don't know a lot about it, just don't really talk about it.

I'm still butt hurt because to me R6 was always a great single player tactical experience.
Even the Vegas game, which were pretty brain dead, still had a fun enough single player.

wiibomb

That SIFTD line. Ooft!

These bets have inspired me to do something similar with my brother during the Euros.

If Giroud scores tonight I have to log into his PSN account and play a PES2016 game online every day for the rest of the month to bump up his MyClub points. If Giroud fails to score he has to finish Dark Souls 3 by the end of the month.

I did E3 bets with my friends:
so, after the E3 hype of that last Frame Trap and the anticipation of the E3 bet specials, my friends and I got our own little betting game too over here.

got an image for you guys about our bets:

some of them are in spanish because in my free-writting I tend to mix a lot bot languages since I find that funny. I will have to write a review of Super Meat Boy if I lose these bets

God fucking dammit!!!!

wow wow... the hype is consuming you!!!!

Kyle's right though. They need to talk about Neo very soon. They're just making the mistake of not mentioning the elephant in the room.

This is different to the standard end of generation console announcement though, where no-one cares if the old consoles suddenly drop off a cliff. If the Neo isn't coming out till October and they announce it in June, what are they going to do with the current PS4 in the four months in between? I think the best idea is to announce these iterative consoles as close as possible to release. So if it's coming out in October, Gamescom in August or TGS in September would be the better bets.

While we're on the subject, Brandon's point that Sony shouldn't try to sell us on the Neo was weird. It seemed like he was suggesting they pull a Xbone DRM style announcement, by rushing through it and hoping people don't get pissed. Sounds like the worst possible way to announce it, especially for people like me in the middle who aren't upset it's coming out but need a reason to actually buy it. I'm not in the habit of buying consoles just for the sake of having them.

Anyway, loved the betting special. Go Huber!

kenta

Has no PEINS
While we're on the subject, Brandon's point that Sony shouldn't try to sell us on the Neo was weird. It seemed like he was suggesting they pull a Xbone DRM style announcement, by rushing through it and hoping people don't get pissed. Sounds like the worst possible way to announce it, especially for people like me in the middle who aren't upset it's coming out but need a reason to actually buy it. I'm not in the habit of buying consoles just for the sake of having them.
I took it as him not wanting them to devalue the existing PS4 that everyone has in their home already... Tell us what it is but don't make it seem like it's an essential upgrade and that we'll be totally missing out by not spending the hundreds of dollars to, well, keep up with the Joneses

(unfortunate colloquialism and subject matter overlap)

Lexad

I am curious what their 5pm show on Tuesday is about.

Also, we don't know which allies are at which conference discussion do we?

I need a gif of Huber sleeping in the latest Syndrome episode-

am8HMnA.gif

I took it as him not wanting them to devalue the existing PS4 that everyone has in their home already... Tell us what it is but don't make it seem like it's an essential upgrade and that we'll be totally missing out by not spending the hundreds of dollars to, well, keep up with the Joneses

So basically "don't be EA Sports"? No selling the new model by shitting on the old one? I can agree with that. Sony needs to walk a fine line of selling the Neo while at the same time reassuring existing PS4 owners that they aren't being left behind.

Tankard

Exactly how i understood it too and i agree, i'm not sure you wanna make a big fuzz about it and devalue over 40 million PS4's out there.

KeRaSh

Oh man final bets got me hyped! I was really rooting for Bosman to see Huber do the action figure improv but then Huber dropped the gamechanger on us. I NEED Bosman to stream the GOAT. :D

Kasper

I've fallen a bit behind on the thread due to exams this week. Anything interesting happen over the past few pages?

Also, super excited about Bosman on Keighleys show!

Mikey Jr.

They really should do a youtube video.

It worked out really well for promoting their eza plays channel.

Honestly, without gaf, I would have no idea they even have a site.

Volotaire

I don't think the site was intended to be revealed just yet hence the lack of media surrounding it. It was proabably going to be one of the E3 surprises during the stream concerning Easy Allies.

Tankard

lol, Shawn Layden just dropped into the stream chat.

He is always on their streams pretending to be shawn Layden, usually people ignore him and pay attention only when some of the EZA guys notice him, lol.

Edit: About the Website, really nice, clean and responsive, it actually surprised me. Good job, guys.

I don't think we were meant to know about it. Probably just a shadow release to get some users on and bugs worked out, with a full reveal to come this weekend during E3.

Lexad

Yeah, no way was it supposed to be announced until Tuesday at that 5pm stream.

I thought it was fake at first, similar to the EazyAllies fake patreon

It's silly. Giant Bomb isn't a group of video-game hating cynics, and the chat parroting out-of-context Gerstmann quotes to rile up EZA is just frustrating.
I felt like Ben was responding more to the people here on GAF and elsewhere that manage to take offense to Huber (et al)'s excitement about games.

Tankard

It's silly. Giant Bomb isn't a group of video-game hating cynics, and the chat parroting out-of-context Gerstmann quotes to rile up EZA is just frustrating.

Ben did say he really liked Giant Bomb and Jeff, although Huber and Brad clearly don't. They did agree that they are just opposites.
I kinda think this "Giant Bomb vs. EZA" thing for them being (rightfully or not) recognized as the representatives of Hype/Anti-Hype will continue being frustrating for you guys fans of both, unfortunately.
I wish everyone no hate, just Knack.

I felt like Ben was responding more to the people here on GAF and elsewhere that manage to take offense to Huber (et al)'s excitement about games.

there's nothing to even say about this. It was a conversation that began and ended with complete respect. no one needs to keep recycling the same year old conversation from gaf to chat back to gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom