• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Giant Bomb conversation on the stream is getting a bit heated, lol.
Chat was throwing gasoline on a fire antagonizing them and it was extremely off putting from the community side.

Also, did Jeff every call them unprofessional? because i don't remember him making it and i agree with blood it was started and ended with respect i have no ill will towards either sides i love EZA, i love GB love all around.
I don't think he ever did that, no.
If he did i have no relocation and if he didn't again shame on the trolls for trying to start shit that is what angers me most about this whole non-situation.

Tankard

Chat was throwing gasoline on a fire antagonizing them and it was extremely off putting from the community side.

Also, did Jeff every call them unprofessional? because i don't remember him making it and i agree with blood it was started and ended with respect.

*sigh*

NottoDisuShittoAgen.jpg

What's up with this EZA/GB ... "thing"?
GB is good peoples. Sure, a totally different approach and style, but I have huge respect for Jeff & co.
Respect diversity and let's all be cool!
o/

He never did but as usual people make it worse by telephone/word of mouth

Similar to the Kinda Funny thing where Kyle just poked fun at the name, and on their Gamescast they were like "yeah I just saw the one where he was talking shit about us" "oh no I don't think they were talking shit, I think he called us sellouts or something"

Regardless, I'd wager it's pretty annoying if you have a bunch of people whining to you that "you hate games, so depressing, quit"

EZA vs. GB is no better than console fanboy bickering

kenta

Has no PEINS
EZA and GB are literally the only two outlets I follow (and pay for); I continue to be baffled that people feel the need to pick sides and talk smack or whatever. Tons of quality content and great personality all around, people need to check themselves

EZA and GB are literally the only two outlets I follow (and pay for); I continue to be baffled that people feel the need to pick sides and talk smack or whatever. Tons of quality content and great personality all around, people need to check themselves
+1

I love and support both, and go to each outlet for different things. They have different people with different gaming backgrounds and tastes - so they've pretty much just got entirely different tones in how they cover games and how they react to things.

Both are top tier IMO.

I'll be watching both at E3, though I'll be watching EZA for conferences since I really like their positive / excitable attitude. After the conferences, I'll be watching GB's podcasts/etc live since they're the best in the business when it comes to that. After that? I'll be catching up on whatever I missed from either : P

styl3s

yo but what do people think about knack 2 rising: reknackance
1363.gif

.. Yeah, alright i am totally down day 1.

kenta

Has no PEINS
+1

I love and support both, and go to each outlet for different things. They have different people with different gaming backgrounds and tastes - so they've pretty much just got entirely different tones in how they cover games and how they react to things.

Both are top tier IMO.

I'll be watching both at E3, though I'll be watching EZA for conferences since I really like their positive / excitable attitude. After the conferences, I'll be watching GB's podcasts/etc live since they're the best in the business when it comes to that. After that? I'll be catching up on whatever I missed from either : P
Yeah, see, I like you. Let's go stuff our mouths with nacho cheese and Oreos and yell HYYYYYPE at each other until we pass out

...before they wreck themselves.

>.> ... <.<

I'll see myself out...
no, man, you nailed it. You can come too

Giever

I felt like Ben was responding more to the people here on GAF and elsewhere that manage to take offense to Huber (et al)'s excitement about games.

Ben did say he really liked Giant Bomb and Jeff, although Huber and Brad clearly don't. They did agree that they are just opposites.
I kinda think this "Giant Bomb vs. EZA" thing for them being (rightfully or not) recognized as the representatives of Hype/Anti-Hype will continue being frustrating for you guys fans of both, unfortunately.
I wish everyone no hate, just Knack.

there's nothing to even say about this. It was a conversation that began and ended with complete respect. no one needs to keep recycling the same year old conversation from gaf to chat back to gaf

Yeah, wasn't meaning to suggest that EZA themselves didn't handle it just fine, I just find the argument itself that keeps coming out of the community distasteful and annoying. Ben and the others addressed it all fine.

I suppose I should've just left well enough alone rather than continue on about the topic, though, so my bad!

Szeth

So I just won the EZA hearthstone tournament on some absolutely gross luck, on Rag in particular. For context I legitimately think I'm the unluckiest person to play this game (flame juggler is a 2/3 hit face for 1), so tonight was a complete 180 of how my games usually go. Good time for it I guess :p

Never expected to win with the weird Spell Shaman which I used just for fun shenanigans. GGs to everyone!

So I just won the EZA hearthstone tournament on some absolutely gross luck, on Rag in particular. For context I legitimately think I'm the unluckiest person to play this game (flame juggler is a 2/3 hit face for 1), so tonight was a complete 180 of how my games usually go. Good time for it I guess :p

Never expected to win with the weird Spell Shaman which I used just for fun shenanigans. GGs to everyone!
And now you get a box of anime! GG

K.Sabot

Also, did Jeff every call them unprofessional? because i don't remember him making it and i agree with blood it was started and ended with respect i have no ill will towards either sides i love EZA, i love GB love all around.

Just to clarify and give some closure, as the whole ordeal is dumb. It was a lot of the Giant Bomb E3 thread regulars that responded poorly to the GT hype moment because there was a swath of people who responded poorly to GB's general skepticism and disinterest displayed over the E3 conferences. GB itself never has had anything to do with it.

Basically GAF doing GAF things per the regular.

Aters

I actually think EZA is a little bit too hyperbolic while GB is just depressing (I don't evem think they like games). In a perfect world there is a middle groud that always keeps the positive energy yet remains professional.

Now you get a Ben Moore lewdbox.

I actually think EZA is a little bit too hyperbolic while GB is just depressing. In a perfect world there is a middle groud that always keeps the positive energy yet remains professional.

Just let people be people. No one needs to be this or that. They are who they are.

I'm the kind of guy who like 95% of games I play. Some people would think "Dude you just can't see the flaws or are too caught up in the hype" and yet it's true. It's a huge rarity I sit down and hate a game. The last time I can remember that happening is Soul Caliber 5. And there are other people who are a lot more critical and that's ok too.

In other words people just have different tastes and different styles in life. No one "needs" to be anything. Not EZA. And not Giant Bomb.

We are all cool as fuck :)

so1337

I actually think EZA is a little bit too hyperbolic while GB is just depressing. In a perfect world there is a middle groud that always keeps the positive energy yet remains professional.
Both sides of the spectrum are interesting exactly because they are kind of extreme.

Besides, Giant Bomb East fits your description very well I think.

I actually think EZA is a little bit too hyperbolic while GB is just depressing (I don't evem think they like games). In a perfect world there is a middle groud that always keeps the positive energy yet remains professional.
I don't find this true of the EZA crew, but actually of the fanbase sometimes. Everyone means well, but it's a bit much at times.

I like EZA's exuberance. I don't need pessimism from media personalities, I have that to spare on my own. But the excitement has to be genuine -- and EZA's is.

Hasney

Wait, blink-182 are playing at Bethesda? Is Ben going to sing along live?

EDIT: Shit, after posting just remembered that Tom isn't in the band anymore anyway.

There's far too much negativity and pessimism in the video game press and community in general, which is why I cherish the Easy Allies crew while at the same time consciously avoid Giant Bomb. The personalities of Huber, Moore, Ellis et al. are simply more needed in my mind.

I watched some of the GB Sony stream last year after the commotion it caused and, relentless grumpiness aside, the one thing that bugged me was that, when Shenmue 3 came on screen, some of the crew start physically reacting and shuffling about in their seats, but they quickly regain their composure, as if they're contractually obligated to not lose their shit, lest they be fired by Gerstmann or something. And I'm thinking to myself, why are you all trying so hard to look nonplussed?

Liamc723

There's far too much negativity and pessimism in the video game press and community in general, which is why I cherish the Easy Allies crew while at the same time consciously avoid Giant Bomb. The personalities of Huber, Moore, Ellis et al. are simply more needed in my mind.

I watched some of the GB Sony stream last year after the commotion it caused and, relentless grumpiness aside, the one thing that bugged me was that, when Shenmue 3 came on screen, some of the crew start physically reacting and shuffling about in their seats, but they quickly regain their composure, as if they're contractually obligated to not lose their shit, lest they be fired by Gerstmann or something. And I'm thinking to myself, why are you all trying so hard to look nonplussed?

Associating negativity and pessimism with Giant Bomb means you've clearly taken upon the stereotypical view and you haven't actually watched much of their content.

They're positive about many things.

El-Suave

A random Valkyria Chronicles Remastered review appears

https://youtu.be/cv3HEVGJmr8

Great review once again, personally I would have given it a full five stars but I'm a huge fan of this game. Got a Japanese artbook, an Alicia statue and the soundtrack back in the day. And I don't even like Anime! Ben is right about the ranking criteria being stupid though, so I can forgive the missing half star.

Axass

The constant Giant Bomb bashing is awful. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't care about GB at all.

Why the constant need to make comparisons? I honestly never got the urge to shit on anyone to appreciate EZA more.

plufim

Hey jerks? Could you like, stop trying to make EZA vs GB a thing? It's super unhelpful.

Kyle's right though. They need to talk about Neo very soon. They're just making the mistake of not mentioning the elephant in the room.

It's quite possible they do mention it, they just don't have hands-on hardware. Like Nintendo, where "only Zelda" is at E3, but there's a day of streaming "not Zelda" content.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It's kind of funny how this thread is rather obsessed with Giant Bomb VS EZA while in the Giant Bomb thread people would most likely don't know who or what EZA even is. I've never seen them mentioned in any GB threads or content anywhere.

Some people like the extreme exuberance of EZA, some people enjoy the realness and level-headedness of Giant Bomb. Many also like both. Let it the fuck go.

Myggen

I know Hasney has spelled this out in this thread a number of times before, but is there any piece of content where they lay out their E3 plans in full?

Also as I said in the GB E3 thread, as a fan of both GB and EZA, my hope for E3 is that people can just put this weird GB vs GT and EZA fanboy war to bed. It was the worst part of E3 2015 for me by far. It literally almost got the mods to close the GB Community thread for a month last E3 and was hugely embarrassing for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom