• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapplew

Glad they choose to do none stop e3 streaming, I hope they have enough energy to last the whole day, it'll be disappointing if they all half asleep on Sony conference.

Alucrid

Banned
every time i watch an eza review i think that when the stars start to disappear it's counting down to whatever score it'll get.

Philippo

Glad they choose to do none stop e3 streaming, I hope they have enough energy to last the whole day, it'll be disappointing if they all half asleep on Sony conference.

Don't worry, scientific studies have demonstrated that Huber's hype during E3 season alone is capable of sustain all of USA's power needs for a whole day.
He'll be able to split his aura like Law and keep everyone on their feet.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
End of the day e3 Giantbomb is always fun they have lots of people coming over just casually chatting. In that environment they're really successful at making people comfortable enough to often forget their PR training. Like Spencer last year I think it was, was great.

It's like everyone is actually people(surprise!) and a bit more than whatever the public tries to simplify them down to. Can't help it but wanting to troll people that make these weird statements of x are too pessimistic based on a few moments they saw of someone on stream. And then try to math down how well people would mesh with each other and try to find reason why y combos won't work.
This is especially worse in any esports community I've been part of were people paint pictures of personalities based on one word often without the correct context.... very annoying to read.

People are generally more complex than that at least I choose to believe so.

wapplew

Don't worry, scientific studies have demonstrated that Huber's hype during E3 season alone is capable of sustain all of USA's power needs for a whole day.
He'll be able to split his aura like Law and keep everyone on their feet.

I hope his aura can reach my place, I don't know I have the strength for whole day of EZA goodness.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Any word about the Allies showing up at different outlets other than BJ and Kyle?

Brandon said on the Hearthstone stream there might be others places he isn't sure if he can talk about so for now only thing official is the ign up at noon gig.
Edit: Damn misread, sry. Other allies aside from Kyle and Jones haven't commented on showing up in other places.

Myggen

Any word about the Allies showing up at different outlets other than BJ and Kyle?

BJ and Kyle sounds like a great tagteam.

Not seen anything on the Tweeterz.

Have they said anything about where Kyle and Jones will turn up?

Brandon said on the Hearthstone stream there might be others places he isn't sure if he can talk about so for now only the ign up at noon.

Aight.

Tankard

So I just won the EZA hearthstone tournament on some absolutely gross luck, on Rag in particular. For context I legitimately think I'm the unluckiest person to play this game (flame juggler is a 2/3 hit face for 1), so tonight was a complete 180 of how my games usually go. Good time for it I guess :p

Never expected to win with the weird Spell Shaman which I used just for fun shenanigans. GGs to everyone!

Dude, you wipped the floor with Ben ( i guess, i watched good part of the tourney and still know 0% what is going on in this game, haha).

Congratulations, man, let us know what animes did he send you.

Gaf wins again!

ito007

That 2 hour podcast is my favorite episode of all of them so far. They were just on a roll with discussion points. I really found myself nodding to a lot of what Brandon had to say as well this episode. The dude made some great arguments.

link1201

I still need to figure out what snacks to get, and what beer to get, Bud/Coors light or some random IPA
Not sure if you can get it in your area but I was in St. Louis a couple weeks ago and found my favorite summertime beer.
R5S13Hz.jpg

Volotaire

It's kind of funny how this thread is rather obsessed with Giant Bomb VS EZA while in the Giant Bomb thread people would most likely don't know who or what EZA even is. I've never seen them mentioned in any GB threads or content anywhere.

Some people like the extreme exuberance of EZA, some people enjoy the realness and level-headedness of Giant Bomb. Many also like both. Let it the fuck go.

Eh, I mention them in the GB thread frequently.

My main hope for the conference streams is that the Allies take up the vast majority of screen space.
I can easily watch the e3 conference in another window if I want to.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So Gaf which Allies do you want for each conference?

If its going to be like last year 4 person are the main panelist at a time.

Last thing Kyle said in twitch chat last night, Sony Conference will be Ben/Huber/Ian/Brad(I think?) + Damiani if there they can have 5th seat.
Then I think Kyle is on for Microsoft with Keighley so he's out for that.
Not sure if anything Brandon is on would conflict.

To be honest I would love to have Kyle on Sony anyway just because of the bets like Crash or Onimusha but no biggie. As for the other conferences I don't really mind any combo.

farisr

My main hope for the conference streams is that the Allies take up the vast majority of screen space.
I can easily watch the e3 conference in another window if I want to.
Last time I posted expressing the same sentiment, Brad responded that the Allies are very aware of this request.

So I hope they have figured out a way to set it up this way.

Burt

I still need to figure out what snacks to get, and what beer to get, Bud/Coors light or some random IPA

Dual wield Bud Light Tall Boys of Bet Dodging +2. Chug and replace one every time a bet is contributed to.

Yes, that means every second Shawn Layden's hands are touching.

Broank

Oh man just saw the E3 bets showdown. lol

Love how much fun they have with it. Think I'm gonna start following these guys. Sometimes it seems like all the other gaming podcasts I listen to are always just talking about how much work E3 is and how it should die (which gets old hearing that same discussion for months)

Hasney

Hm, if they're on the bigger part of the screen I may have to re-think my setup. I'd much rather see the conference. But like you said, doing it that way increases options.

I may have the joy of 2015 of syncing audio to streams again with the EZA audio coming out of my soundbar while the regular conference is on my TV.

Last thing Kyle said in twitch chat last night, Sony Conference will be Ben/Huber/Ian/Brad(I think?) + Damiani if there they can have 5th seat.
Then I think Kyle is on for Microsoft with Keighley so he's out for that.
Not sure if anything Brandon is on would conflict.

To be honest I would love to have Kyle on Sony anyway just because of the bets like Crash or Onimusha but no biggie. As for the other conferences I don't really mind any combo.
If it's four people, I'd like Sony to be Ben, Huber, Kyle, Brad.

Szeth

So Gaf which Allies do you want for each conference?

If its going to be like last year 4 person are the main panelist at a time.

Really hope to see Huber and Kyle in all of them (minus MS for Kyle of course), but especially for Sony, can't break up the team from last year!

And unless there's technical reasons I don't think they should limit themselves to 4 people. Heck they actually had 5 people last year with Ian in the booth.

Umibozu

I just want Damiani by himself giving his thoughts on nintendo's booth after the first day on the show floor. Maybe a picture in picture of Kyle's face reacting with no audio. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much.

Really hope to see Huber and Kyle in all of them (minus MS for Kyle of course), but especially for Sony, can't break up the team from last year!

And unless there's technical reasons I don't think they should limit themselves to 4 people. Heck they actually had 5 people last year with Ian in the booth.

Totally agree!
I was just thinking this the other day.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I think 5 is max really in my experience you don't want to have panel like content get to crazy with the number of people to be able to give everyone their time to speak.
But that's more for the setup of a panel at the center discuss stuff.
There are certainly lots of possible setups and depending how crazy your production goes you can certainly account for more people in a satisfying way with switching if you have a multicam setup, etc but that stuff isn't always easy.

Space could be a limit to certain setups.

Alucrid

Banned

but elyse

sora87

I have to admit I'd prefer it if they just had it like their Tuesday night streams with everyone watching together. If they're building some kinda desk though I can see why they might have to choose who to have on camera.

I'd love to have some guest appearances, Matt Blair stopping by for a bit would be awesome especially if we see Shenmue 3 gameplay. It'd be cool if Craig from screwattack stopped by one night too, he really seems to love the crew, he was heaping all the praise in the world on them when he was on their E3 stream last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom