• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

When will Brandon be on IGN?

4pm PDT

t1465772400z4.png

mcw

I know I already said this. But during EA's conference when they were talking about their charities, a whole bunch of people in EZA twitch were saying "oh SJW bullshit" and things along those lines. Like... a lot of people were. I know twitch is twitch, but it's kinda grossed me out knowing that those sort of people like EZA too.

OK.

K.Sabot

I know I already said this. But during EA's conference when they were talking about their charities, a whole bunch of people in EZA twitch were saying "oh SJW bullshit" and things along those lines. Like... a lot of people were. I know twitch is twitch, but it's kinda grossed me out knowing that those sort of people like EZA too.

you should stop enjoying easy allies right this moment because of your disgust that people you find distasteful also like the things you like.

I had the same thoughts, a few were subscribers too. Very gross.

you should stop enjoying easy allies right this moment because of your disgust that people you find distasteful also like the things you like.
Or just accept that crowd funded things are funded by garbage people too and move on with a little less innocence than before.

It would probably be faster to type out 'okay' than to capitalize both letters.

Alucrid

Banned

i didn't see that, disappointing, but not surprising i guess with it being video games and all.

Jonnax

Unfortunately for the Reddit and similar crowd, misogyny is the hip thing like Atheism was a few years ago.

Except a lot more disgusting.

K.Sabot

Rather extreme responses don't you think, I was merely bringing it up for discussion. So defensive.

There's nothing to discuss here, assholes on the internet also enjoy videogames and by that extension they also enjoy people talking about videogames. It's unavoidable and I'm surprised you learned about this just now.

Bringing it up just gives them the attention they crave and puts a damper on an otherwise unrelated thread.

mcw

Rather extreme responses don't you think, I was merely bringing it up for discussion. So defensive.

It seemed like you were proposing that we discuss the degree to which people that neither of us actually know are assholes based on hearsay. I guess that's a conversation you can have if you want; I don't really see any benefit to it, but whatever.

I don't really get any thrill out of passing judgment on other people. Maybe it would be different if I were a lot younger; I dunno. Lots of things about folks these days that I don't entirely understand.

sora87

I like to think they've put last years bethesda's conference on not to stall for time but because this years EA's conference offended them so much

It seemed like you were proposing that we discuss the degree to which people that neither of us actually know are assholes based on hearsay. I guess that's a conversation you can have if you want; I don't really see any benefit to it, but whatever.

I don't really get any thrill out of passing judgment on other people. Maybe it would be different if I were a lot younger; I dunno. Lots of things about folks these days that I don't entirely understand.
Not hearsay dude, I saw it too.

K.Sabot

I like to think they've put last years bethesda's conference on not to stall for time but because this years EA's conference offended them so much

They probably thought they'd have more to talk about...

TBH last year's Bethesda conf at 2x is more entertaining than what transpired today.

Hasney

Yet you decided to bring a post back to everyone's attention by quoting it and adding no discussion? OK.

mcw

Yet you decided to bring a post back to everyone's attention by quoting it and adding no discussion? OK.

He posted the same thing on a previous page and re-posted it on this one. I was a little baffled, but he wanted a response, so...

In any case, you guys can have whatever discussion you want to have; go forth and be angry about things people you don't know reportedly said in a chatroom somewhere else, I guess.

He posted the same thing on a previous page and re-posted it on this one. I was a little baffled, but he wanted a response, so...

In any case, you guys can have whatever discussion you want to have; go forth and be angry about things people you don't know reportedly said in a chatroom somewhere else, I guess.
They did say it in a chat room, it's not reportedly. And I don't know who anyone is online!

So weird.

Dmax3901

Let me start by saying that this is the Easy Allies thread, I was surprised about the conduct of people who watch Easy Allies and so I posted about it. I'm not looking for essay responses from everyone. It just seems very strange to me that people who presumably like watching Ian's content feel it's fine to trash talk charities for women (shit, trash talking charities full stop is pretty low).

There's nothing to discuss here, assholes on the internet also enjoy videogames and by that extension they also enjoy people talking about videogames. It's unavoidable and I'm surprised you learned about this just now.

Bringing it up just gives them the attention they crave and puts a damper on an otherwise unrelated thread.

As above, I strongly disagree it's an unrelated thread. Sure it's E3 but there's no press conferences on right this second. Also, I think your belief that people like this should be swept under the rug is dangerous, frankly.

I would say people who shit on charities without justification are objectively assholes, but what do I know. As an aside, if you truly felt there's no benefit or point to that discussion, why respond to me at all? If you really don't see why people who think standing up for social rights is a reason to be mocked should be questioned, then I don't know what to say to you.

Also: hearsay? In the great words of mcw: "OK".

I don't know why people still leave chat on if it's with a bunch of random people. There are a lot of assholes out there who probably enjoy the same things as you do. Turn it off, ignore it and enjoy the show or join the GAF twitch chat.

That being said, the EA conference was terrible. Never watched a group live stream, but EZA made it better.

Auctopus

They're not. Huber's reaction from last year has garnered attention from the "reaction culture" crowd etc.

Who fit in a Venn diagram with that volatile/toxic group sadly.

Dmax3901

Are there any towns in Valkyria Chronicles?

I get the joke, but is this not the same as posting "neat.jpg" and so on? Dismissive.

I don't know why people still leave chat on if it's with a bunch of random people. There are a lot of assholes out there who probably enjoy the same things as you do. Turn it off, ignore it and enjoy the show or join the GAF twitch chat.

That being said, the EA conference was terrible. Never watched a group live stream, but EZA made it better.

People don't let random strangers on the internet bring you down.

They're not. Huber's reaction from last year has garnered attention from the "reaction culture" crowd etc.

Who fit in a Venn diagram with that volatile/toxic group sadly.

Yeah I guess part of my surprise was due to me not being used to this new crowd. This is my first E3 watching EZA/GT (last year I had no internet and had to watch stuff from my local library lol).

Also I have since disabled chat, my hype won't be doused like Efron, worry not.

sora87

Dmax, you should watch their regular streams next week, it's very pleasant in chat normally. There's also a gaf chat for tonight and tomorrow.

Auctopus

I will add that there's some very impressionable viewers on Twitch and sometimes the guys are very negative towards certain things: IGN, Battleborn, Kotaku etc. and that might encourage certain behaviour and "flag flying".

There's not much we can do about that sadly and as EZA grows bigger (which I want to happen), these "bad apples" will only multiply.

It's probably best to act as best as you can within the community, especially during the smaller streams and try to encourage more positive behaviour.

Lexad

Pretty great segment on IGN. Max and Brian gave a lot of credit to Brandon and EZA. Gave him a platform to promote EZA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom