• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

really amazing coverage.. I also was agreeing with Ian a hell lot more than I thought I would.

I completely against what bosman said about FP Trailers, I believe CG trailers ae misleading too, but not even having the basic mechanic as a feature is even more misleading. I also loved that discussion, it got heated.

Really hyped about their coverage tomorrow

I love EZA, and I really like all of the personalities involved and I was super happy that they formed the group.

very personal opinion stands behind these black bars, [flame suit: on]

But if I can be honest, I really really dislike Ian. Basically all of the content he is involved in, I start to dislike. I feel bad saying this, because he is his own person and just doing his thing. But I dislike basically everything about him. His voice, his opinions, and his hair. Its super petty I know, but as a whole I really really enjoy everyone else as an individual but detest him.

I hope I'm wrong and can learn to like him, but as of now I couldn't be farther from it.

I just had to say it out loud

carry on everyone

Loved having the guys on today, and everyone in the EZA community, we did ittt

Ian is awesome. And his hair is awesome
(nothing to do with the fact that I'm rocking the same style currently)

He is my favorite but I love all of them.

CJCW

I love EZA, and I really like all of the personalities involved and I was super happy that they formed the group.

very personal opinion stands behind these black bars, [flame suit: on]

But if I can be honest, I really really dislike Ian. Basically all of the content he is involved in, I start to dislike. I feel bad saying this, because he is his own person and just doing his thing. But I dislike basically everything about him. His voice, his opinions, and his hair. Its super petty I know, but as a whole I really really enjoy everyone else as an individual but detest him.

I hope I'm wrong and can learn to like him, but as of now I couldn't be farther from it.

I just had to say it out loud

carry on everyone

Loved having the guys on today, and everyone in the EZA community, we did ittt

If we're getting out these kinds of opinions, I'll say that I feel like falling asleep anytime Damiani is talking. He seems like a decent guy, but he's so boring compared to everyone else.

quake as an arena hero shooter.

gonna take a while for the taste of bile to leave my mouth.

wonder if Ben is actually hyped about it still.

i don't really see why sophie is that great. i mean, she's just a dog

c4NNKR6.gif

nillapuddin

At the end of the day, everyone has their opinions.

Personally, I find the guy off-putting. I even said in there that hopefully Im wrong and end up liking him at some point, but as of right now, I just am rubbed the wrong way by his personality. Also, please no white knighting, everyone in the world is judged by their appearance first, and if you think otherwise you are lying.

In my personal opinion, the combination of his demeanor and appearance dont jive with me. Its perfectly okay to disagree.

As someone who loves Bosman, I can easily see how alot of people would really dislike him. He does have a pessimistic disposition and quirky way of saying things (including nitpicky kyle from end of stream tonight).

But I wouldnt ignore someone because they said Kyles clothes and whiney character voices. Id simply say, welp, thats their opinion, and move on.

Sorry if I offended any Ian lovers out there, but if we cant be open and honest with our opinions then whats the point. Also, if you rock the Ian hair-do, good for you, Im all for it. Just not on that individual.

If we're getting out these kinds of opinions, I'll say that I feel like falling asleep anytime Damiani is talking. He seems like a decent guy, but he's so boring compared to everyone else.

he is fairly boring to listen to, I tried real hard to give the game sleuth updates a go on the patreon and had a semi difficult time, hopefully he finds his groove later on

LewieP

I remember first thinking that Ian was a bit of a try-hard super indie hipster.

Then I found myself agreeing with a bunch of things he says (not everything).

Then I realized that I am a bit of a try-hard super indie hipster.

He can be irritating sometimes, but I think he adds plenty to the group dynamic.

Collin

Banned
I really like these guys and I'm not totally sure if I can put my finger on to why. I listen to other podcasts like Kinda Funny, Podcast Beyond, Game Informer etc. but EZA are far and away my favorite. It's not even close. Part of it is that I feel like I have similar taste to them (more Nintendo-leaning, more focused on games in a storytelling sense and a love of jprgs). They also have an energy to them and they sound like they are having fun on camera and its infectious. Also, I love how unabashedly nerdy these guys can get. The Beyond guys can be funny and clever but they don't sound like they are having much fun or that they are even friends. Even Kinda Funny feels a lot more dull in comparison to EZA. Excited for tomorrow's coverage!

At the end of the day, everyone has their opinions.

Personally, I find the guy off-putting. I even said in there that hopefully Im wrong and end up liking him at some point, but as of right now, I just am rubbed the wrong way by his personality. Also, please no white knighting, everyone in the world is judged by their appearance first, and if you think otherwise you are lying.

In my personal opinion, the combination of his demeanor and appearance dont jive with me. Its perfectly okay to disagree.

As someone who loves Bosman, I can easily see how alot of people would really dislike him. He does have a pessimistic disposition and quirky way of saying things (including nitpicky kyle from end of stream tonight).

But I wouldnt ignore someone because they said Kyles clothes and whiney character voices. Id simply say, welp, thats their opinion, and move on.

Sorry if I offended any Ian lovers out there, but if we cant be open and honest with our opinions then whats the point. Also, if you rock the Ian hair-do, good for you, Im all for it. Just not on that individual.

he is fairly boring to listen to, I tried real hard to give the game sleuth updates a go on the patreon and had a semi difficult time, hopefully he finds his groove later on

Everyone has their opinions. But I ask you this: who are you that your opinion matters to any of us, let alone in the way you presented it? No one asked for your opinion on Ian and no one asked anyone else to start name calling and picking out small "flaws" in EZA personalities.

I'm not upset you offered your opinion. I'm upset you offered it because it was unwarrented, didn't constructively criticize, and was only meant to hurt. If I had seen something like that directly towards me I would feel hurt by it. And considering the Allies check out this thread daily... not cool.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. But hey, at least this way I won't feel bad about blocking people that contribute nothing but toxicity to this community and thread.

If the reasons you don't like someone include their hair or his voice, this is not the community for you. I ask you, I beg you, please leave. Give IGN, Kinda Funny, Giant Bomb, whatever a chance because Easy Allies is not for you.

I really like these guys and I'm not totally sure if I can put my finger on to why. I listen to other podcasts like Kinda Funny, Podcast Beyond, Game Informer etc. but EZA are far and away my favorite. It's not even close. Part of it is that I feel like I have similar taste to them (more Nintendo-leaning, more focused on games in a storytelling sense and a love of jprgs). They also have an energy to them and they sound like they are having fun on camera and its infectious. Also, I love how unabashedly nerdy these guys can get. The Beyond guys can be funny and clever but they don't sound like they are having much fun or that they are even friends. Even Kinda Funny feels a lot more dull in comparison to EZA. Excited for tomorrow's coverage!
For me they have a mix of personalities that feel genuine and will usually give games a chance. They also really do like being around each other and it shows in the work they produce. And more than anything they play off each other so well. You do get diverse game likes/dislikes but they seem pretty well rounded about it as a whole. So even if you might not like one as a favorite you'll find them in interesting discussions that wouldn't happen without them. Plus I find that they are genuinely funny and go off topic into hilarious ways

I.e.,see the insanity of the Friday Hearthstone stream. I don't play nor do I have a ton of interest in HS but I watched the whole thing because they always deliver some gold if the group is together on a stream. The whole land and Cerny betrayal insanity was amazing. It's stuff you see with your group of friends just goofing around.

Everyone has their opinions. But I ask you this: who are you that your opinion matters to any of us, let alone in the way you presented it? No one asked for your opinion on Ian and no one asked anyone else to start name calling and picking out small "flaws" in EZA personalities.

I'm not upset you offered your opinion. I offered it because it was unwarrented, didn't constructively criticize, and was only meant to hurt. If I had seen something like that directly towards me I would feel hurt by it. And considering the Allies check out this thread daily... not cool.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. But hey, at least this way I won't feel bad about blocking people that contribute nothing but toxicity to this community and thread.
Perfectly summed up my thoughts. I respect the opinion, but I didn't understand why the poster felt the need to voice it. Just negative for no reason.

EZA just feels genuine with their personality. I think that's why they work so well is I don't feel like they are "putting on a show". They just are who they are and it works. The only other group I find near as enjoyable as them are the GameInformer crew

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If the reasons you don't like someone include their hair or his voice, this is not the community for you. I ask you, I beg you, please leave. Give IGN, Kinda Funny, Giant Bomb, whatever a chance because Easy Allies is not for you.

And another thing, aside from this and the other posts. I don't know anyone here personally, but if you can't stand a person for those reasons and feel the need to vent about it, maybe you need to take a look at yourself very well.

AudioEppa

One last thing I wanna say before falling asleep. I much enjoyed their at home E3 set up this year, than last year's at the GT studio, it just felt more chilled and fun. Great stream and fun gaf chat too, first time actually doing a chat like that. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Oh boy.
Holy shit. Implying that those communities are open to those kind of dislikes?

Jeez, way to be insufferable in your own annoying way people.

nillapuddin

Just everyone put me on your ignore list please because I might have negative opinions on the crew. Thank you.

I will continue to support EZA with my money and views, and if I develop a strong opinion one way or another on any topic, I will bring it up for discussion elsewhere.

the thread is now a safe space, free from any nilla-based offensive opinions. have a nice e3.

Just everyone put me on your ignore list please because I might have negative opinions on the crew. Thank you.

I will continue to support EZA with my money and views, and if I develop a strong opinion one way or another on any topic, I will bring it up for discussion elsewhere.

the thread is now a safe space, free from any nilla-based offensive opinions. have a nice e3.

Hey bro, calm down. We can all still get along. But when this thread is frequented by our beloved Allies, negativity toward a particular ally for who they are without a hint of constructive feedback or critique is just going to end up being needlessly hurtful.

Stick around Nilla. You make rad Halo maps.

Just let this be a little life lesson? We all make blunders on forums. If you cant see it that way then maybe you should step back. Edit: You even said it was petty, man.

Love and respect

Oh boy.

Holy shit. Implying that those communities are open to those kind of dislikes?

Jeez, way to be insufferable in your own annoying way people.

I wasn't implying anything about hose communities, I don't know anything about most of them, just offering options where he might fit in better. Constructive criticism is great! You don't have to agree with the allies all the time or even most of the time. But needing to vent because you don't like someone's hair isn't adding anything valuable to the conversation.

dmr87

Almost 8.30 AM and boy do I look forward to waking up. Hopefully Sony ends with a bang, Microsoft is all out leaks. And we're going to have a real meltdown tomorrow with Crash, can't wait.

Cya at the MS pre-show.

nillapuddin

Hey bro, calm down. We can all still get along. But when this thread is frequented by our beloved Allies, negativity toward a particular ally for who they are without a hint of constructive feedback or critique is just going to end up being needlessly hurtful.

Stick around Nilla. You make rad Halo maps.

Just let this be a little life lesson? We all make blunders on forums. If you cant see it that way then maybe you should step back. Edit: You even said it was petty, man.

Love and respect

I know, thats the part that gets at me, I know its superficial. But when people rub ya the wrong way, they simply rub ya the wrong way.

My constructive criticism would be for Ian to have different opinions, different tone, different appearance and at that point hes just flat out a different person.

Thats unfair to say, so as I said in my OP

"I hope I'm wrong and can learn to like him, but as of now I couldn't be farther from it."

Maybe one day, oh well.

Not gunna lose sleep over it, people will think what they think.
I've been on the internet voicing opinions on alotta stuff for over a decade, not everyone agrees, such is life.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

love and respect

Honestly was surprised by how casual today was, in a good way. I've never seen E3 coverage where people go on snack runs, straight up trash talk conferences (with good reason, that is), play videos off youtube, etc etc. I loved it. Felt like hanging out with a group of friends, and the fact that everyone on the show has different opinions only helps foster that feeling. I like that I don't agree with the cast sometimes, but I like even more that everyone is equipped to actually defend their opinion without resorting to drama or childish bullshit. Nobody on the cast really states their perspective as definitive fact, and even if they disagree there's a conversation that's being contributed to. Consider the alternative of watching limp coverage from people who are getting paid to act enthusiastic about 30 minutes of sports games and I'll take EZA any day. I was waiting to see how their E3 coverage panned out before pledging to their Patreon, but I ended up doing it anyways a few hours ago after thinking about just how different of a vibe this was compared to other E3 coverage.

wapplew

I know, thats the part that gets at me, I know its superficial. But when people rub ya the wrong way, they simply rub ya the wrong way.

My constructive criticism would be for Ian to have different opinions, different tone, different appearance and at that point hes just flat out a different person.

Thats unfair to say, so as I said in my OP

"I hope I'm wrong and can learn to like him, but as of now I couldn't be farther from it."

Maybe one day, oh well.

Not gunna lose sleep over it, people will think what they think.
I've been on the internet voicing opinions on alotta stuff for over a decade, not everyone agrees, such is life.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

love and respect

At Easy allies, when we have disagreement, we start a bet! It's time for BET!

You guys have quickly skyrocketed to my favorite group of personalities to watch. Loved your coverage last year with GT but I felt this was even better, being able to do things on your own terms. Can't wait for the MS pre show.

abrack08

A little LTTP, just watched yesterday's Easy Update with Brad and it was magic. Brad insulting the pidgeon and them having no suggestions for the tourists were both really funny to me. Them just taking a stroll on the beach and chatting is so entertaining.

E3 coverage today was great too, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom