• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

damn Brandon has a big garage if they fit that many people inside it. (I'm assuming)

First time watching EZA since they were at GT. I'm impressed at how loose and fast they are playing, and it's nice to see some enthusiasm compared to the business like atmosphere of Giant Bomb and the pure shillery from other outlets.

Not this shit again, please.

Business like atmosphere?

Boy, you clearly didn't watch them yesterday. They were literally the opposite.

weedsrov5.gif

I did. Honestly, that was given to them considering how generally bad the EA conference was.

Still, something about GB has turned me off of them.

Visceir

EZA should pimp their patron more during the streams. Nothing too overly obnoxious, just a reminder here and there that the patron is what allows them to make it all happen.

Alucrid

Banned
damn Brandon has a big garage if they fit that many people inside it. (I'm assuming)

First time watching EZA since they were at GT. I'm impressed at how loose and fast they are playing, and it's nice to see some enthusiasm compared to the business like atmosphere of Giant Bomb and the pure shillery from other outlets.

easy allies were literally wearing suits

Tankard

EZA should pimp their patron more during the streams. Nothing too overly obnoxious, just a reminder here and there that the patron is what allows them to make it all happen.

Yeah, i used to stress a bit over this, but i guess it's becoming clear they really don't wanna do much of that, so better let them have it their way.

Auctopus

Please stop knocking Giant Bomb, I'm not too fond of them either but they have fans here who are also EZA fans and if you don't like them so much then you would be better off refraining from turning this thread in to a pointless flame war.

Hasney

Just finished Bethesda. I'll just put what I said in the Bethesda conference thread:

I really like the way Bethesda do their show. Good mix of stage and video, couple of cool announcements and a lot of time for their biggest game of the year. Not a spectacular conference but the way they deliver the information is great. Much better than that EA shit.

EDIT: Damiani already trolling with the Twitch broadcasting soon images.

Hasney

Did someone ever donate a cent to them or they just do not talk about the donations that they get?

They've turned off all the sub notifications and the like. They called out a couple of re-subs before EA, but they did say that they won't be keeping much track and will be focusing on the conferences themselves.

They've turned off all the sub notifications and the like. They called out a couple of re-subs before EA, but they did say that they won't be keeping much track and will be focusing on the conferences themselves.

which is the right thing to do. Really appreciate them doing that.

Everdred

People are giving you a hard time but even as lover of all things Giant Bomb, I know what you mean. There is some Cynicism with Giant Bomb where I feel like EZA has more genuine excitement. They are great at getting me hyped up. I love them both though and watch Giant Bomb first then buzz through EZA for their reactions to big moments.

Tankard

I'm talking about the tips/donation. They have set it up on twitch for a while now and i never heard they talk about any donation they received, if they ever even received one.

Got mah MTN Dew, carrots, chips and garlic dip, some mint chocolate ice cream and Vita with Crash Bandicoot 3 and Resident Evil 2 on hand.

Ready for some EZA E3 MARATHON.

I'm talking about the tips/donation. They have set it up on twitch for a while now and i never heard they talk about any donation they received, if they ever even received one.
I always feel this is an area they're weak on. I know the crew is very resistant of having the donation call outs but I think there's a balance to be had that would get them extra cash and make the streams more fun. You already see it happening with people creating joke twitch subscriber names to work around it. And they always enjoy it.

My thoughts
- standardize notifications and layout across all the crew. (Patreon info in borders, etc). Including tip notifications that allow messages to be sent
- have all streams start with a 5-10 minute splash stream start (Damiani and Kyle are doing this).

Hasney

Is that Gaf Xbox hype train? Damn, that's a very weak one, so many empty spaces.

What do you expect from SonyGAF?
/s

Honestly though, I'm excited. I know we know some details, but I want videos of some of these new games and Burnout Revenge BC. Plus they'll all look super good on my PC.

People are giving you a hard time but even as lover of all things Giant Bomb, I know what you mean. There is some Cynicism with Giant Bomb where I feel like EZA has more genuine excitement. They are great at getting me hyped up. I love them both though and watch Giant Bomb first then buzz through EZA for their reactions to big moments.

Thank you for putting it into better words then I could.

If I wanted cynicism at E3 I'd go to GAF. EZA just reminds me of myself around E3 time: roll with it and have fun.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Real talk, to me that just feels like a false narrative that people repeat over and over and over that cannot fathom that some people handle their excitement differently, have had different experiences influencing the way they feel, yada yada yada.
Doesn't make them less genuine in their excitement, the opposite actually. Sometimes things just don't speak to you and taking a step back reflecting on your feelings on things doesn't make you a cynic if that's how you roll.

And I say this as someone that didn't have any kind of online subscriptions before EZA(Patron and cutting into that caffeine budget for twitch this month because 5k patrons). So I clearly seem to have a preference myself.
But really this whole narrative is just so silly, the things people say to push it just make little sense and it's hard for me not to troll those posts. And it's not like I don't try to consider that perspective but every time I do it just feels like people have this picture in their head based on certain moments of last years E3 and that's Giantbomb to them, nothing else.

Also again to emphasize how silly this whole thing is I'm sure I've seen people tell Elyse last year to goddamn loosen it up and not be so uptight.(like seriously what...)

I will agree though that Huber honors the name of his old show, dude just has the presence to psych everyone up and raise energy making people enter hyper tension mode :p. So yeah EZA is a great place to hype up for fun.

Tankard

What do you expect from SonyGAF?
/s

Honestly though, I'm excited. I know we know some details, but I want videos of some of these new games and Burnout Revenge BC. Plus they'll all look super good on my PC.

I don't care in the slightest about Xbox One, but i feel bad for Xbox fans to have their entire conference leaked, i hope until later tonight Sony ship stays tight.

Panda Rin

I don't care in the slightest about Xbox One, but i feel bad for Xbox fans to have their entire conference leaked, i hope until later tonight Sony ship stays tight.

Yeah, we haven't heard anything about Sony's conference so far. Pretty hyped for today.

Actually looking forward to Ubisoft's conference. Hope they give For Honor and South Park some proper spotlight.

When will Bosman be on youtube's E3 channel for the microsoft conference? Does it start 1 hour before the conference?

Yeah, he's there at 12 PM est right when the show starts.

Hasney

When will Bosman be on youtube's E3 channel for the microsoft conference? Does it start 1 hour before the conference?

Looking at the schedule, I'm guessing half hour before.

16:30 BST
IGN at E3
17:00 BST
YTG Live at E3
17:30 BST
Microsoft Press Conference

Is that Gaf Xbox hype train? Damn, that's a very weak one, so many empty spaces.
Train has too many holes :( I own my xbox one bit I'm not that hyped for these reasons:

- I can't remember the last E3 Ms conference I thought was great. Early 360?
- too many leaks
- I really don't know what game they'd show that would get me really hyped? They've cratered their 1st party studios.

Visceir

It's ok, the one true bombshell hasn't been leaked, The Gooch himself coming out to announce Lost Odyssey 2

Last we saw Gooch he was just chilling at home streaming music.

Mistwalker does have a new original game in the works and they still have to fulfill the promise of making Terra Battle console version (which should also be in the works).

If anything gets announced by him then TGS seems like the better candidate anyway.

Hasney

Last we saw Gooch he was just chilling at home streaming music.

Mistwalker does have a new original game in the works and they still have to fulfill the promise of making Terra Battle console version (which should also be in the works).

If anything gets announced by him then TGS seems like the better candidate anyway.

Oh god, I forgot all about that Terra Battle console thing. Did they ever talk about it again?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It had died down and you got it started again... People weren't particularly unfair with what they said. Most of what was said seemed like a relatively appropriate response. Criticisms should contain some constructive element or they are just name calling.

I think many of us want to maintain the positive energy. Maybe this isn't fully healthy. I actually thought Ian, in the last episode of EZU, came across a little too apathetic. Like he is trying to maintain the image of a disenfranchised youth at all times. It rubbed me the wrong way. I still liked the episode fine, so I just didn't bring it up. Maybe that is the problem: people aren't providing enough criticism and it draws out these extremely negative, unhelpful posts.

Maybe we should embrace a little more negativity. However, if that is the case, it will mean more calling people out on bullshit comments, not less. Not wanting to bury the negativity so quickly and instead relishing in the pileup. That is the natural progression of a less jolly community.

I have to quote this, because I think someone was referring to my post as deconstructive. It's not that I can't take criticisms, but it's that when I see a BS post, and that was one, it has to be called out.

There are legitimate criticisms about their videos and even maybe their personalities, but that was not it. I do not think it's healthy that people can't engage criticisms towards the team, because it means the community "can't take the criticism". I do agree some posts were harsh, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't call out bad criticisms, and it doesn't mean we can't engage in discussions about criticism. After all, this is a discussion board.

Visceir

Oh god, I forgot all about that Terra Battle console thing. Did they ever talk about it again?

Nope.

They only thing that hints that they are working on it is the presentation Sakaguchi gave though which shows off the models for the characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNxOZ9I774

Considering how small their team is I imagine projects like that would have to be outsourced. Considering hey were still in planning phases last year it would have been foolish to expect anything before 2017 anyway.

The posts made against nilla were more harmful, deconstructive, and unjolly to the vibe of easy allies than anything he said.

100% disagree. I laid out the reasons why I thought his post was unnecessary, you know, kinda like how he should have gone about his criticism. Like I literally said in my post responding to him, it's not that I can't take criticism, it's that his was completely unwarranted and downright rude. Criticize the allies all you want. But as soon as you start say their hair is stupid or the way they talk is stupid or that oh my god they're so boring i can't stand it, I will call that out because it should be called out.

But oh well. You're the one stirring the pot up again. Let just mooooove on.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize how far the conversation had moved. My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom