• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheentak

A little LTTP, just watched yesterday's Easy Update with Brad and it was magic. Brad insulting the pidgeon and them having no suggestions for the tourists were both really funny to me. Them just taking a stroll on the beach and chatting is so entertaining.

E3 coverage today was great too, of course.

Yup the fact both didn't care that they were being hit on is hilarious

Kneefoil

People complaining about bad vibes from someone else's negative opinion usually bring in way worse vibes than the opinions themselves ever did. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Anyway, time to go back and watch the Bethesda conference stream. I slept over it.

I enjoyed watching the E3 conference a lot more via the EZA stream than if I had just watched it on its own. Wish I could have watched all of the time but BST timezone meant I had to get in some life wasting sleep.

i don't really see why sophie is that great. i mean, she's just a dog

Reply redacted as I do not wish to be perma-banned. Not yet anyway.

Lexad

The posts made against nilla were more harmful, deconstructive, and unjolly to the vibe of easy allies than anything he said.

luchadork

The posts made against nilla were more harmful, deconstructive, and unjolly to the vibe of easy allies than anything he said.

yeh. it happens in this thread. a lot of people really love EZA and are super passionate about them and they are very defensive towards criticism because they dont want to see EZA go the way of GT. sometimes they show this love by shooting down any criticism thinking they are helping defend an 'attack'. eventually we all end up agreeing that its not helpful and that everyone and everything is coming from a place of love. i think we just gotta reminds ourselves of this lesson every 10 pages or so though.

Lexad

yeh. it happens in this thread. a lot of people really love EZA and are super passionate about them and they are very defensive towards criticism because they dont want to see EZA go the way of GT. sometimes they show this love by shooting down any criticism thinking they are helping defend an 'attack'. eventually we all end up agreeing that its not helpful and that everyone and everything is coming from a place of love. i think we just gotta reminds ourselves of this lesson every 10 pages or so though.

Same thing seems to happen in the PS I love you thread. People post concerns or a negative comment on an episode and then a bunch of other people have the "well if you don't like it, leave" bull. all this despite the fact that 98% of the criticism comes from a place of love and enjoyment of what the do.

But then there was the one time that someone said Colin was off his meds (super uncalled for) and that C&G were super lazy (despite them having one of the craziest schedules in the games industry). Colin posted and ripped the poster a new one. That was hilarious

I have done it myself (jumping on other posters), but it more has to do with the recurring topic of Bosman at Home when Kyle has very clearly given reasons why it isn't in EZA.

I completely missed the opportunity to watch the EA conference with EZA. Damn. Judging by the posts I might watch their stream. How was the Bethesda stream?

Liamc723

The complete disregard for any criticism is a problem with this community.

Nobody is perfect and people have the right to post about their views of anyone on Easy Allies.

Actually yeah on second thought after reading other's comments I don't think you were warranted or in your place to say this. Super bad vibes coming from you for literally no reason. You didn't offer constructive criticism, only that you hate Ian's voice, opinions, and his HAIR of all thing. We're about love & respect, not hatred & bad manners.

Yet another Gaffer going on my ignore list, it seems.

This complete and utter defence is unhealthy. And the jab at putting the poster on your ignore list is just embarrassing.

The complete disregard for any criticism is a problem with this community.

Nobody is perfect and people have the right to post about their views of anyone on Easy Allies.
Fine. post something that I can at least discuss. There's a number of things I think they could improve on. I don't think anyone here is saying they're perfect. But don't roll in and say you don't like someone without anything to work with. What does that add? What are my options?

1) I either have to disagree and then get labeled by you "Man they can't take any criticism"
2) Go "Ok"
3) ignore.

Well that really creates a great discussion point.

So to me saying:
"I don't like when Damiani's trolls go to far and obscure what the stream is discussing" I think is fine. He did that, and people told him to stop (including me) and he corrected yesterday. And others might disagree. And a discussion could be had

Saying
"I don't like X because of their voice and hair" - uh what? I've got nothing to work with here.

I think there is a line when it comes to defending online personalities and attacking them and it's fair to discuss some things.

If someone comes out and starts insulting someone for their personal style, their voice or looks I feel that it's fair for people to criticise them for doing so as these issues have no real critical basis and are just mean. If however you decide to come and criticise someone for their opinion by using your own argument that is fine, I commented recently in the PS I love you thread about not agreeing with Colin's opinion on FF7R because logically it just doesn’t make sense to me which should be fine. If I was to go and start saying how I can't stand his clothes or voice or some other personal aspect that would be going too far.

So in my mind if someone comes in and starts going off about how they can't stand someone's clothes, voice, looks etc. we should be fine to try and prevent that sort of attitude from being fostered because it has no real relevance to what they are doing and is more of a personal issue and isn't something that any positive community should have. However if someone comes in and disagrees with an opinion or line of thought and does so with a logical argument that should be welcome and only challenged in an equally logical manner.

Bosman and Huber, please set up a bet for the Sony conference revolving around how many times David Cage says the word "emotion" on stage. Do it!

Liamc723

Fine. post something that I can at least discuss. There's a number of things I think they could improve on. I don't think anyone here is saying they're perfect. But don't roll in and say you don't like someone without anything to work with. What does that add? What are my options?

1) I either have to disagree and then get labeled by you "Man they can't take any criticism"
2) Go "Ok"
3) ignore.

So to me saying:
"I don't like when Damiani's trolls go to far and obscure what the stream is discussing" I think is fine. He did that, and people told him to stop (including me) and he corrected yesterday. And others might disagree. And a discussion could be had

Saying
"I don't like X because of their voice and hair" - uh what? I've got nothing to work with here.

If it delves into personal jabs on the crew, then you just don't respond and move on.

What you are saying about constructive criticism is correct, but throughout this thread I have seen just devout defence for EZA and not actually listening to what people say when they post something negative.

The biggest issue I had there was just publicly saying he's putting him on his ignore list. That's pathetic, and reflects more on the poster doing the ignoring than the person who made the original post.

NahaNago

2) Go "Ok"
3) ignore.

So to me saying:

Saying

Well a post doesn't have to have a great discussion point and if you don't have something to work with you just simply don't have something to work with. You could praise the eza person being criticized and give a few points on why you should give him a chance or you could just say i do like him and his voice and hair and move on.

Hasney

Goddamn, only 3 hours until it starts again. And for longer this time!

So my beer delivery place has some weird pizzas to try too. I might go for some White Trash.

Ricotta, stilton, fresh mozzarella, spinach, walnuts. Goddamn.

Really hoping for something MGSV today, even if it's built up to be something huge and it's just more Online shit. I want Kyle to poop himself.

Rozart

I'm 1/3 through their EA Conference Reactions and I love how Jones is still so bitter over Disney abandoning Disney Infinity haha.

NahaNago

So my beer delivery place has some weird pizzas to try too. I might go for some White Trash.

Really hoping for something MGSV today, even if it's built up to be something huge and it's just more Online shit. I want Kyle to poop himself.

i woke up too early. I think i'll just go out and buy some energy drinks for now. I still have left over garlic bread sticks from yesterday and hot pockets in the fridge.

Alucrid

Banned

this isn't fanfiction.net

I'm 1/3 through their EA Conference Reactions and I love how Jones is still so bitter over Disney abandoning Disney Infinity haha.
Jones has been fired up all week. He was riled up even on the last podcast. But when EA does exactly what he hates (behind the scenes nonsense, and talking/not showing) with his favorite franchise (SW) and the thing he was most excited to see he was on fire. It was very entertaining to watch.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta agree that some people in here are a bit too precious about doing everything in their power to build their EZA bubble and shut anything that doesn't fit out. That kind of intolerance makes me a bit sad and not to defend that guy cause he's kind of just hating and that's silly but at least the guy kind of seems to know how silly it is?

I think at that point rather than shutting him out I'd rather say to him keep working on yourself, you already did the first step in kind of seeing that your reasons for the hate are very silly.

And hey maybe also recognize you don't need to love everyone, just no need to hate on someone that's just being himself without hurting anyone and is actually appreciated by lots of other people. You can be neutral on someone and also even if you don't enjoy/agree with someone perspective learning to be able to listen and consider it might be something worth aiming for. Optimally of course we all just appreciate each other not only for how we're similar but also how we're different.

TLDR Love and Respect?

sora87

Think i'm gonna settle for a meat feast pizza myself. Fuck the diet and fuck the senate

Spman2099

It had died down and you got it started again... People weren't particularly unfair with what they said. Most of what was said seemed like a relatively appropriate response. Criticisms should contain some constructive element or they are just name calling.

I think many of us want to maintain the positive energy. Maybe this isn't fully healthy. I actually thought Ian, in the last episode of EZU, came across a little too apathetic. Like he is trying to maintain the image of a disenfranchised youth at all times. It rubbed me the wrong way. I still liked the episode fine, so I just didn't bring it up. Maybe that is the problem: people aren't providing enough criticism and it draws out these extremely negative, unhelpful posts.

Maybe we should embrace a little more negativity. However, if that is the case, it will mean more calling people out on bullshit comments, not less. Not wanting to bury the negativity so quickly and instead relishing in the pileup. That is the natural progression of a less jolly community.

Yawnier

Banned
Damn I woke up too early this morning... I guess the EZA coverage doesn't start for another few hours, huh.

Watched some of the coverage yesterday before & after the EA and Bethesda conferences and thought EZA did a pretty good job.

Tankard

5JKrBU9.png

Love these faces, lol.

TK-421

Great coverage yesterday, and looking forward to today's mega coverage of Microsoft and Sony.

I look at the Easy Allies group as a beautiful tapestry. If you try to pull on any one thread (or member), it would unravel that which makes it what it is.

dmr87

Honestly was surprised by how casual today was, in a good way. I've never seen E3 coverage where people go on snack runs, straight up trash talk conferences (with good reason, that is), play videos off youtube, etc etc. I loved it. Felt like hanging out with a group of friends, and the fact that everyone on the show has different opinions only helps foster that feeling. I like that I don't agree with the cast sometimes, but I like even more that everyone is equipped to actually defend their opinion without resorting to drama or childish bullshit. Nobody on the cast really states their perspective as definitive fact, and even if they disagree there's a conversation that's being contributed to. Consider the alternative of watching limp coverage from people who are getting paid to act enthusiastic about 30 minutes of sports games and I'll take EZA any day. I was waiting to see how their E3 coverage panned out before pledging to their Patreon, but I ended up doing it anyways a few hours ago after thinking about just how different of a vibe this was compared to other E3 coverage.

My man.

Yeah, considering it's still Brandons garage, they did a helluva job.

damn Brandon has a big garage if they fit that many people inside it. (I'm assuming)

First time watching EZA since they were at GT. I'm impressed at how loose and fast they are playing, and it's nice to see some enthusiasm compared to the business like atmosphere of Giant Bomb and the pure shillery from other outlets.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
damn Brandon has a big garage if they fit that many people inside it. (I'm assuming)

First time watching EZA since they were at GT. I'm impressed at how loose and fast they are playing, and it's nice to see some enthusiasm compared to the business like atmosphere of Giant Bomb and the pure shillery from other outlets.

Weed, business like. :p

Liamc723

Business like atmosphere?

Boy, you clearly didn't watch them yesterday. They were literally the opposite.

weedsrov5.gif

So, what equipment did they buy that they said it would carry over to make also the streams better?
I know they got a bunch of new mics and/or stands as Ian was talking about them in the last tabletop episode. I'm assuming the desk, curtains and banner too but not sure about anything else.

So, what equipment did they buy that they said it would carry over to make also the streams better?
I don't think they've said yet. I know I heard Kyle mention they didn't get the camera he wanted. But I don't know if that was in time for E3 or in general. I hope to learn something in an upcoming cup of jones.

Let me post it there in case someone else hasn't.

Hasney

Yeah, he was saying how whoever owned the house before him had it converted to a seperate living space and rented it out, so it was a multi-car garage at the very least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom