• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

There were too many in a row to capture

7tlMPBt.gif

dramatic-intense-clape0uk2.gif

Panda Rin

Why is Damiani so negative :(...orchestra was amazing, and he just downplays it by saying that Nintendo did it first.

EA 1 star
Bethesda 3 stars
Microsoft 4 stars
Ubisoft 3.5 stars
Sony 5 stars

EA: ★
Bethesda: ★ ★ ★
Microsoft: ★ ★ ★
Ubisoft: ★ ★ ⭑
Sony: ★ ★ ★ ★ ⭑

So were these guys a little more enthusiastic than that other site which will remain nameless? I haven't had a chance to watch yet, I wanted to watch the conference raw (live) first.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Easy Allies & also featuring Damiani is always how its gonna feel I guess. He was out for too long, the game done changed.

His weird Zelda rant at the end felt like someone having a sort of weird breakdown.

Hasney

So were these guys a little more enthusiastic than that other site which will remain nameless? I haven't had a chance to watch yet, I wanted to watch the conference raw (live) first.

I haven't watched the other thing yet, so no idea. But it was an emotional ride with EZA.

I thought the conference was great but I agreed with him on a lot of points. It wasn't perfect.
If this isn't perfect then nothing is. Sorry. And viewing things through this warped Nintendo/Zelda lenses and citing things not there (that we knew wouldn't be and will show up their other 3 shows) as a critique is silly. But whatever.

Damiani is simply wrong, sorry.

As good as last year was, it was only good thanks to those three games. They talking Vue, Powers, and all that other bullshit last year.

This year? All class, emotions, games, and hardly any talking. Two speakers, up for barely five minutes. No one talking during the game.

Sony killed it. EVERY aspect of it was good this year. 15/5 stars.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EA: 1 stars
Bethesda: 2 stars
Microsoft: 3.5 stars
Ubisoft: 3.5 stars
Sony: 5 stars

Absolutely great coverage, I loved their reactions to the conferences. Also, it was great being in the chat, with EZA-GAF. Loved everything! Glad Sony was the best one so we could end on a high note. Can't wait for Huber playing the RE7 demo.

Ashtar

LOL damiani being damiani trolls gon troll!
I wonder why he didn't bring up the fact that there was NO mention of Neo no confirmation no nothing, I mean I guess you can justify it with the not wanting to effect pacing but still

Final ratings (unless I rated them differently before
EA 2.5
Bethesda 3.5
Ubi 3.5
MS 4
Sony 5.0

Sony really came out and killed, even though only 1 game will be out this year kind of crazy but hey that's how they roll

Panda Rin

I thought the conference was great but I agreed with him on a lot of points. It wasn't perfect.

He just rubbed me the wrong way. COMPLETELY and totally hyped for Zelda, but his whole Horizon/Zelda comparison at the end was out of place. I understand he trolls, but some of his comments are off-putting.

I'm so glad I got to see that PC with that crew. Like i think back to that dark Feb day. And now they're back and truly better than they've ever been.

Soo happy EZA exists and I have this memory.

He just rubbed me the wrong way. COMPLETELY and totally hyped for Zelda, but he said for Horizon to watch out, because Zelda is going to be so much better, and that Horizon was an imitation. I understand he trolls, but some of his comments are off-putting.

Wasnt he at a Nintendo press conference demoing a Zelda game? If so, fanatics always have that type of logic.

Prompto

Banned
If this isn't perfect then nothing is. Sorry. And viewing things through this warped Nintendo/Zelda lenses and citing things not there (that we knew wouldn't be and will show up their other 3 shows) as a critique is silly. But whatever.
I agree with this. Personally I just wished they ended on a stronger note and included more stuff like that Gravity Rush 2 trailer they released right after the conference was over. This was probably the best paced conference ever though.

Easy Allies & also featuring Damiani is always how its gonna feel I guess. He was out for too long, the game done changed.

His weird Zelda rant at the end felt like someone having a sort of weird breakdown.
Bruh, he wanted to troll but couldn't come up with any valid reason, so he just went to what he knows best.

Tankard

The allies were actually excited for Days Gone? The demo was really bad.

Why was it bad? That demo was awesome in my opinion. They set the emotional tone before, then hit with intense gameplay, gorgeous look even with so many enemies on screen, some things still need work there as it was clear they made the demo so the guy couldn't die, but i thought it was great.

The allies were actually excited for Days Gone? The demo was really bad.

I think they were excited for the potential.
It showed a Zombie game that looked even closer to what we see in movies specifically World War Z.

That didn't stop them from pointing out its flaws in the post show.

Resident Evil reaction was so good.
I liked Ian's reaction a bit more than Huber's. Brandon's reaction was #2 (this is only after seeing his EA conference reaction).

Burt

is the REVII reaction thread serious right now

the amount of nerd butthurt in there is staggering

and i hate the word 'butthurt', but if there's a time for it, it's when you're looking at at thread

praises to good vibes and good hype

and i hate the word 'butthurt', but if there's a time for it, it's when you're looking at at thread

can you save me from it and tell me what is going on in there?

they're being fucking ridiculous. The Easy Allies is a safe haven from bullshit like that. Save me EZA

Pleasure spending the day with the Allies. That Sony conference was a perfect end to a great day.
Huber and Ben were awesome, can't wait for more throughout the week.

wiibomb

It's pretty incredible...

I went inmediately out of there after I saw the amount of people shitting on not being like past REs (which was exactly what they have been shitting on the first place)

I want to try the demo later, I'm really felt the hype of it after the trailer.

Burt

Sorry, was talking about the 'official' thread about the video on GAF, and the deluge of negativity which, off the top of my head, included "absolute trash", "low budget amnesia clone", and "RE6 was good".

Yeah, anyway, damn fantastic coverage all around today. Really appreciate EZA keeping it legit in the face of what I'm sure was an incredible amount of pressure to manufacture a repeat of last year's happenings. Not that there's much of a need to exaggerate when you have a Sony conference so good Huber doesn't even bring up Shenmue not being there.

Guys just enjoy the Allies for what they are and keep backing them. Don't worry about non Allies.
The shitting, trolling and general negativity in all the GAF conference threads should show how jaded gaming has become. It's an era of people literally enjoying not liking stuff.
That's why EZA is so refreshing in contrast.

Oh yeah, I just find it funny more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom