• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys just enjoy the Allies for what they are and keep backing them. Don't worry about non Allies.
The shitting, trolling and general negativity in all the GAF conference threads should show how jaded gaming has become. It's an era of people literally enjoying not liking stuff.
That's why EZA is so refreshing in contrast.

Tigermave

Neo Member
4z75lEv.gif

Ben... LOL

Risev1

Will the stream for the Sony conference be archived eventually? I missed their stream, and would like to see their reactions to stuff as it was unveiled.

Tankard

Guys just enjoy the Allies for what they are and keep backing them. Don't worry about non Allies.
The shitting, trolling and general negativity in all the GAF conference threads should show how jaded gaming has become. It's an era of people literally enjoying not liking stuff.
That's why EZA is so refreshing in contrast.

Yeah, people are talking about GB and i saw that thread and was about to post something similar to you. Just let it go, let's enjoy this community and being happy, EZA had already so many criticism and rants throughout this E3 and they make it in a fun and jolly way, if people wanna think they are only hype and fake, let them stay snarky and heavy about all things in life. Different communities, different vibes, i urge you friends, just let it go.

Burt

okay, the RE7 jump scare got me on stream

They're all going tomorrow, right? So Zelda impressions tomorrow night?

Will the stream for the Sony conference be archived eventually? I missed their stream, and would like to see their reactions to stuff as it was unveiled.

I'd be super surprised if it wasn't. Twitch servers are probably just on nuclear overload right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/72202773

Conference actually starts at ~10h:58m there.

Tigermave

Neo Member

Blood has been archiving them on Youtube, so it should be there. There's already the RE7 and God of War reactions there, so I imagine the full thing will be soon.

Risev1

Thanks guys!

I love watching the reactions of these guys, but it's hard to do it live since I do watch the conferences with many of my friends.

UrbanRats

the only thing i didn't love in the conference was God of War.
Could still end up being a cool game, but the combat looked really stiff and uninteresting (reminded me of Hellblade, which is not a good sign) and the Naughty Dog-style tone, didn't intrigue me that much.

Loved the Resident Evil 7 thing though.
I get the fans being upset, but as a Silent Hill and REbirth fan, i'm all over it.

Between last year's Sony, this year's UbI (For Honor) and this year's Sony (RE7) i am convinced that E3 is trying to kill Huber, though.

sora87

okay, the RE7 jump scare got me on stream

They're all going tomorrow, right? So Zelda impressions tomorrow night?

They're all going to the show floor but i dunno if they're all gonna get to play zelda.

They'll be on twitch at 8pm pacific for anyone who didn't know, talking about all the cool stuff they've seen.

UrbanRats

I haven't been in the thread, so maybe people are particularly obnoxious about it, but i don't see what's wrong with being critical and expressing one's opinion.
Hype is fun and all, but not to the detriment of being able to express your opinion, without feeling like you're ruining someone else's day just by not being super enthusiastic about everything, surely.

Even if someone doesn't like what you like, it's still fine.

mishakoz

So I've only played a couple of hours of God of War in my life. I was dreading seeing this game because it was leaked that Kratos would be the star.

But what they showed got me on board.

It was so different, so refreshing. Kratos was an actual character and not just yelling at some Titan god or whatever. I felt something, something I never thought I would feel from a GoW. That moment where he almost puts his hand on his son? Amazing.

I get that fans may not like it but I'm stoked.

I haven't been in the thread, so maybe people are particularly obnoxious about it, but i don't see what's wrong with being critical and expressing one's opinion.
Hype is fun and all, but not to the detriment of being able to express your opinion, without feeling like you're ruining someone else's day just by not being super enthusiastic about everything, surely.

Even if someone doesn't like what you like, it's still fine.

I think people are just fine with some negativity. But we are post E3 and it's a madhouse of complaining about various things all over the forum right now and we are keeping chill and good vibes in here

Nice to see people in the GB thread shitting on the allies reactions, sigh
Miserable people* hate when they see other people expressing happiness or joy. It reminds them that they're unable to express any real emotion aside from bitterness.

*does not pertain to all of their fans

By the way I love how these franchises are switching things up, I would have never been interested in a traditional Resident Evil or GoW sequel, these games have been running for more than a decade.

But these demos have me tremendously interested in both.

By the way I love how these franchises are switching things up, I would have never been interested in a traditional Resident Evil or GoW sequel, these games have been running for more than a decade.

Pretty much how I feel. I've loved GOW for forever but after Ascension just felt done with the franchise. When I heard Kratos was coming back for the new one I was really disappointed. But watching the footage it looked so fresh and like what this needed to keep going.

Feel the exact same about REBER. Do we really need a 30th game that plays essentially the same as all of the others?

wiibomb

I never cared for GoW because of Kratos personality, with this, I'm totally in, hope he is more mature now

while I played RE6, and I don't consider it such a bad game as most say, I didn't want to enter a RE7 with that feel.

I'm right now super interested in RE7

Nasbin

Sony carrying E3 so hard. Unbelievable show top to bottom, from the games shown to the gameplay:cinematic ratio to the live orchestra to the sheer pacing of it all.

Like, it's actually incredible that only three people spoke in that entire conference and they couldn't have taken up more than 5 minutes in total. This is really something, like even though their conferences the past few years have been very good they still demonstrated here that they learned where they could improve - there was no Powers talk, no PS Vue, just games games games. They killed it.

I never cared for GoW because of Kratos personality, with this, I'm totally in, hope he is more mature now

while I played RE6, and I don't consider it such a bad game as most say, I didn't want to enter a RE7 with that feel.

I'm right now super interested in RE7
I really like GOW but knew they had to really shake things up to get me and others interest. What they had starting with PS2 was great but it was time to move on. And not just Kratos going to other mythos and doing the same thing. And this was a true shake up.

Take the two GOWs. Both I think in similar spots for me. God of War really shook things up. While Gears of war looks fun (god those cheesy lines) but I can't get hyped for it. It feels so played out.

I think the most important moment of the God of War trailer that I didn't see EZA bring up was when Kratos starting to get mad when they Kid disobeyed him and the deer ran off. You could see old Kratos coming back but he paused and regrouped.

That's when I went "oh he's actually changed"

LycanXIII

4z75lEv.gif

Ben... LOL

I love that most of them say "Seven" and don't immediately react then haha.

This gif has me laughing so hard.

I watched the conference on Youtube because I didn't want any interruptions, but at some point later on I'll have to watch it again with the Easy Allies coverage included. It'll be archived somewhere I hope.
They're already archived on their main channel. Sony's should be up by the morning is my guess.

BBboy20

Sony carrying E3 so hard. Unbelievable show top to bottom, from the games shown to the gameplay:cinematic ratio to the live orchestra to the sheer pacing of it all.

Like, it's actually incredible that only three people spoke in that entire conference and they couldn't have taken up more than 5 minutes in total. This is really something, like even though their conferences the past few years have been very good they still demonstrated here that they learned where they could improve - there was no Powers talk, no PS Vue, just games games games. They killed it.
Basically this is what we've always wanted out of E3 and it finally happened toingiht.

Kojima's surprise trailer was the only thing I put full screen on.

They're already archived on their main channel. Sony's should be up by the morning is my guess.
I'll need to check the tape. But it seems like they say seven sequentially and in order. It looks like Kyle says it, then Brandon, then Ian.

Also great move to have 5 there on camera for Sony. Happy that Ben got a redemption stream after missing last years

ROFL just watched their reactions to Sony's press conference and right when Kojima comes out my house literally starts shaking. It was an Airplane flying low to the ground (not very far from an airport) but still.

ROFL just watched their reactions to Sony's press conference and right when Kojima comes out my house literally starts shaking. It was an Airplane flying low to the ground (not very far from an airport) but still.
Kojimas reveal has to be the most badass entrance in E3 history. Talk about rolling out the carpet. Sony wants Kojima to be with them for a long time soooo bad

EZA is amazing. They totally get it. They even perfectly summed up the crash sky landers thing (deal with the devil).

Sooooo good. I like some of the other sites, but EZA is on point with their praise and criticisms.

wiibomb

I really like GOW but knew they had to really shake things up to get me and others interest. What they had starting with PS2 was great but it was time to move on. And not just Kratos going to other mythos and doing the same thing. And this was a true shake up.

Take the two GOWs. Both I think in similar spots for me. God of War really shook things up. While Gears of war looks fun (god those cheesy lines) but I can't get hyped for it. It feels so played out.

I think the most important moment of the God of War trailer that I didn't see EZA bring up was when Kratos starting to get mad when they Kid disobeyed him and the deer ran off. You could see old Kratos coming back but he paused and regrouped.

That's when I went "oh he's actually changed"

I totally saw all that.

I don't know if EZA bringed this up, but I just have a fear about all of this...

The child...

I fear the child, because if we know we will be playing as Kratos then... the child is in a serious danger of dying and then we will see Kratos losing his shit all over again, I really want to know if this time things will be different
Did anyone see Kyle's story about Geoff trolling him about GTA6 during the microsoft conference? So goddamn funny.
Oh boy, no I didn't saw it... anywhere I can check it?

Is there a specific video or timestamp for this moment?

I think this happened when they were talking about microsoft in the 45 minutes before Sony's E3.

Also, there's rumblings that Red Dead Redemption 2 was supposed to close the show but they cut it due to some sort of similarity to the Orlando shootings. Rockstar couldn't do another cut in time and that's why their conference was 10 minutes short.

MrPanic

Had a great time spending all the conferences with EZA, just straight up good vibes all around, definitely made everything more fun to watch. Excited to see how they are gonna cover the rest of E3.

Looks like I'm already late with grading all the shows, but here are mine anyway. Really great shows overall, it's been a pretty great E3 so far.

EA: 2/10
Bethesda: 5/10
MS: 7/10
PC Gaming Show: 6/10
Ubisoft: 8/10
Sony: 9/10

btw
Since we're all so bored of downers who didn't take their Joy pills...I recommend checking out Kinda Funny's Tim Ghettys huber-esque freak out to the Crash announcement during their stream.

Good to see more jollyness out there ^_^

Tigermave

Neo Member

My guess is because they were stuck on Silent Hill and because it was so unlike Resident Evil. They even joke about it being REVII moments before, as if it is clearly not that. Great moment.

kami_sama

Had a great time spending all the conferences with EZA, just straight up good vibes all around, definitely made everything more fun to watch. Excited to see how they are gonna cover the rest of E3.

Looks like I'm already late with grading all the shows, but here are mine anyway. Really great shows overall, it's been a pretty great E3 so far.

For me it would be
EA: 2/10
Bethesda: 4/10
MS: 8/10
PC Gaming Show: 5/10
Ubisoft: 8/10
Sony: 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom