• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's just an almighty grind, lots and lots of grinding and lots of playthroughs to get everything. I'm about to finish it (finally) and I only have like 18% of the trophies.

I'm definitely done with Tales for the foreseeable future after this, I've enjoyed Zestiria but it has huge problems, the world is empty and meaningless, plot is padded out with silly fetch quests, the skills/upgrading system is needlessly convoluted. Plus it looks like a PS2 game still (possible hyperbole but you know what I mean), really need to get a new engine.

That's also what I remember my Tales guy told me. Also agree I hope after Berseria we get a major leap in Tales. I'm still sad that they won't return to the Vesperia aesthetic and improved on that, I played it in 2013 and thought I held up strongly whereas Graces which I played shortly after felt like a step back. I feel even more strongly about this when I look at some of the Atelier games(despite never having played one) those look really cool.

J-Skee

Jones actually answered this in a Cup of Jones segment. He said if you were going to spend $10 for example, it would be better to do $5 and $5 between patreon and twitch because it gets the subscriber numbers up for each to show potential partners the reach the group has.

Yeah, but then Kyle basically said screw that, spend the whole $10 at Patreon because they get more from that.

llehuty

Damn, I'm loving Bloodworth speaking about this little indie games in the Day 3 stream. All these games are so up my alley, didn't know Bloodworth was into this kind of games. Good stuff.

Auctopus

Damn, they are so tired when they are cracking up about For Honor on Valentine's Day.

Great ending too! If any of the Allies get sent to Gamescom, I will see you there, Bavarian Pint in hand!

CyReN

Glad to see some serious growth during E3

Zgk6jR6.png

Visceir

Yo Ben, flight tickets to Tokyo will be cheaper when you book them months in advance and the Tokyo Games Show will coincide with Persona 5 release in japan *wink wink nudge nudge*

Loved the E3 coverage, thanks.

llehuty

Yo Ben, flight tickets to Tokyo will be cheaper when you book them months in advance and the Tokyo Games Show will coincide with Persona 5 release in japan *wink wink nudge nudge*

Yesssssssssss

*daydreaming*
$55,000 strech goal: Easy allies will cover every relatively relevant international gaming event, sending 1~2 allies to each event.

sora87

Just finished day 3 impressions. What a week it's been, loved how they covered and discussed E3. It was a pleasure and here's to many more.
Thanks to all of them if they see this, love and respect.

Mipcgamer

I just want to thank the whole team for the incredible effort they put in their awesome E3 coverage.
Easy Allies made this E3 one of the best! Congratulations and keep it up.

delume

Positivity and gaming together? It's like being a child again. Thanks Easy Allies for being that early nineties gaming mag gathering a small group of kids around it, for reflecting the joy of playing video games and, most of all, for providing a counterpoint to a jaded gaming press obsessed with industry. Here's to the hype. Love and respect!

I just want to say thanks guys for the amazing coverage you all did for E3. I really believe you fellas are the best team out there. Keep up the good work and take some much needed rest.

Jhn

Yes, big thanks to the entire easy allies crew who made this E3 such an awesome experience.
Apart from how endlessly entertaining it is to watch the conferences with them, the random stories from the floor made the last couple of days for me. Huber receiving mysterious cookie gifts from devs, Ben getting "caught" playing naughty Yakuza 0 segments... It's all just been very entertaining to listen to.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I really wanna know the journalist who caught Ben was, haha.

Curious as well but the only way I want to find out is by listening to another podcast where that person tells the story from her side.
"So there was this guy in front me playing Yakuza 0...." xD

Auctopus

I can't believe it's taken me this long to realise but every now and then for a while, Kyle has reacted to somethings saying "Oh my GAAAD".

It only just clicked today that he's doing a Old Man Joestar impression, Son of a BIIIIIITCH!

Philippo

Listening to Brad's story about meeting Miyazaki and how happy he was about getting to meet someone so influential for you made me think about how much i'd love to meet the EZA guys because to me and my gaming life they're as much as important as someone like Miyazaki, yep.

Bonus pic:

kyle.gif

Surely for being someone that hates Mr. Mime sou much, you really resemble it Kyle.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I need to see this Huber and VandenBerghe segment REALLY SOON. I am expecting nearly unimaginable hype levels.

muteki

I wonder how Kyle got around the blurriness he mentioned when first putting on VR. Seemed like he couldn't adjust it far enough so that it wasn't blurry, but immediately after he was raving about it. I wonder how he fixed it/worked around it.

I wear glasses so I'm curious. I haven't heard anything negative about glasses and PSVR, but haven't really heard how well it works with them either.

Visceir

Secret best part of the past few days was Brad singing the correction music.

I wonder how Kyle got around the blurriness he mentioned when first putting on VR. Seemed like he couldn't adjust it far enough so that it wasn't blurry, but immediately after he was raving about it. I wonder how he fixed it/worked around it.

I wear glasses so I'm curious. I haven't heard anything negative about glasses and PSVR, but haven't really heard how well it works with them either.

I'm guessing that's the general lower quality of the VR/that specific screen resolution and is just something you either get used to or not.

Great feels all around. Love that Brad Ellis got to meet Miyazaki. Was a good smile be FD ore I passed out in bed on the stream last night lol.

Top moment of this E3 for me (at least so far; still going through all this #content):

OfsrrEM.gif

(RE7 reveal)

Isn't there a longer gif of this moment where Ben is slack-jawed for a few extra seconds? I could've sworn there was. I was laughing my ass off at it for ages.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Isn't there a longer gif of this moment where Ben is slack-jawed for a few extra seconds? I could've sworn there was. I was laughing my ass off at it for ages.
Probably; I made that one myself though. I also made a full-length version of that reaction but it's like 33 MB and I can't figure out how to optimize it :p

Not an ultra fan who tunes in for everything of theirs, but I do like them a lot. Huber talking about playing Yakuza 0 for 20 minutes was so good. I've never even played a Yakuza game, but his pure joy and emphatic storytelling put a huge smile on my face.

Edit:
Listened to the day one impressions earlier. Huber is the best storyteller and hype man in the business. That Yakuza story.

Wow I didn't even see this. I agree 100%.

Maligna

Banned
After watching these guys for years it strikes me how opposite Ian and Huber are in what they like in a playable character.

I wonder if Ian (who I sometimes get the suspicion feels like he's a lesbian in a man's body) ever willingly chooses a male character. Likewise I wonder if Huber (being all about blood, guts and manly men brawling with their bare hands) ever willingly chooses a female character in video games.

The one time I saw Huber have to go outside his comfort zone was when he role played a gay cowboy in the first episode of Fiasco for Tabletop Adventures. He knocked it out of the park and jumped right into the role.

Not sure of the point of this post, but it's something that I've been pondering every time I hear them get excited about their respective things. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom