• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking I might clip out 3 stand-alone segments from each impressions video this weekend if anyone has favorites. I know a lot of have mentioned the Yakuza story.
If imagine late tonight? I just saw a tweet from Blood 12 mins ago that he just woke up. And those loong YT uploads can take a long while.

You think I'd go to bed without getting that cooking? Just need to get some coffee brewing and I'll get to the thumbs and time markers.

Thinking I might clip out 3 stand-alone segments from each impressions video this weekend if anyone has favorites. I know a lot of have mentioned the Yakuza story.

You think I'd go to bed without getting that cooking? Just need to get some coffee brewing and I'll get to the thumbs and time markers.
Much appreciated Blood! Keep up the great work, you guys have made this E3 incredibly entertaining for me.

Awesome!

My votes

Day 1
- Yakuza 0
- Zelda
- Persona 5

Day 2
- Tekken 7
- I am Setsuna
- Mafia III

Day 3
- Batman VR
- For Honor
- Resident Evil 7

*Bow* I stand corrected. I wasn't sure how tired you all were last night.

Tankard

Blood with that German efficiency.

Yakuza 0 story is a given.
I'm thinking Huber/Bosman God of War impressions.
Resident Evil 7 discussion was awesome.
Persona 5's Ben impressions.
For Honor impressions.
Condensed Zelda discussion maybe.

Visceir

Manifold Garden was the first one that came to my mind. You explaining the game coupled with the footage was really impressive and I'm not even really into puzzle games.

It would also display the other side of Easy Allies, not just the "hype!!!"

Searching for the game on youtube didn't produce many results and I think it's worthwhile to expose this gem to more people.

Tankard

Manifold Garden was the first one that came to my mind. You explaining the game coupled with the footage was really impressive and I'm not even really into puzzle games.

It would also display the other side of Easy Allies, not just the "hype!!!"

Searching for the game on youtube didn't produce many results and I think it's worthwhile to expose this gem to more people.

Good point, it was really impressive and cool.

Sevyne

Blood, I just want to take a moment to say thank you for all of your hard work getting this stuff put up. Also want to thank all of the Allies for an amazing E3. You all lived up to what we love you for. Y'all deserve the success you've had with Easy Allies.

So many joyful moments that actually had me shed tears.

Philippo

What's the name of the game Blood showed after Forza Horizon?

Also, FFXV has to be in there if only for the debate value.

Edit: Manifold Garden okay

Day 1
- Yakuza 0
- Zelda
- Persona 5

Day 2
- Tekken 7
- I am Setsuna
- Mafia III

Day 3
- Batman VR
- For Honor
- Resident Evil 7
Good list!

100% agree with Day 1 and day 3 if we had to pick just 3 from each.

My Day 2:
- Kingdom Hearts HD2.8 Final Chapter Prolgue
- The Last Guardian
- Tekken 7

(man, SO hard to pick - all the Allies did a FANTASTIC job giving us actual game impressions this E3)

Thanks Blood. You and Damiani are the real MVPs!

Awesome!

My votes

Day 1
- Yakuza 0
- Persona 5

Day 2
- Tekken 7
- I am Setsuna

Day 3
- Batman VR
- For Honor
- Resident Evil 7

*Bow* I stand corrected. I wasn't sure how tired you all were last night.
I can't really argue with those.

I might leave Zelda out because it starts the video, and instead go with:

Day 1:

God of War

Day 2 I think I would nominate:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

VR is soooo awesome. Played the PSVR Eve demo from the Best Buy event and it solidified my pre order purchase. So great. I'll post more when I get home.

The other day I got an email from the retailer I have my PSVR pre-ordered with confirming that I have day-one allocation of the headset so I'll get it release day. Can't deny the Allies' qualms with the visual quality of some of the titles like RE7 had me worried though, but seeing reports like this makes me think I'll be keeping my pre-order intact.

Kneefoil

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Manifold Garden discussions stand out to me personally from the E3 videos because I had never heard about either of them, but I was completely sold on both of them after Easy Allies talked about them.

brawly

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Manifold Garden discussions stand out to me personally from the E3 videos because I had never heard about either of them, but I was completely sold on both of them after Easy Allies talked about them.

Yep, Kingdom Come Deliverance talk was great.

Panda Rin

Have to thank the EZA crew, what an E3 to be a part of it. Sad that's over, but you all deserve a nice, long weekend to yourselves! I'm usually not the one to listen to people talk about video games, but sitting and listening to you all for 20-30 hours was an absolute joy.

I hope you all are able to send at least one person for the other major conferences!

Have to thank the EZA crew, what an E3 to be a part of it. Sad that's over, but you all deserve a nice, long weekend to yourselves! I'm usually not the one to listen to people talk about video games, but sitting and listening to you all for 20-30 hours was an absolute joy.

I hope you all are able to send at least one person for the other major conferences!

They probably will be at PSX at least (depending where it's held I guess), dunno about PAX and such. And of course we got more delicious press conferences coming in just a few months! Also can't wait for NX event, gonna be crazy.

Awesome job Allies. E3 was amazing and mainly because of you guys.

As for game discussions to break out.

Yakuza 0 (a lock)

Zelda
God of War
Tekken 7
Resident EVIIl
Batman VR
I am Setsuna
For Honor
Manifold Garden (as others have said not much coverage out there for this )

Lexad

Wow the GOW reaction reveal video has nearly 90k views on youtube

Death Stranding and RE7 have 60k

Great ambassador videos for these guys to introduce people to them

Wow the GOW reaction reveal video has nearly 90k views on youtube

Death Stranding and RE7 have 60k

Great ambassador videos for these guys to introduce people to them

Come for the reactions, stay for the good vibes.

I can't wait to see how the EZA community grows over the coming months / years (*crosses fingers that this goes for the long haul*).

How about having one stand out video from each of the guys.

Maybe for example.

Ben with Persona 5
Huber with Yakusa 0
Brad with I am Setsuna
Jones with Call of Duty
Blood with Manifold Garden
Damiani with Horizon
Bosman with Zelda

Just a suggestion to give everybody a bit of the spotlight.

Maybe for example.

Ben with Persona 5
Huber with Yakusa 0
Brad with I am Setsuna
Jones with Call of Duty
Damiani with Horizon
Bosman with Zelda

Might not frame it that way, but it is worth keeping in mind and that's not a bad list.

Visceir

Manifold Garden - for the reasons mentioned in previous post.

God Of War - went back and watched it again, very informative and contains lots of interesting things about the game that I wouldn't have known otherwise, Huber was definitely in best form day1. Kyle added his own flair to it. Really enjoyable

Yakuza 0 - obvious choice.

I think those 3 segments are in their own league and well worth adding as separate videos. The VR stuff is something we've heard from other sites/people for months now and Kingdom Come: Deliverance sounds like a Peter Molyneux "you can do anything!" situation.

Tankard

Maybe for example.

Ben with Persona 5
Huber with Yakusa 0
Brad with I am Setsuna
Jones with Call of Duty
Damiani with Horizon
Bosman with Zelda

Good ideas, just would replace Brandon moment for maybe Arkhan VR with Bosman.

Good list!

100% agree with Day 1 and day 3 if we had to pick just 3 from each.

My Day 2:
- Kingdom Hearts HD2.8 Final Chapter Prolgue
- The Last Guardian
- Tekken 7

(man, SO hard to pick - all the Allies did a FANTASTIC job giving us actual game impressions this E3)
Yea day 2 was hard to pick. I'd love to also get In Horizon, GOW , Manifold Garden and Kingdom come in there but was trying to follow the rules. I'd swap out Mafia 3 for one of those as well

The other day I got an email from the retailer I have my PSVR pre-ordered with confirming that I have day-one allocation of the headset so I'll get it release day. Can't deny the Allies' qualms with the visual quality of some of the titles like RE7 had me worried though, but seeing reports like this makes me think I'll be keeping my pre-order intact.

Here's my writeup/impressions:
Just got back from the nearest BB from demoing VR. Long line, and i had about an hour wait.

Short Answer: VR is sooo awesome!!!

Long Answer:

I have been very intersted in VR since the Oculous first was announced. I've been following it for years but have never really tried any of the modern VR headsets. I got PSVR pre-ordered from amazon as it seems like a good entry level item, as i'd want to get a Vive but would wait for at least Gen 2 of the tech for that price.

Anyway, I picked Eve Valkyrie as the demo since its essentially the dream since a kid while watching Macross, Star Wars, etc.

The person demoing it said since it was my first time doing VR to probably take it slow, but early on i decided to just do barrell rolls out of the shoot which was a ton of fun. And surprised him. haha. I hate rollercoasters and that sense of drop, but i don't get motion sickness and I had no issues with VR in that sense. You could *feel* what seemed like the Gs of the sharp turns in VR which i thought was amazing.

The headset itself was very light, i had no issues with it. Granted its only an 8-10 minute demo but early impressions were great.

At the start you can see the detail/image quality isn't as good as regular PS4 games. It is expected but a minute or two into the demo I didn't even notice. Everything else that was happened washed that away. There might have been a screen door effect? Its hard to tell. I kind of think of this like screen tearing. I didn't know what it was, and then when pointed out, its all I see. I could see "graininess" ot things but nothing major.

Overall the experience was amazing. Everything I hoped VR could do and was so happy that it lived up to the hype for me in the small amount of time playing it.

However afterward I noticed my eyes had eye strain for a good 15-20 minutes. Like from staring at a monitor too long. I'm hoping this is just me being new to VR as a whole and then jumping into Eve which is easily the most intense of the demo's they held.

Still, it was great. No doubt i'm keeping my pro-order. I feel like this is the start of a cool new thing in games. I can't wait to show this off to friends and family when it launches. I liken this to when game developers first started doing 3D games. It took them years in game design to figure out things we take for granted now (i.e. how to manage the camera). It will take time from the SW and the Tech but this feels like the moment when a new branch of gaming shows up. The things that people touted with motion controls last gen as the future is actually manifesting itself in the form of VR. Its the real deal.

J-Skee

I'm getting close to finally finishing Day 2 & I can't believe of all games, Huber got me hyped for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I never thought anything could get me excited for that game, but of course his infectious enthusiasm got to me.

The other highlights for me were I Am Setsuna & We Happy Few. Brad & Kyle did an excellent job explain exactly what I Am Setsuna is & Blood haunted me with We Happy Few.

Great day of impressions overall. I don't know if I'll be able to get through Day 3 tonight though.

This year's e3 was so good, and most of that for me was down to EZA's coverage. I stayed up til around 6am each night (morning?) watching their streams until I collapsed, and it was worth every minute.

I'm sure Huber could read a dictionary and make it sound exciting. Amazing storyteller.

LewieP

Thoroughly enjoyed your E3 coverage.

Even though things are a little more rough round the edges these days compared to years gone by at GT, I think I much prefer how much more personal everything is now.

Yes maybe things aren't quite as slick or as polished, but I feel like everyone's personalities have more room to express themselves.

I'd also say that whilst you obviously don't have the corporate backing of some of your contemporaries, where it counts you are clearly all professionals. And when compared to other independent ventures, your work ethic and experienced presentation style really stand out.

Obviously in the last few years of GT, your budget was cut, and you had to shift focus into personality based coverage (a shift that resulted in me following your coverage a lot closer), and I know you've had tough times on the road to where you are now, but it really feels like EZA is the culmination of that shift in strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom